Established players nominating for national draft and PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Either/or/both.

He can nominate for the ND. If not selected he would automatically be nominated for the PSD as a result.

Alternatively, he can just nominate for the PSD.
We can probably safely discount the ND possibility. For him to nominate for that draft, Collingwood would need to delist him and I doubt they will do that in time. They will hang on to him for as long as they can in the hope of bringing him back.

We can probably safely discount the ND possibility. For him to nominate for that draft, Collingwood would need to delist him and I doubt they will do that in time. They will hang on to him for as long as they can in the hope of bringing him back.

Leon's manager has confirmed that Davis will never play for the Pies again.
No chance of reconciliation

Is James Allan nominating?

Does he count as established? His workrate is outstanding, always wondered how we would go at AFL level

see here

Zac Dawson rejects St Kilda's offer, could join Fremantle

see here

If he leaves the Saints it's hard to believe he could end up at Freo considering their draft picks.

Would they want to use pick 16 or 20 on him? (They have those picks don't they?)

see here

Zac Dawson rejects St Kilda's offer, could join Fremantle

see here

If he leaves the Saints it's hard to believe he could end up at Freo considering their draft picks.

Would they want to use pick 16 or 20 on him? (They have those picks don't they?)

No need to. He'll go through the PSD.

If he goes in the PSD, don't you reckon Gold Coast, Melbourne or Richmond would pick him up before the Dockers get a chance?

Salary cap permitting of course.

Would be happy to take Urquhart, especially seeing as North would take up most of his contract which would be handy. No idea what happened to him in the last two years, but before that he looked very promising. He's still young, his hard running and long kick would come in handy, and if he could get a gig in our 22 it'd free up Pittard to move upfield.

Urqs has difficulty finding his own footy and has been very inconsistent with injuries playing their part. His kicking can be hit and miss but when on is a real weapon. His biggest issue though, and the one that really holds him back, is his almost complete lack of endurance. Not sure if this is a physiological thing or an effort thing, but when Jack Ziebell was lapping him at training early last year after two broken legs in two years alarm bells were going off on my head.

If he goes in the PSD, don't you reckon Gold Coast, Melbourne or Richmond would pick him up before the Dockers get a chance?

Salary cap permitting of course.

Who are you talking about? If its Dawson GC just got Warnock so they wouldnt want another mature tall defender, Melbourne has Frawley and just got rid of Warnock so they clearly have the depth not to need him either, Richmond could be a possibility esp with the retirement of Thursfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on his requested salary, Brisbane might be interested too. We've gotten exposed a couple of times due to lack of KPD depth (only really have Merrett, Patfull, Maguire and McKeever at the moment).

Dawson is a step up on Warnock, I can see the Suns being interested, he is probably a luxury for the Dees, but the Tigers would be very interested.

Depending on his requested salary, Brisbane might be interested too. We've gotten exposed a couple of times due to lack of KPD depth (only really have Merrett, Patfull, Maguire and McKeever at the moment).

Don't think depth is a problem, it's quality, once you lose Patfull and Merrett the other guys aren't that good, Dawson doesn't really fix tht problem

Dawson is a step up on Warnock, I can see the Suns being interested, he is probably a luxury for the Dees, but the Tigers would be very interested.

I would have to disagree, Dawson isn't bad, but his strength was in playing in an insanely structured defence, 95% of the time in a one on one he got slaughtered, that problem would only be exposed alot more at GC, Warnock has the size and strength to be a better one on one defender than Dawson IMO.

I would have to disagree, Dawson isn't bad, but his strength was in playing in an insanely structured defence, 95% of the time in a one on one he got slaughtered, that problem would only be exposed alot more at GC, Warnock has the size and strength to be a better one on one defender than Dawson IMO.

As a pure stopper yep, Warnock is better, but in today's game there are very few occasions when a coach will go for a pure stopper instead of a defender who can provide some run from defense. Dawson can do that, Warnock cannot.

Don't think depth is a problem, it's quality, once you lose Patfull and Merrett the other guys aren't that good, Dawson doesn't really fix tht problem.

I'd still class that as depth problems. :) That was what I meant, Maguire is short term injury cover at best after seeing him play this year and McKeever is probably still about two years away from being a real KPD. Dawson would be an upgrade over Maguire, but as you say, he can get exposed one on one and that's how the Lions tend to back their defenders to play.

There's a few whispers suggesting the Tigers are going to try and draft Setanta o'Hailpin.

They reckon he can act as a good backup for the new ruckman Maric and rotate up forward to help out JR

lol no hes not id take warnock anyday. however to even say we might draftdawson is sheer lunacy. we have a set backline already with frawley, garland and rivers and tom mcdonald and troy davis waiting in the wings.

What part of "he is probably a luxury for the Dees" did you not understand?

I reckon Dawson is better than Warnock, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Established players nominating for national draft and PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back