Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

We desperately need to draft our next Cotchin in this year’s draft.
A Dusty would be nice, but he is one of a kind.
Finn O'Sullivan. I can picture him holding up the cup with whoever our next coach is.

Maybe we can get Lalor with a traded in pick and get a Dusty Petracca.

I disagree.

But I wanted Davidson and we had an extra selection. He should be on our list I agree.
Gray hasn’t played. We Meehaned him.

Finn O'Sullivan. I can picture him holding up the cup with whoever our next coach is.

A wise man said you don’t draft the best player now, just the best player in years to come.
FOS is it.

I thought it was bizarre you said we nailed the mid season draft when we clearly haven’t.
But this is why I love this forum. And I feel I can be a little more nitpicky with you because we know each other.
Not sure who I feel more sorry for...

secret smell GIF

How can you say he nailed it by picking gray? That’s bizarre in itself.
He passed on Davidson who is the only vfl player to have been invited to the combine.
He should have picked up davidson, or at least used a third pick pick to get him.
Some other club will get him and he would be a very very handy swing man for us.
Davidson is overrated and vanilla type shit that goes to Essendon mate. Gray has way more upside as a Ruck / Forward.

Davidson is overrated and vanilla type shit that goes to Essendon mate. Gray has way more upside as a Ruck / Forward.
At least you provided a reason for your downvotes which I appreciate.

A wise man said you don’t draft the best player now, just the best player in years to come.
FOS is it.
Agreed. He has a pretty good floor anyway like Jagga regardless.

I was saying to Tigerbob earlier we've been shafted this year with the no standout #1 because the standout is injured and it's risky to take the punt on the guy that doesn't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One person alone isn’t going to fix everything.
Just like not one person fixed everything in 2017.
From Benny, Peggy, dimma, balmey and our shrewd drafting, particularly in the rookie draft during a compromised era with expansion teams, we achieved success with multiple wonderful contributions.
This is the only way we can claw back.
Needs to be a concerted effort of appointing the right people.
Can we do it?
I don’t know.
Takes a village that’s for sure ,but getting the right talent in very much lays the foundation to build on , you’ll never know if you have the other parts right if the talent ain’t there

has there ever been a good player with the name finn in cfl history ?

im a big believer in name karma

Our drafting prospects improved the minute Clarke walked out of PRO. He is the reason why the majority of our kids are not AFL standard as most were skinny HBF or Slow, meek and mild plodders.
Hbf was the currency demanded by the incumbent coach at the time, I recall lots of groans around here when we drafted yet another hbf, but the disciples could see the flaw

People underestimate Clarke a fair bit. Was very good at finding gems later in the draft.

However, Toce has a good record from a very limited sample size. Will get an easier ride thasn Clarke with so many early picks to come over te next three years.
Name the gems

I was saying to Tigerbob earlier we've been shafted this year with the no standout #1 because the standout is injured and it's risky to take the punt on the guy that doesn't play.
The mistake was talking to Tigerbob 🤣

Finn is the standout on last years form no doubt. He is also at his best, the most complete kid in the draft. He’s got all the intangibles that you need to build around.

Gray hasn’t played. We Meehaned him.

Kid has so much upside as he’s never been part of a professional set up. No elite pathway either. He’s shown to me with his upside there’s something to work with. Yes we need a new fitness team.

FOS is it.

Agreed but at Pick one I’m not sure how you draft him on this years form.

Not sure who I feel more sorry for...

secret smell GIF

Tugga. No doubt.

None are in this draft I’m sorry to say

There’s so many in this draft that could develop into A+ elites.

FOS is the most complete. Smilie at his best you can project to be the most dominant. Lalor has shown Dusty and Petracca moments. He could be anything.

All three had down years. All three have had injuries. It’s a damn shame. If all were at their best this draft would have the most top end talent.

Hopefully he's learnt to sterilise the equipment this time.
gonna use the same scalpel from under the possum stand at punt rd that they used on jack dyer in the 1940s. only got surface rust

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back