Preview Essendon vs Hawthorn, Docklands, 26/07/13

Essendon vs Hawthorn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Essendon v Box Hill game at Windy Hill. Lake made mince meat of Daniher that day...I don't have high hopes of Daniher kicking a bag tonight

I was there that game. Not sure it was all Lake that rendered JD ineffective. Better quality of supply tonight would help, I would have thought.

I'll give you Birchall.

I don't include players who are long term injured ( schoenmakers/suckling) And Schoenmakers wouldn't get a game before Lake.

Shiels is right on the edge.

We can say that Hawthorn is fielding a stronger line-up.

That's a bit of a biased assessment which is fair enough, we have currently 6 players who would be in our best 22 come finals not in the team, you might not rate shiels but he usually tags one of the oppositions best runners and gives us a bit of drive as well, is important to the side. Same with Xavier Ellis the forgotten man, if he actually can get his body right will be in the team as well. Schoenmakers will definitely be in the team even if Lake is there, that's the most inaccurate comment. If Schoenmakers is there we don't play Gibson in a key defensive post and we use him as a more offensive player.

No way Gibson is 189 I'm 191 and he seemed heaps shorter than me :eek:

He definitely isn't 189 imo, at least 191 which is still short for a key back, he plays well above his height though as he is quite athletic and has good timing and closing speed. Only the genuine monsters get a hold of him like Cloke, Hawkins these type of guys.

I was there that game. Not sure it was all Lake that rendered JD ineffective. Better quality of supply tonight would help, I would have thought.

Lordy, not being in a position to see any of our VFL matches I find this hard to believe given the delivery I see all too often going into the forwardline in the seniors

Gibson is half an inch taller than I am. I'm 187.5, so I'd guess Gibson is ~189, as is Stratton. Lake will get Derp or Ryder/Bellchambers. Gibson will take Hurley. Stratton on the other of the three monsters.

Lordy, not being in a position to see any of our VFL matches I find this hard to believe given the delivery I see all too often going into the forwardline in the seniors

Ha ha, that is a valid point. Here's hoping...

P.S. Though if it usually ends up being on Hurley's head (too high), then for Daniher....highest point!

He definitely isn't 189 imo, at least 191 which is still short for a key back, he plays well above his height though as he is quite athletic and has good timing and closing speed. Only the genuine monsters get a hold of him like Cloke, Hawkins these type of guys.

He's a very good player no doubt but I was just pointing out the statistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Bellchambers/Ryder and Daniher being up forward throughout the match Lake will find himself on those guys, Gibson will take Hurley if he plays forward, has a good record on him. To the poster who said you should isolate Stratton that only applies if he is being stretched for height and weight, pound for pound is one of our best defenders 1 on 1 and would have got the job on Crameri if he was playing. Clarko wont allow Stratton to be isolated on a Daniher or a Ryder anyway. There will be alot of mixing and matching going on to avoid mismatches imo.

I see it this way too. Hurley is not exactly dangerous overhead at the moment but he will work hard on the lead (which is not Lake's strength). Gibson seems to be the best fit for Hurley while Lake is probably best suited to Daniher/Bellchambers with Stratton floating between Ryder and Daniher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back