Mega Thread Essendon vs Richmond - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Essendon vs Richmond - Team Discussion

Dissapointing changes-
Thurstfield, Grigg, Hislop all poor players.

Surely we could have bought in Morton, Tuck and Nason

Essendon have a short forward line too so where is the logicin having Rance, McGuan and Thurstfeild.

I'd have money on Graham coming in for Griff too

Yeah wouldn't be shocked in Gus comes in for Griff.

I am not bothered to much about giving Thursfield 1 very last crack, mind you he let through 8 goals at least last week so very thin ice suuuurely.

Re: Essendon vs Richmond

funny-dog-pictures-captain-serious.jpg
Hey I resent that, I knew that DD was joking around

Re: Essendon vs Richmond

That's the official change - Gus has run his race then you'd think.

Good to see Griff is fit and Farmer was ****ing woeful last week so happy for Reece to come back in.

Griff won't ruck - there was all the talk that that's how he injured his shoulders. Post looked pretty capable in the ruck a couple of weeks ago in a few small stints.

Except he rucked a little last week before going off :confused:

3 key backs suggests that Post won't be playing down back, making me think that there's a fair chance he could even play number 1 ruck. I'm not against the idea, he is good around the ground for a ruck and contests the hitouts quite well.

3 key backs suggests that Post won't be playing down back, making me think that there's a fair chance he could even play number 1 ruck. I'm not against the idea, he is good around the ground for a ruck and contests the hitouts quite well.

Yeah, worth a shot I reckon. He really did do a reasonable job as backup ruck late last year, and you'd think he'd be better than both Gus and Browne at simply following the opposition ruck around the ground, competing and taking a few marks. I'd expect him to tire pretty early unless he gets a decent chop out from
the others.

At least we'd find out a bit more about him.

I'm happy enough to let the MC pick who they want for their own reasons....they are planning for a flag not just to appease the un-washed here on BF. I for one am not that fussed about 2011 in terms of wins/losses but just that they keep working towards the ultimate goal.

However if it were all about this week then I'd like Tuck in but it appears his papers are stamped. Interesting to see if big Griff comes up... Wonder if the Bombres will try to stretch us by bringing in Bellchambers late.... I doubt it but you never know!!

No Ruckmen this week

So we are going to try and play with no ruckmen this week .....against a side who will play tall...
I think we have lost our minds.
Angus' papers may have been stamped if he cant get in to this side...

My thoughts on selection this week.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

That's it in a nutshell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous not selecting Graham unless he is also injured. Now we are throwing Vickory to the wolves when he has been arguably our best forward in the last 6 weeks. If he cops an injury this will just show how amateur our selectors are being.

It also means that Conca was rested not dropped because Coburg had the bye last week. Interesting. I felt he needed a game in the 2's just rebuild some confidence.

This week will confirm that we are not interested a all in making the eight.

Ridiculous not selecting Graham unless he is also injured. Now we are throwing Vickory to the wolves when he has been arguably our best forward in the last 6 weeks. If he cops an injury this will just show how amateur our selectors are being.

It also means that Conca was rested not dropped because Coburg had the bye last week. Interesting. I felt he needed a game in the 2's just rebuild some confidence.

Nut we are tankng, or finally the selectors have seen the light and play griggs in the ruck.

This should appease the pro development lobby amongst us.

so how do you like them apples.

Don't think we've really been interested in making the 8 all year, its just that circumstances have found us in the mix and that got the average punter excited.

Re: No Ruckmen this week

So we are going to try and play with no ruckmen this week .....against a side who will play tall...
I think we have lost our minds.
Angus' papers may have been stamped if he cant get in to this side...

Not at all...relax...kingy will play first ruck....its about player development!... :p ...

Hardwick a man of his word

Well dimma is a man of his word , looking at the changes this week, they obviously didnt review the game.

How Thursfield gets another game swatting flies, and he missed them all.

Hislop....enuf said, We are shite in the rucking department so what do we do, Go into the game without rucks,

Im glad that there were no wholsale changes this week, i mean why would anyone need to be dropped after a 430 point loss?

rant rant rant

how helbig and hislop are in the team is a astounding, helbig just isnt ready yet.

last week Hislop had 8 disposals ( 3 kicks, 5 handballs) 0 tackles !!! (isnt that supposed to be one of his strengths??). 0 inside 50's and 0 frees for and 3 free's against

what did he do for us?

Re: Hardwick a man of his word

Well dimma is a man of his word , looking at the changes this week, they obviously didnt review the game.

How Thursfield gets another game swatting flies, and he missed them all.

Hislop....enuf said, We are shite in the rucking department so what do we do, Go into the game without rucks,

Im glad that there were no wholsale changes this week, i mean why would anyone need to be dropped after a 430 point loss?

rant rant rant

Yes you can give dimma that...and good on him too..

More 'development' pain for the young players...

And more short term pain for the supporters as well...

Considering Graham's an emergency, he should be considered fit to play, ludicrous to think Vickery and Post will survive against Ryder and Hille

As for Tuck - i mean this week we're coming up against an under strength midfield, we should be looking to win the ball out of the centre the majority of the time, and Tuck would allow this over Hislop, Grigg etc. the better delivery out of the middle, the more experience our forwards will get

Thursfield is likely being given a chance to save his career/add currency.

Our rucks have been shit all year so why try the same old failed players? Instead try a new setup and give others a chance to make their name as a quality ruck.

Hislop could be the same as Thursfield, or could be being used as a way of making the Mortons and Nasons work harder to get back into the side.

We're not a finals team, even if by some miraculous chance we made finals we wouldn't go very far. We need to figure out who will take us forward, where they're best suited to play. So we will have games where players will be out of position or played ahead of someone more worthy.

You need to do this to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Essendon vs Richmond - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back