Every club can play finals in 2010 - if they field this "best 22" each week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, not every club can play finals in 2010, irrespective of their "best 22" each week available for selection.

This is thread is merely to keep the optimisim of supporters up. The reality is, Melbourne, Richmond and North Melbourne are just simply not good enough to overtake any of the sides that made the finals in 2009.

The only sides with a chance of making the finals in 2010 that missed out in 2009 are Hawthorn, Sydney and Port Adelaide (if they can sort themselves out).

It would be remiss of me not to explain why I left McLean out of the 22.

I just don't think he's good enough to make Carlton's best 22. He has come off a horror 2009, where every second disposal of his was of the clanger variety. He's also getting slower while the game is speeding up. His 2008 was servicable before getting injured. 2007 was nothing special either.

So how do you expect a player that has been very average for a bottom team (where he should've been winning B & F 's and been his club's standout), to all of a sudden become an integral member of a higher quality team.

I expect him to play 10-14 games, hence first emergency.

I'm not bitter at all, and we were more than compensated in the exchange :thumbsu: :)

How many games did you watch in 2008????
He alomsot won the B&F off 13 games.
2008 He was in tip top form, the team was just crap. In 2009 he tailed off a little bit.

I just don't think he's good enough to make Carlton's best 22. He has come off a horror 2009, where every second disposal of his was of the clanger variety. He's also getting slower while the game is speeding up. His 2008 was servicable before getting injured. 2007 was nothing special either.

So how do you expect a player that has been very average for a bottom team (where he should've been winning B & F 's and been his club's standout), to all of a sudden become an integral member of a higher quality team.

I'm not bitter at all, and we were more than compensated in the exchange :thumbsu: :)

You don't trade pick 11 for backup. He will be one of Carltons better players next year.

FREMANTLE:

B Grover Tarrant Suban
HB Hayden Johnson Mundy
C Hill Duffield Schammer
HF Soloman Pavlich Headland
F Ballantyne McPharlin McPhee
FOLL Sandilands Ibbotson Haselby
INT deBoer Hayden Broughton Bradley
E Hinkley Pearce Morabito

That's an ok looking team but I would have:

B: Grover Tarrant Hayden
HB: Broughton McPharlin Duffield
C: Hill Mundy Ibbotson
HF: Headland Pavlich McPhee
F: Ballantyne Johnson de Boer
R: Sandilands Hasleby Crowley
I: Morabito Suban Schammer Bradley

E: Solomon Pearce Hinkley

What about Rhys Palmer? NAB Rising Star im sure he is in your 22.

Cant believe both teams didnt include him :eek:

Can't believe nobody had Palmer in Freo's best 22, now that is weird considering his EASILY in their best 4-5 players.

Instead of having Hayden twice add Palmer.

Also lacking in Chris Mayne...

I'm sorry B.B.P. but looking at your FF line you'll struggle to win 11-12 games, how many senior games have they played between them??

Also a few people are saying "Way Off" and "No Way" and then simply moving a couple of players from a pocket to flank, wing to follower and someone off the bench plus maybe one over-sight player.

Give him some slack, bloody good effort i say:thumbsu:

Sorry, not every club can play finals in 2010, irrespective of their "best 22" each week available for selection.

This is thread is merely to keep the optimisim of supporters up. The reality is, Melbourne, Richmond and North Melbourne are just simply not good enough to overtake any of the sides that made the finals in 2009.

The only sides with a chance of making the finals in 2010 that missed out in 2009 are Hawthorn, Sydney and Port Adelaide (if they can sort themselves out).

Yeah and according to everyone on this board this time last year there was NO WAY Hawthorn could of missed the finals. In fact, according to about 80% of people it was almost guaranteed to be a Hawks v Geelong GF this year. Anything can happen next year

North Melbourne:

B Harding Thompson Urquhart
HB Firrito Hansen McMahon
C Anthony Greenwood Ziebell
HF Campbell Edwards Jones
F Thomas Petrie Hale
FOLL McIntosh Rawlings Harvey
INT Goldstein Pratt Grima Wells
E Ross Warren Cunnington

Not too bad. Though as someone else pointed out, you don't have our B&F winner in our best 25. I'd have:

B Rawlings Thompson Grima
HB Firrito Hansen McMahon
C Anthony Ziebell Wells
HF Campbell Hale Warren
F Thomas Petrie Edwards
FOLL McIntosh Swallow Harvey
INT Cunnington Urquhart Greenwood Harding
E Goldstein Adams Smith Pratt

A lot of North people will probably throw a spanner at me for not having Goldy in the 22 but if Hale is playing then there is no real need for him. If Hale fails as a forward (like he did this year) then Goldy will come in

And yes, this team CAN make the finals next year

That Richmond forward line is too impotent to make finals, injuries or not. Every club bar Richmond and probably Melbourne is good enough to make finals, if they have their full lists. The Saints weren't good enough to beat Geelong, despite having a near perfect season injury wise. Will the addition of Lovett be enough?

RICHMOND:

B Moore Thursfield Rance
HB Newman McGuane McMahon
C Delidio Foley White
HF Cotchin Riewoldt Nahas
F Morton Simmonds Vickery
FOLL Graham Jackson Cousins
INT Polo Hislop Collins Edwards
E King Post Martin

I'll make 4 or 5 changes.
Out: Moore, Mcmahon, Simmonds, Hislop, Polo
In: Tambling, Martin, Post, Farmer, King

Re-arranging the team:

FB: Edwards Thursfield Newman
HB: Farmer Mcguane Rance
C: Collins Cotchin White
HF: Cousins Post King
FF: Nahas Reiwoldt Morton
FOLL: Graham Deledio Foley
INT: Tambling Martin Jackson Vickery
EMER: Polo Gourdis Browne Thomson

The interchange will be our 2nd midfield used for rotations :cool:
Thursfield, Reiwoldt, Vickery, Polo and Mcguane should come back 5kg bigger hopefully by Round 1. With that in mind, our spine will look very promising. Our midfield looks very promising with the addition of Martin and the return of Cotchin, Foley and Collins. Cotchin played less than half of last season and was very unfit for most of those games anyway. Foley and Collins missed the 2nd half of the season too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Richmond forward line is too impotent to make finals, injuries or not. Every club bar Richmond and probably Melbourne is good enough to make finals, if they have their full lists. The Saints weren't good enough to beat Geelong, despite having a near perfect season injury wise. Will the addition of Lovett be enough?

This is our real forward line:
HF: Cousins Post King
FF: Nahas Reiwoldt Morton

The same forward line which ran the Bombers around recently :cool:

West Coast:

B Mackenzie Glass B Jones
HB Hurn Brown S Selwood
C Embley Priddis A Selwood
HF Masten Kennedy Ebert
F Le Cras Lynch McKinley
FOLL Cox Rosa Kerr
INT Butler Spangher Naitanui Swift
E Sheppard Hansen Dalziell

Great effort there BBP. :thumbsu:

My best 22, but f**k it's hard to do.

B: Butler, Glass, McKenzie
HB: Hurn, Brown, S. Selwood
C: Embley, A. Selwood, Ebert
HF: Swift, Kennedy, Rosa
FF: LeCras, Lynch, McKinley
RR: Cox, Priddis, Kerr

INT: Naitanui, Masten, Schofield, Waters

EMG: Spangher, Wilson, Shuey

Bombers best 22:

B: Slattery - Pears - McVeigh
HB: Dempsey - Hooker - Fletcher
C: Winderlich - Watson - Stanton
HF: Monfries - Hurley - Reimers
FF: Davey - Neagle - Williams
R: Ryder - Prismall - Welsh
INT: Hille - Hocking - NLM - Dyson

EMG: Laycock - Jetta - Gumbleton

In 2008, you yourself were talking up Mclean as one of your top 4 players and a future captain, but now he is a washed up hack becasue he is coming off an injury prone season and has moved onto another club ??? Yeah, your not bitter at all ...................... roflmfao

best 22 is a very subjective excercise. Everyone is going to be different depending on personal preferences. Sometimes, those who support the club are the worst to provide the 22 as they have favourites etc.

I don't believe every side can make the top 8 if they go injury free. But I do believe that it requires a fair bit of luck on the injury side to win the flag. Even though Geelong had injuries this year, they came during the season when a top 2 spot was already secured. Then they got the right players on the park in finals.

But I don't think Melbourne or Richmond's top 22 is capable of making finals because it is simply too young. But a full 22 could cause a few upsets...just wouldn't be consistent.

Well done to the OP. Obviously not 100% accurate....but then again there is no right answer and no one has a definitive top 22.

PORT ADELAIDE:

B Surjan Carlisle Pettigrew
HB C Cornes Chaplin Krakouer
C Pearce K Cornes Salopek
HF Gray J Westhoff Rodan
F Ebert Tredrea D Motlop
FOLL Brogan Boak Cassisi
INT Cloke Logan Thomas Hartlett
E Moore Salter Schulz

Not a bad effort! :thumbsu:

Pettigrew needs to shake his inconsistency and jitters, must earn his place from SANFL
IMHO C Cornes would be better suited at CHB, give him a specific job to do
Westhoff same Pettigrew, must get some form in SANFL

In 2010 look out for:

Brett Ebert to return to Magarey Medal winning form, in midfield
Salter and/or D Stewart up forward to cash in some potential
Trengrove to make his presence felt after a massive pre-season
Lobbe to stand out as 2nd ruck
Gray, Hartlett, Boak to continue to ascend
And i hope to god that we don't pick Cloke up!:eek:

PORT ADELAIDE:

B Surjan Carlisle Chaplin
HB Thomas Cornes Krakouer
C Pearce Cassisi Rodan
HF Gray Tredrea D Motlop
F Ebert Salter D Stewart
FOLL Brogan Boak Hartlett
INT Salopek Lobbe K Cornes Trengrove
E Moore Westhoff Schulz Pettigrew Logan

I laughed.

Seems McLean leaving, despite getting good recompense, has left some Melbourne fans feeling bitter.

I laughed too. I'm not unhappy that he left. He won't perform at a side he doesn't care for any more. I wish him luck, but will give a grin out of the side of my mouth if he breaks a leg. Not sure Carlton really needed him, but I'm happy with pick 11. Better than pick 12 for The Fev.

Sorry, Richmond and Melbourne's best simply do not "cut the muster" against the rest. They might be competetive for a bit, but...
do you mean 'cut the mustard'?:eek:

And how does our list not cut this 'muster', while North's and Freo's do? Not dissing their lists but we're all pretty equal with Richmond below

CARLTON

B Bower Thornton Armfield
HB Houlihan Jamison Russell
C Joseph Murphy Simpson
HF Robinson Waite Yarran
F Betts O'Hailpin Garlett
FOLL Kreuzer Gibbs Judd
INT Henderson Scotland Carazzo Hampson
E McLean Grigg Wiggins

Not even close to Carltons best 22

more like

B Jospeh Jamison Thornton
HB Bower Waite Russell
C Simpson McLean Murphy
HF Houlihan Kruezer Yarran
F Betts Henderson Lucas
Foll Warnock Judd Gibbs
Int Grigg Hampson Carazzo Armfield
E Wiggins Garlett Scotland

Getting closer, I think we need to get a few bigger bodies in the team:

B Thornton Jamison Joseph
HB Scotland Bower Carazzo
C Murphy McLean Simpson
HF Russell Waite Walker
F Betts Kreuzer O'hAilpin
FOLL Warnock Gibbs Judd
INT Hampson Garlett Grigg Johnson
E Henderson Houlihan Robinson

plus Rhys Palmer was a massive omission from the Freo side and if you are going to include Trengrove in the Demons side, where was Scully?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every club can play finals in 2010 - if they field this "best 22" each week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back