Preview Essendon vs Richmond, Dreamtime @ The 'G, 31/05/2014, 7:45 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your Maric and raise you a TBC for importance to structures

(edit: kinda. No one gets close to importance for pure grunt than Maric for that side - makes them a completely different force with him in)

I know what you mean, as I was going to post similarly. But Maric to Richmond is a bit like Judd to Carlton. Things clicked when they came on board and they all play better when they're on the field next to them.

When will he be back though? I heard Hardwick say he will need at least 2 or 3 weeks in the VFL to come up to scratch.

Someone on the Richmond/GWS preview thread over there suggested Dreamtime, but that would be rushing him back you would think. Though not ruled out yet...

Apparently this is from 20 May (Tuesday)"

Football manager Dan Richardson said it was great to see Maric back on the field, but that he would not be rushed back.

“He got through three quarters and pulled up well, so we’ll look to give him more minutes at VFL level this week before we make a decision on his availability for AFL selection,” he said,

“Ivan is obviously an important player for us, but we want to make sure he is ready to perform at AFL level, and not rush him back too early.”

Someone on the Richmond/GWS preview thread over there suggested Dreamtime, but that would be rushing him back you would think. Though not ruled out yet...

Apparently this is from 20 May (Tuesday)"
Football manager Dan Richardson said it was great to see Maric back on the field, but that he would not be rushed back.

“He got through three quarters and pulled up well, so we’ll look to give him more minutes at VFL level this week before we make a decision on his availability for AFL selection,” he said,

“Ivan is obviously an important player for us, but we want to make sure he is ready to perform at AFL level, and not rush him back too early.”
They will rush him alright... Not against GWS probably, but against us without doubt. They need to turn their season around now, not in 4 weeks time.

They will rush him alright... Not against GWS probably, but against us without doubt. They need to turn their season around now, not in 4 weeks time.

Let's be honest, it seemed to work for Bellchambers. He started off rusty but I thought worked his way into the game really well.

Anyone bored of watching the tumbleweeds here, head over to the Rich vs. GWS preview thread and have a chuckle at all the Tiges jumping ship in anticipation of a flogging in Sydney. Very entertaining stuff. Gooo Giants!

Anyone bored of watching the tumbleweeds here, head over to the Rich vs. GWS preview thread and have a chuckle at all the Tiges jumping ship in anticipation of a flogging in Sydney. Very entertaining stuff. Gooo Giants!

That was okay, but their season in GIF thread was wonderful! I like Richmond and am disappointed they aren't up, but doesn't mean we can't get a laugh out of it, as their own have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, I reckon just a week ago a lot of us were damned glad to look forward to having this weekend off.
Not me, I don't like it one bit. But BTG has the right idea :D

I dunno, I reckon just a week ago a lot of us were damned glad to look forward to having this weekend off.

Na, a 5 or 6 days off is more than enough for us fans, it is a good thing for the players though.

Been off this board for a while (moved to Sydney and TBH the ASADA thing has been six months of nothing), but with our game done today just wanted to drop in and say really looking forward to next week

Regardless of the result today, our season is cooked, but that being said I'm loving the effort both clubs make for this game, and the "me too" jumpers from the other clubs who are jumping on board too (although I must say some of the jumpers are just plain embarrassing)

Don't need to say neither clubs year has gone the way we want, but looking forward to both teams giving us a good show next weekend.

As for now, the bye sucks, but I hear EdTV is a good laugh tonight

*On the other shit, anyone who says they know how this will end is deluded. We have three years possibly before a full stop is put on this. In the meantime, keep sticking by your team regardless of what everyone else here is saying. Its not about who did or didnt do what (we still dont friggin know!!), its about it being YOUR club, and you don't give up on that

Dimma said that Maric won't play against GWS. I actually want him to play against us. It will be rushed back. He may struggle getting around the ground due to match fitness.

Right now I'd say 50:50. Maric got through the VFL game, but reports on our board didn't have him at his usual form. With Hampston actually not being a liability today, I wouldn't be surprised if we wait another week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back