Established players nominating for national draft and PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Addam Maric?

My opinion (and that of others) was that he never got enough of a go (eg 4-5 games in a row at least) to show his wares. Surely will get a go somewhere else.

This draft might be different, but typically not there's not too many recycled players picked in the draft. If you are going down that path, surely you're better off going Fev or Lovett - even if they are nutcases.

If anyone needs an experienced, hard nut to play in your forward line, you could do a lot worse than Paul Bevan. Kicked 3 in the final against Carlton last year and then dropped for the following game, which was pretty harsh, then struggled to break into it this year.

Lol are you guys for real? Pratt sucks!

Please be quiet, the adults are talking.

Pratt was one of our best in 2007 and made the AA squad if I recall, I think he still has something to offer either as an experienced enforcer for a younger team or as a more than capable lock down player for a more developed squad.

North have clearly decided to go down the youth road and with Mullet, Richardson and Macmillan showing significant signs of ability in his position I think the decision was made purely from a list perspective. On talent alone he deserves to be on a AFL list but it just wasn't sound to keep him at North when we're still in a development phase.

Another reason I hope he get's picked up is that he is a quality club man that knows the value of hard work.

Carlton, Collingwood and St.Kilda have all to make room in their salary caps. May prove interesting for the other clubs.
Might want to put that comment back up your clacker where you pulled it from. We are not under cap pressure at all, hence why we were inquiring about Gram and Goddard.

Wilson would be a great option for the Bulldogs, Carlton, Fremantle even StKilda.

He does have a bit of talent and would go ok at AFL level if he could string a few games together. Really hope someone picks him up.

That's why I put 'if I recall' I wasn't sure but I gladly own up to being incorrect.

As for being condescending, I think saying that a respected veteran, of the team you supposedly support, "sucks" after he has lost his job is incredibly stupid, arrogant and it deserves to be pointed out. I'm happy for you to disagree with me re his playing ability but he has earned a level of respect.

I think he still has a lot to offer as a lock down back pocket.

I don't get it. Since when are my team's players suddenly immune from criticism?
Admittedly "sucks" was probably a bit of a juvenile word to use. It more was to express my surprise at other teams' supporters who rated him, because I thought no one rated him.

Motlop? (daniel)

Davenport?

there the two from port that come to mind, dont think there would be any takers though, maybe Motlop as a PSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's why I put 'if I recall' I wasn't sure but I gladly own up to being incorrect.

As for being condescending, I think saying that a respected veteran, of the team you supposedly support, "sucks" after he has lost his job is incredibly stupid, arrogant and it deserves to be pointed out. I'm happy for you to disagree with me re his playing ability but he has earned a level of respect.

I think he still has a lot to offer as a lock down back pocket.

Lemma is right, Pratt is woeful.

Lemma is right, Pratt is woeful.

Doesn't deserve any respect, either. I'm sure the first thing he'll do in retirement is self-publish his memoirs featuring his resentful recountings of all the mean things people did to him on the field while the umpire wasn't looking. Lucky he's got those years full of detailed notes to help the ghostwriter.

From us....depends on de-listings. I imagine Cook, Symes are gone.

You must be disappointed.

Would like Port to get Macaffer, and would have no qualms about getting McCarthy or Ladson either.

Would like 3 juniors in the National Draft.

Then in the Pre-Season Draft I would prefer Gavin Urquhart

Imagine all our delisties from our senior list will nominate for base wage:
James Sellar
Will Young
James Craig
Myke Cook

I'm hoping we rookie Young.

Will Young deserves another go, he has had terrible luck

Taite Silverlock (SA lad rookied at essendon)

He's a lad that should attract a bit of interest for a Rookie spot.

Would be happy to take Urquhart, especially seeing as North would take up most of his contract which would be handy. No idea what happened to him in the last two years, but before that he looked very promising. He's still young, his hard running and long kick would come in handy, and if he could get a gig in our 22 it'd free up Pittard to move upfield.

One of Sellar
I can see the Andrew Capel article in my mind already. "James Sellar was controversially delisted ahead of Travis Boak. Will this come back to haunt?" :D

As for Port's delistings Motlop joins the band of talented, but troubled players who may look for another chance. At a side with good talls (so unlike too many times at Port he wouldn't be a focal point in attack) he could be the icing on the cake. There aren't too many small forwards out there better. Unfortunately bridges were burnt off-field at Port, but I'd like to see him get another go and think he'd be best matched with a top 8 side whose (small) forward line talent isn't one of their strong points.

Followed quickly by the Jon Ralph article: "John Sellars, former #1 pick overall was delisted after his best season yet. At just 19 years of age, will this young Viictorian go home? The Crows have surely done this to initiate their anti-Victoria player policy"

Followed quickly by the Jon Ralph article: "John Sellars, former #1 pick overall was delisted after his best season yet. At just 19 years of age, will this young Viictorian go home? Insiders who wish to remain anonymous say he was delisted after requesting trade back to Victoria. The Crows have surely done this to initiate their anti-Victoria player policy"
6 EFA's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Established players nominating for national draft and PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back