• Possibly 8th

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m hoping the second pre-season under the new Irish fitness coach will see the players’ bodies settle into it a bit more.

Do we assume the rigours of a new and more vigorous fitness regime contributed to some of the soft tissue injuries throughout the year?

Fingers crossed this preseason they’re more “conditioned” and ready to handle the rigours of the training the fitness coach has implemented. Will have a big say on how we fare next year id reckon. 5-8 wins would be a win. And no/minimal 100+ point losses.

I’m hoping the second pre-season under the new Irish fitness coach will see the players’ bodies settle into it a bit more.

Do we assume the rigours of a new and more vigorous fitness regime contributed to some of the soft tissue injuries throughout the year?

Fingers crossed this preseason they’re more “conditioned” and ready to handle the rigours of the training the fitness coach has implemented. Will have a big say on how we fare next year id reckon. 5-8 wins would be a win. And no/minimal 100+ point losses.
100% Agree.

I feel like it contributed to some of the injuries.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We also need to improve our WAFL side
Get Shuey and Hurn to play few games and try get the other delisted players
to stay with WCE
I believe Shuey said he would play a few games for the WAFL side but wont be a regular
Also ask Jack Redden if he wants to play wafl

If we can get these experienced senior players to help the ammo's
Less injuries and start winning each week and make wafl top 4 that would
be a huge boon to the development of the senior team

Our 2005 and 2006 teams where made of the back of East Perth grand finals teams the years
before where we developed so many players rookies included

How do u figure that one out ?? The only player who played in 2005 and 2006 who was in East Perth gf teams was Dean Cox….. and he was an Ep player anyway in 2000

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wins & Losses aren't even important for mine.

Just be ****ing competitive.

Everyone fully expects a young team to struggle, so fading late in games or being outclassed by tougher opponents is fine... but getting off the bus and failing to even remotely fire a shot (once again) is going to piss me right off. Too many years i've watched Simpsons senior players be either injured, or when they play they look like they don't care. Time to leave that in the rearview mirror and get some fight back. Players that are hungry again and yet to acheive anything.

Get some dog in ya, get in there and win the football. Make the opposition work for their win. That's all i'm after :handfist:

Expect nothing then you won’t be disappointed when we still finish bottom 2, won’t sack the coach and gaff still gets played in the centre square and McGovern misses 3/4 of the year and barass half of it and darling still plays like a cripple.

Wins & Losses aren't even important for mine.

Just be ******* competitive.

Everyone fully expects a young team to struggle, so fading late in games or being outclassed by tougher opponents is fine... but getting off the bus and failing to even remotely fire a shot (once again) is going to piss me right off. Too many years i've watched Simpsons senior players be either injured, or when they play they look like they don't care. Time to leave that in the rearview mirror and get some fight back. Players that are hungry again and yet to acheive anything.

Get some dog in ya, get in there and win the football. Make the opposition work for their win. That's all i'm after :handfist:
Yeah 100% I said 5-8 wins just as a gradual improvement but if we won 3 or 4 but had no losses over 10 goals it'd be an improvement of sorts.

I think the main one is reduce injuries so most of the same guys can learn and come through together.

Expect nothing then you won’t be disappointed when we still finish bottom 2, won’t sack the coach and gaff still gets played in the centre square and McGovern misses 3/4 of the year and barass half of it and darling still plays like a cripple.

Looks like our regular bundle of joy, Happy Go Lucky Goroyals is already looking forward to next year.

If we have very minimal injuries I think we are good enough to scare a lot of teams.

If we start having to dig into WAFL reserves we are what we are the last 2 years.

My expectations rely on injuries.

Yep, last year had some higher expectancy with the caveat regarding injuries, the season was pretty much over after the Freo game in terms of being competitive.

A positive is the fact that we got a lot of games into players drafted in the last 2 years and most looked pretty good at AFL Level

The elephant in the room is the woeful midfield and how the club addresses this in the off season.

Would be reasonably happy with 6 wins and a percentage in the 70's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to McRae talk on afl 360….

I think the games gone past Simpson to coach his way out of what we are at the moment.

Next year depends so much on the football department and if we have a good preseason where the majority of the squad is in one piece and ready to go.

Could get 5 or 6 wins if we can get these injuries under control.

Bottom four again

Anything more is a bonus.

Im never putting my hopes up on the team again. Last two years have been unbearable

We'd have to kill the trade and draft periods to even think getting out of it.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gold Coast won 9 games on 91.7% and finished 15th

I’d take that in a heartbeat

Clear improvement but still with a top 4 draft pick in a draft that is projecting to have up to half dozen reasonably even midfielders at the top end

Even Hawthorn who had 7 wins and 80.2% in 16th would be a step in the right direction

I just want us to be competitive in most games and avoid any more 100 point losses especially if it’s the 25 and unders driving the improvement

I’m bullish with where our forward line and back line sit relative to some of the better teams but unless our kids come on real quick we’re going to get belted in the middle next year. Kelly can’t do everything by himself.

Id be happy with 6 wins with a healthy list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expectations for Next Year - wins/losses

Back