Preview Essendon vs Richmond, Dreamtime @ The 'G, 31/05/2014, 7:45 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Hampson will be at his best when they get Maric back, allowing him to be more fwd

I reckon Hampson will be at his best when they get Maric back, allowing him to be more fwd

theres been a fair bit of debate about that on our board. Can they work together? Can he function as a forward better than Vickery (yes I know he's had a horrid year, but Hampsons main strength has been in ruck, not up forward)?

Different names, but a very similar debate to what you guys were having in recent years re: your talls

theres been a fair bit of debate about that on our board. Can they work together? Can he function as a forward better than Vickery (yes I know he's had a horrid year, but Hampsons main strength has been in ruck, not up forward)?

Different names, but a very similar debate to what you guys were having in recent years re: your talls
I think they can. Griffiths CHF, Jack FF, Hampson/Maric FP. It will particularly help Ivan get back early on to spend significant time forward

I don't mind the fact that Richmond had a thumping win today, sides coming off big wins often struggle the following week with intensity and after a week off I reckon we could come out hard and make this a contested game from the start and get the jump on them.

I suggest spending the weekend in a drunken stupor.

Just a quick update, going from Draught cans to CC and Dry is ****ing sensational but switching back again when the CC runs out is not quite the same but did it none the less, oh and yeah my sportingbet account looks pretty cool also, **** I love Byes lol

I think they can. Griffiths CHF, Jack FF, Hampson/Maric FP. It will particularly help Ivan get back early on to spend significant time forward

It's Hampson or Vickery, on form you'd pick the Hampster, but Vickery really should be able to hold down that 2nd ruck spot

It's Hampson or Vickery, on form you'd pick the Hampster, but Vickery really should be able to hold down that 2nd ruck spot

It's interesting that one for them, Hampson beat Mumford in the hitouts but the Giants won the clearances, maybe they will back him to go again given Maric could be still underdone, hopefully this is an area we can really get on top with Ryder in good form and Belly with a run under his belt.

This is one of my favorite games of the year. The atmosphere is always electric at this game.

It's generally a pretty good game too with both sides getting up for it, although last year we didn't really come to play.

Not sure how fit and healthy the Bombers are but we might be a little underdone. Jackson could miss or play restricted which means we might be bringing in a club débutant in Miles. I would prefer Arnot come in for his tackling pressure.

The

This is one of my favorite games of the year. The atmosphere is always electric at this game.

It's generally a pretty good game too with both sides getting up for it, although last year we didn't really come to play.

Not sure how fit and healthy the Bombers are but we might be a little underdone. Jackson could miss or play restricted which means we might be bringing in a club débutant in Miles. I would prefer Arnot come in for his tackling pressure.

The

I saw Arnott on the ABC match of the day yesterday. He won a massive hard ball and set up a goal with it. Absolutely spectacular hardball stuff. The commentator mentioned how it was Sydneyesqe .... might want to offer him a good contract as I imagine a few other clubs would like him on their list now that he's learning how to use his body. He just seems to have zero confidence at the top level. That can be fixed though if a coach puts some belief into him.

Also noticed a tall back for you blokes, Walls. Skinny as shit but very tall and quite quick, though he did seem to slow down a lot towards the end of the game. Despite his skinny frame he was so hard in the contest on the ground and in the air. Is he on your main list?

I saw Arnott on the ABC match of the day yesterday. He won a massive hard ball and set up a goal with it. Absolutely spectacular hardball stuff. The commentator mentioned how it was Sydneyesqe .... might want to offer him a good contract as I imagine a few other clubs would like him on their list now that he's learning how to use his body. He just seems to have zero confidence at the top level. That can be fixed though if a coach puts some belief into him.

Also noticed a tall back for you blokes, Walls. Skinny as shit but very tall and quite quick, though he did seem to slow down a lot towards the end of the game. Despite his skinny frame he was so hard in the contest on the ground and in the air. Is he on your main list?
There's no guy called Walls on our main nor rookie list, so must be one of the VFL listed players. Haven't heard of him to be honest but I don't watch the VFL.

Arnot is one of those guys who I think has been harshly treated by the coaching staff. I've always liked what I've seen of him at AFL level (hard tackling, bumping, pressure acts and generally good ball use), but he's one of those guys where he plays one quiet game and he's immediately dropped whereas others are given weeks to find form. I really do hope we give him a month or so of AFL footy because he could be a handy inside midfielder/defensive forward.

You can guess which side Eth falls on when it comes to our tall debate ;)

You can guess which side Eth falls on when it comes to our tall debate ;)
Maric won't be able to ruck 90% of the time straight away. And Vickery's a spud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to this game also, hopefully we start to move the ball quicker and get more run and carry into game style and turn the corner this year.

Surely this can become the second biggest H&A game of the year attendance wise, 80,222 is the figure to beat.
Our home game so hopefully we get lots of red & black in the stands.

juss is correct, he's one of our VFL listed kids

BTW just a reminder that the VFL is on at 2pm at Punt Road too

If you have the time, definitely come in early, watch the VFL, then walk over to the G for some tucker and the main show

Only caution is it is touch and go whether the stand will be open. If its not, crowd is capped at 2300, so get in early (they had to shut the gate at before half time for the Box Hill game)

If you missed the preseason game there, every report Ive read (from home and away fans) love it being as close to a curtain raiser as we are gunna get

Deledio is the key for them..

Never seems to play a bad game, and always rises to the occasion against us.
Send Hocking to him. Deledio is very susceptable to a tag

BTW just a reminder that the VFL is on at 2pm at Punt Road too

If you have the time, definitely come in early, watch the VFL, then walk over to the G for some tucker and the main show

Only caution is it is touch and go whether the stand will be open. If its not, crowd is capped at 2300, so get in early (they had to shut the gate at before half time for the Box Hill game)

If you missed the preseason game there, every report Ive read (from home and away fans) love it being as close to a curtain raiser as we are gunna get
We're basing our Essendon board catch up around it.

VFL to London to MCG!

Should join us, mate.

We're basing our Essendon board catch up around it.

VFL to London to MCG!

Should join us, mate.

Would if I could, Im probably back in Melb the following weekend unfortunately

I haven't heard back from the RFC official who posts on BF, but if the stand isn't going to be ready I'd contact the club about getting tickets in advance

Would you send someone to Cotchin or go head:head with Watson/Goddard/Myers?
Send Watson h2h with him and laugh at how much Jobe dominates him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back