F: Bellchambers - Gumbleton - Winderlich
B: Lake - Gibson - Guerra
R: Ryder - Myers - Goddard
R: Bailey - Hodge - Shiels
I: Dell'Olio - Dempsey - Colyer
I: Whitecross - Puopolo - Rioli
S: Kommer
S: Hill

Kommer won't be sub, he was ineffective as sub in round 2 and hasn't played that role since.

Jake Melksham has gone from strength to strength this season, repaying the faith in him. He's been shutting down players, and making them work the other way, kicking goals for the bombers consistently. It will be interesting to see if he gets another run-with role against a Mitchell or Hodge or if he's used more offensively again.
What have you been watching? Today's game was one of his best all year and it was still average. His Western Bulldogs game was horrible, and for mine he has gonna backwards. Can't understand his continued gametime/

Kommer won't be sub, he was ineffective as sub in round 2 and hasn't played that role since.

What have you been watching? Today's game was one of his best all year and it was still average. His Western Bulldogs game was horrible, and for mine he has gonna backwards. Can't understand his continued gametime/
troll? u cannot be serious

Form.

scc2mg.png

Del and Colyer will stay in. I'll take a stab at the changes and say

IN: Hocking, Winderlich, Zaka, Howlett
OUT: Jetta, NOB, Merrett and NLM

Considerably stronger in the midfield and Winders can also bring his experience into the forward line. If any of the 4 ins aren't fit enough, NLM stays in. We need a big body in the middle, as much as we can use until the skipper returns.

I'd suggest our forward line and contested football will be emphasised at training. These two areas were our weakest today and we will be cut up by the Hawks if we continue to get smacked in contested possessions. If we aren't careful, Mitchell will eat us alive, this is where we badly miss Jobe and his inside work.

Del and Colyer will stay in. I'll take a stab at the changes and say

IN: Hocking, Winderlich, Zaka, Howlett
OUT: Jetta, NOB, Merrett and NLM

Considerably stronger in the midfield and Winders can also bring his experience into the forward line. If any of the 4 ins aren't fit enough, NLM stays in. We need a big body in the middle, as much as we can use until the skipper returns.

I'd suggest our forward line and contested football will be emphasised at training. These two areas were our weakest today and we will be cut up by the Hawks if we continue to get smacked in contested possessions. If we aren't careful, Mitchell will eat us alive, this is where we badly miss Jobe and his inside work.
Probably fair changes. Just disappointing dropping Nobby.

Probably fair changes. Just disappointing dropping Nobby.

He played really well today NOB. I chose to keep NLM over him if only 3 changes are made simply because NLM is a bigger body and would have a bigger impact as sub. I would still be happy if NOB stays in and does another tagging job, played extremely well today in shutting down Callan Ward

Not sure who to tip. I have tipped us in all games bar the first and it has done us pretty well. Don't wanna jinx lol.

If we get Hocking, Zaharakis and Winderlich back I reckon we are a big chance. We look like we have been waiting for this one.

If Gumby or Daniher has a big game in the twos it would be very tempting to bring them in for either Bellchambers or Crameri. Suspect we'll be conservative though.

The atmosphere should be mental and the crowd massively pro Essendon. Can't wait.

If we get Hocking, Zaharakis and Winderlich back I reckon we are a big chance. We look like we have been waiting for this one.

If Gumby or Daniher has a big game in the twos it would be very tempting to bring them in for either Bellchambers or Crameri. Suspect we'll be conservative though.

The atmosphere should be mental and the crowd massively pro Essendon. Can't wait.
Might be heading out to the game tommorow. Hope big Joe shines for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think that Jake Carlisle will get first crack at Franklin if Buddy does end up playing. I also think Hooker will likely get Roughead.

I'm worried about Tom Bellchambers. He will try and drift forward at every opportunity. He's been super this year for the Bombers and our ruck division is still fairly week and he could expose our rucks going the other way, as could Ryder. We got exposed by the Dogs on the fast break today with their leg speed and with this game being at Etihad, we might have trouble stopping the Essendon pace.

Gumby or JD could break into the side at the expense of Crameri after today, but they'll almost certainly be conservative at selection. Hocking, Winders, Zaka and Howlett would give us a chance, but our forward half would have to function 10x better; that's why I'd consider Gumby or JD if one had a big game.

Sneakyjetta?

IN- Pears (if Buddy plays), Howlett, Zaka, Winderlich
Out - Jetta, Merrett, Kommer, O'Brien

Hocking isn't the type of player of player who can step back into the AFL intensity and should come back through the reserves

Ineffective in a game won by nearly 150 points :rolleyes:

What have you been watching? He won us the game against Carlton, shut Gaff down in the second half of the West Coast game which was a big reason we won that game, shut down Hartlett against Port other than a couple of goals, destroyed Griffen against the dogs, and he was near on BOG for us today, even got the 1 vote on the ABC.

Lol, he wasn't near BOG for us this weekend :D

Was rated 3rd best player on the ground by the ABC, only behind Colyer and Cameron.

If our midfield was fully fit and all in form, I'd say we'd have a chance.

As it stands though, I think we are in for a flogging. If we can be competitive for the four quarters and keep the deficit under 30 points AND get through it without any more bad injuries or reports in what will be a physically tough game, then I'd be content.

Regardless of the result, should be a very informative measuring stick for the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back