F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

McLaren f*ed that up. How did they end up out of the points, oh that’s right it’s a s**t car.

I think there was the issue of track position and the DRS train, but the bigger issue I think was the tyres doing weird things last night, and that early safety car/run of pits. The mediums were lasting just as long as the hards, so if you started on the mediums and you didn't go with that early stop, you were saving a stop.

Mclaren buggered it with that call to pit early, but literally everyone else aside from Ferrari, Williams and Alfa made the same mistake.

I think there was the issue of track position and the DRS train, but the bigger issue I think was the tyres doing weird things last night, and that early safety car/run of pits. The mediums were lasting just as long as the hards, so if you started on the mediums and you didn't go with that early stop, you were saving a stop.

Mclaren buggered it with that call to pit early, but literally everyone else aside from Ferrari, Williams and Alfa made the same mistake.
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but it would have made a lot of sense to split the strategies. Oscar to stay out on mediums and keep track position as his pace was still strong, would have been able to hold his position easily on the restart against the cars on cold hards behind him, and wouldn’t have had to double stack meaning Lando never would have got his penalty, then he would have one stopped when the others stopped again.

He probably would have got caught eventually because the McLaren doesn’t have enough straight line speed to hold up the cars behind like the Williams, but would have possibly resulted in double points. The hards were shocking really

Two tenths is being beaten handily. I get where you're coming from, but the top drivers have always been right on the pace against their contemporaries from the get go.

I'm not saying that Piastri isn't/won't be great, but based on current form he hasn't lit the world on fire like generational talents (like many have claimed he would be).
1.013 is the gap between them after 8 rounds which is .125 and the guy hasnt ever finished more then 2 positions behind norris in any race while someone like max who you would call a generational talent was being beaten by a similar margin to danny ric in season 2.

Does anyone have any upcoming silly season predictions? Ricciardo to HAAS, Kmag out? Devries gone? Couple of others out of contract I think Sargeant and Tsunoda
Should be pretty tame this year. The best drivers coming out of contract will either be renewed (Hamilton) or don't have a decent seat to move to (Zhou, Tusnoda). Haas' best options are the drivers they have or Ricciardo, who may change his mind on a Haas seat given limited options elsewhere. If de Vries is out of contract, I'd expect his seat to be given to Lawson or Iwasa. Williams might make a play for Mick Schumacher given their relationship with Mercedes, Toto's praise of Mick and how George Russell turned out.

2024 will be nuts.

I honestly can't see De Vries in the Alpha seat next season unless he drastically improves. I think Yuki might get a shot at the 2nd RB seat if Checo continues his run of shit form. Helmut doesn't **** around with underperforming drivers. The only problem is I don't think Yuki has the temperament yet for a big boy seat.

I honestly can't see De Vries in the Alpha seat next season unless he drastically improves. I think Yuki might get a shot at the 2nd RB seat if Checo continues his run of s**t form. Helmut doesn't * around with underperforming drivers. The only problem is I don't think Yuki has the temperament yet for a big boy seat.
Yuki has been a lot better this year. A lot less errors, better results.

Yuki has been a lot better this year. A lot less errors, better results.

Yeah, but he still has a habit of losing it at his race engineer more often than he should. RB won't tolerate that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see that.

But yes, unlikely with the family connection.
If Lawrence wants this whole thing to be fair dinkum he has to punt Lance and get in Leclerc if he's available. It's a no brainer.

At what point for ultra-successful billionaires does money and success come above family?

If Lawrence wants this whole thing to be fair dinkum he has to punt Lance and get in Leclerc if he's available. It's a no brainer.

At what point for ultra-successful billionaires does money and success come above family?
Is that what he's striving for though? If he was fair dinkum, Lance would already be out of that seat.

I would love to see that.

But yes, unlikely with the family connection.
If it costs the team a position or two in the standings I can see something happening. The board I don't think would be happy losing millions in prize money

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

If it costs the team a position or two in the standings I can see something happening. The board I don't think would be happy losing millions in prize money

Mr Stroll can just make up the difference if he needed to keep them happy.

I don't know, I just don't see him going anywhere.

Mr Stroll can just make up the difference if he needed to keep them happy.

I don't know, I just don't see him going anywhere.
I never did before either. Just seems to be alot of chatter about it all of a sudden. I'm not saying it's a 100%. But I can see him saying maybe drive Aston's somewhere else son.

It is also a case of maybe the Aston is a one season wonder. Top drivers might be a bit hesitant to go there until they see multiple years of contending at the front of the grid.

This was announced back in May but the story is doing the rounds again, RIC is going to get a few days at the Silverstone tyre tests to drive the current RBR car

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back