F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless Sainz or anyone else can nudge ahead of Max at the start, the race is a foregone conclusion. I mean, to be fair, even if Max drops to last, he will still probably come through anyway!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be easier to follow, remains to be seen if it's a genuine passing opportunity.
Last couple of Spanish GPs there have been passes made into Turn 1 (nowhere else on the track though). Certainly not as bad as it was in the Turbo Hybrid era (Max won his debut race for RBR purely by having track position back then).

So if that exit improves things, then expect that to be where 99% of the overtakes happen, and there will be a few with quite a few cars out of place.

Two 3 place grid penalties for Gasly for impeding so he drops to P10 and Oscar moves up to P9. It is good for Oscar to have someone between him and Checo and George. With how quick the Alpine has been, hopefully Gasly can hold up the RB and Merc.

How did Oscar end up in 10th there? I thought he was looking good for a top 6.
for some reason, mclaren left it until a couple of mins before the end of qual 3 before they sent their drivers out. tough ask for someone as inexperienced as oscar. still, getting to qual 3 is a plus imho.

Max Versappten clobbers Monaco walls and makes errors in qualifying.

Fans - Ooohhhh, Max is a special talent. RB should build the team around him even though Ricciardo is beating him.

Sergio Perez clobbers Monaco walls and makes errors in qualifying.

Fans - FINISH HIM!
Its a fair point discintly remember the year danny ric won monaco max binned it in free practice trying to match him.

I would say though max had youth/inexperience as an excuse and some great performances to his name in between all the errors while sergio has already peaked as a driver, his performances in between are just okay and doesnt really have an outclause for making errors at this stage of his career

Its a fair point discintly remember the year danny ric won monaco max binned it in free practice trying to match him.

I would say though max had youth/inexperience as an excuse and some great performances to his name in between all the errors while sergio has already peaked as a driver, his performances in between are just okay and doesnt really have an outclause for making errors at this stage of his career
As someone who thought Perez was a soft****, I'm not sure about this. I think there's still a margin for improvement.

Driving for the top team with a teammate that's better than him. It exposes a weakness he had more than normal or didn't know he had because he's never been under that spotlight (Driving the car or working with the team). Any strength of his is diminished or completely nullified.

If he can work out what is wrong and learn from it, I think he could move to Ferrari or a Hamilton-less MB and possibly produce performances and consistency that'd shock even the most hardened F1 fans.

The consistently good performances we're used to seeing from Verstappen only occurred after Ricciardo left and was out of the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back