Mega Thread Essendon vs Richmond - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Essendon vs Richmond - Team Discussion

Angus as first emergency, i'm sure he will play. Perhaps just leaving the Bombers guessing to who we are dropping out(injury perhaps?).

They will be cherry ripe because they are sticking fat.

They are locked and loaded for this game.

This selection is bringing back memories, Its not bad enough to drag the jumper through the mud last week, they are going to spit on it this week....

Angus as first emergency, i'm sure he will play. Perhaps just leaving the Bombers guessing to who we are dropping out(injury perhaps?).
Little whisper that Gus willcome in for Griff.

The match committee have officially lost the plot...

Before anyone gives me crap about how the match committee are picking teams for player development or there's no one else... how the hell can we persist with Thursty and Slops FFS? The season is still live...

ARE THERE any other freakin' passengers in a 103 point loss that could/should have been dropped?

yet we drop Browne and Farmer (but farmer gets named as emerg)...so that's only 1 player dropped after a 103 pt loss...Browne the ruckman who was up against 2 quality ruckmen (Kreuzer & Warnock)...Browne shoulders the blame FFS.

This match we go in with 0 Rucks... Vickery was the quality CHF who has shown immense improvement in that position - learning how to play it...now is told..."Viks, go and play ruck...you'll be playing against 2 seasoned ruckmen in Hille and Ryder...ah well...see how ya go mate...and Posty...no one here knows what position to play you, so we will arse about and play you everywhere until we stuff up your career..."

For this game, I would have liked Morts, Tuck, Nason, Goo, Gus and webberley to have been considered...

Then there is our much maligned workhorse Shane Tuck...Why give Tuck 2 year contract and despite being in the best for most Coburg games and not pick him? What sort of player management is that..if we don't want him then friggin should have delisted him last year and picked a young player. I like Tucky - has always given his best for us despite being limited in the skills dept. Hope he goes to GWS and plays 2-3 good seasons (reminds me a bit like Jay Schultz scenario)

As I said, the match committee has officially lost the plot...or we are now tanking

Ty Vickery will be Richmond’s No. 1 ruckman in Saturday night’s Round 16 clash with Essendon at the MCG in the absence of Andrew Browne, who has been sidelined with a hip injury.

Assistant coach Brendon Lade told Matthew Richardson in this week’s Roar Vision preview show that Vickery would do the bulk of the ruckwork, with support from Ben Griffiths, who has recovered from the rib injury that forced him from the field early in last week’s match against Carlton, and Jayden Post.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/118043/default.aspx

Oh my god.

I wonder how Vicks is going to go vs Hille and Ryder. Griff is the backup with sore ribs.

That just about sums it up I reckon.

Tuck and Nason miss out again. I give up. :mad:

lol only reason people are annoyed with this team is because they must think we are a chance for finals. Reality is we are no where near it.

Shane Tuck is 29. He will not be around for our next finals series let alone our next premiership, so what is the benefit in playing him? Every time he has come in this year i have been left shaking my head at his decision making and kicking, it is pathetic. He may be able to get the ball, but he has become a liability with ball in hand and obviously dimma knows this therefore his papers are stamped so even if he took mark of the millenium and kicked 10 goals with 57 touches at coburg, chances are he won't come in. That's the reality.

Hislop and Thursfield among others are getting an extended run at it to see if they are up to it, just as gus had his go at the start of the year. Gus failed and is most likely out the door, and i see these 2 heading that way but i see no problem with dimma giving them a fair run at it, what do we have to lose? We aren't going anywhere this year and if they remarkably turn it around somehow then we have a player. And before you say what's the difference between these guys and tuck, well they are minimum 5 years younger and therefore may still have improvement left in them, tuck is washed up and will not improve on his output.

Stop getting fired up about the team, it's about 2012 and beyond.

lol only reason people are annoyed with this team is because they must think we are a chance for finals. Reality is we are no where near it.

Shane Tuck is 29. He will not be around for our next finals series let alone our next premiership, so what is the benefit in playing him? Every time he has come in this year i have been left shaking my head at his decision making and kicking, it is pathetic. He may be able to get the ball, but he has become a liability with ball in hand and obviously dimma knows this therefore his papers are stamped so even if he took mark of the millenium and kicked 10 goals with 57 touches at coburg, chances are he won't come in. That's the reality.

Hislop and Thursfield among others are getting an extended run at it to see if they are up to it, just as gus had his go at the start of the year. Gus failed and is most likely out the door, and i see these 2 heading that way but i see no problem with dimma giving them a fair run at it, what do we have to lose? We aren't going anywhere this year and if they remarkably turn it around somehow then we have a player. And before you say what's the difference between these guys and tuck, well they are minimum 5 years younger and therefore may still have improvement left in them, tuck is washed up and will not improve on his output.

We should drop Newman as he is also 29....

...more like beyond....

anyway...how long can you push shit uphill with Thusty and slops no matter how freakin' old they are?

Thursty is hard done by in here. Been a pretty good defender for us and has played 1st or 2nd tall all this time. Been injured for weeks and came back and looked very underdone last week and played probably his worst ever game. He's a mile better than that. As a 3rd tall he still has a bit to prove

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...more like beyond....

anyway...how long can you push shit uphill with Thusty and slops no matter how freakin' old they are?

Well how long did Gus get? 6-7 weeks?

I wouldn't be suprised if dimma went up to them before they both played their first game of the year and gave them some security saying you've got 6 weeks in the seniors, show me what you can do.

Chances are they will fail, therefore we will then know they are not up to it.

What are we thinking, here we are sitting top 2 and have just lost our first game for the year and yet we're picking all these spuds this week........wait, whats that, we're currently sitting 13th, have just come off a 103 point belting and have at least a 12-15 spots in our best 22 up for grabs before we can even think about playing finals.

Could have fooled me with the way everyone is carrying on tonight.

Well how long did Gus get? 6-7 weeks?

I wouldn't be suprised if dimma went up to them before they both played their first game of the year and gave them some security saying you've got 6 weeks in the seniors, show me what you can do.

Chances are they will fail, therefore we will then know they are not up to it.

Gus was still able to compete and thats all we really need at this point. We can still make a long term decision on him even if we have to play him in he seniors.

Gus was still able to compete and thats all we really need at this point. We can still make a long term decision on him even if we have to play him in he seniors.

I see what you're saying, however they obviously must feel that there is more to gain playing vickery in the ruck who will end up our long term ruckman/forward than playing someone who will give his all and compete but will 95% not be there next year.

tucky is/was more consistent then newman imo
Tuck's best is only just better than average. Newman's best is sesnsational.
Agree with Rado and what he is saying.
People need to chill. Not good for your health.

I don't understand, our upcoming fixture is quite easy and if we win the games that we should, we will be in the 8. I would be very disappointed if we were tanking.

Essendon = Win -
Gold Coast = Win
Geelong = Loss
BYE
WCE = Possible Win
Sydney (MCG) = Win
Melbourne = Win
Adelaide = Win
North Melbourne = Win

All those games - aside from the Geelong game are all games that we should be winning. If we win 8/9 games, we will surely be in the eight... can't Dimma see that. It should certainly provide some excitement around the club when they see this fixture.

Lets be serious about life...

Essendon = 50/50
Gold Coast = 70/30
Geelong = Loss
BYE
WCE = Loss
Sydney (MCG) = 50/50
Melbourne = 40/60 - Unfortunately we don't match up against there current game plan, haven't for years.
Adelaide = 50/50
North Melbourne = 40/60 - They are a 5 goal better side since the last time we played them.

Thursty is hard done by in here. Been a pretty good defender for us and has played 1st or 2nd tall all this time. Been injured for weeks and came back and looked very underdone last week and played probably his worst ever game. He's a mile better than that. As a 3rd tall he still has a bit to prove

He is a old fashioned defender, offers nothing the offer way.
Unless you have a gun backline where every other defender can counter attack (example:Collingwood/Prestigiacomo) then there is no place in the team for players that cant get more then 15 touches on a regular basis.

Lets be serious about life...

Essendon = 50/50
Gold Coast = 70/30
Geelong = Loss
BYE
WCE = Loss
Sydney (MCG) = 50/50
Melbourne = 40/60 - Unfortunately we don't match up against there current game plan, haven't for years.
Adelaide = 50/50
North Melbourne = 40/60 - They are a 5 goal better side since the last time we played them.
Well said kaino.
Very realistic assessment.

I see what you're saying, however they obviously must feel that there is more to gain playing vickery in the ruck who will end up our long term ruckman/forward than playing someone who will give his all and compete but will 95% not be there next year.

So lets get this straight..... We play Miller all year until Griffith can play so we can develop "structure". This helps Vickory and we have more avenues to goal then just bombing it to Jack. Vickory improves out of site and gives us a sold forward option. All going well.

So now that we have dropped Miller, we are going to push Vickory into the ruck leaving an injury prone, unproved Forward in Griffith going Tandem with Jack???? so developing our Forward lines structure has suddenly gone out the window.

Or we Play Post against Hille and Ryder... get smashed in the middle "again" put the defence under huge pressure "again" and watch the cracks open up "again".

This developing is doing everyone a world of good.

Why not stop the rot..... Put Gus in the middle. Rest Griffith and get him Right. Put Miller up Forward and continue Vickory's development as a Forward.
Let Conca have a solid run for Coburg... Put Tuck in the middle and give gus someone who will actually get his hands on it!!!!

edit... stupid Idea.... lets get flogged for a few more weeks.... hopefully let the crows jump us.... then finish the season off with a few wins to get the supporters hopes up for next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Essendon vs Richmond - Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back