Preview Essendon vs Port Adelaide, Marvel, Saturday 03/08/19 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A banged up Ryder will still destroy Clarke imo

I feel Clarke is more suited to lumbering rucks like Lycett,Ryder has the ability to run all over the ground and drift forward for a goal or two
Ryder is fragile and past it. Classic definition of cooked. If he plays as the number 1 ruck, then he’ll be done by the 4th quarter.
You’re thinking of Essendon Ryder.

Lycett will destroy Clarke for 4 quarters in the middle and around the ground.

Nick Riewoldt thinks our form is misleading.

Stats aren't everything but we are not top 4 in scoring from turn overs and time in forward half which is what you need to win a flag he claims.
It’s pretty fair tbh. Not sure the validity of those other stats but we’ve beaten some middling teams on the back of some questionable umpiring and individual brilliance. Think 7-1 flatters us tbh, we’re more a 5-3 side I reckon over that period all things being equal. I’ll take the wins but we’re not world beaters

It’s pretty fair tbh. Not sure the validity of those other stats but we’ve beaten some middling teams on the back of some questionable umpiring and individual brilliance. Think 7-1 flatters us tbh, we’re more a 5-3 side I reckon over that period all things being equal. I’ll take the wins but we’re not world beaters

I'm just worried that we will get found out again in finals. Everybody knows that the fwd half game and winning the territory battle is key to winning a flag yet we persist with the run and gun style that's gets easily shut down when the opposition apply good pressure.

Yep, we're lucky strugglers.

I'm just worried that we will get found out again in finals. Everybody knows that the fwd half game and winning the territory battle is key to winning a flag yet we persist with the run and gun style that's gets easily shut down when the opposition apply good pressure.

We aren't gonna win a flag this year so best to just enjoy the ride.

Jesus, you'd think after 5 on the trot people would be pleased about our team and how it's performing given our missing names
pffft! classic essendon - always looking back to past glories.

Jesus, you'd think after 5 on the trot people would be pleased about our team and how it's performing given our missing names
I’m extremely happy that we’re getting the results especially with the missing personnel, my comment was more that our 7-1 stretch is likely not sustainable given the way we’ve achieved it and is probably not reflective of the most likely outcome if you’d simulated the past few games n times, nor is it reflective of a 19-3 extrapolated 22 game season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy that we are winning but over the next 4 games I would like us to be in front at half time for a change and putting in a 4 qrt performance
It's better to keep falling over the line and keep the four quarter performances for the finals - optimizes the element of surprise.

Could easily rejig by bringing in Hartley late for Snelling, with Francis being able to move forward when we don't want all of Hartley, Hooker, Ambrose and Francis back, or when Clark is off, McKernan in the ruck, and we only have Brown and Stringer as marking targets (which Brown isn't).

Don't see how our form is "misleading". Are we supposed to have lost some of those 7 games or something?

I don't think anyone is seriously claiming we're the best team in the competition just because we've won our last 5.

When a team wins a bunch of close games, their record often looks better than their actual ability. There is a certain degree of luck and randomness in really close games such as those against North and Gold Coast.

So yes I think you could look at wins and losses and declare that we are in amazing form. Whereas watching the games you'd quickly realise how lucky we have been.

Don't at all get any fascination with Snelling, he's basically just Corey Dell'Olio.

Like, Lav gets dropped because they killed his momentum he was getting by wanting to rest him and he had a s**t game coming back.

He’s played 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back