F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Alonso has re-signed with Aston Martin, with a multi-year deal:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ds-mercedes-talk-extends-aston-martin-deal-f1

That's one less contender for Hamilton's seat at Mercedes, and (potentially) Checo's seat at Red Bull.

Given that he's currently 42, he'll be at least 44 by the time his contract expires. He will be the first driver to drive in more than 400 Grands Prix. I'm wondering whether he may also become the oldest driver to ever compete in F1?

In answer to my own question... Alonso won't even make the top-10 oldest F1 drivers. The record is held by Louis Chiron, who was aged 55 years 292 days, when he drove the 1958 Monaco GP. 9 of the top-10 oldest drivers drove their last race in the 1950s, with the other (Kurt Kuhnke) finishing in 1963.

Alonso would need to continue for another decade, just to make the top-10!

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_driver_records

In answer to my own question... Alonso won't even make the top-10 oldest F1 drivers. The record is held by Louis Chiron, who was aged 55 years 292 days, when he drove the 1958 Monaco GP. 9 of the top-10 oldest drivers drove their last race in the 1950s, with the other (Kurt Kuhnke) finishing in 1963.

Alonso would need to continue for another decade, just to make the top-10!

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_driver_records
Wasn’t really a professional sport back in those days. And those stats reinforce it.

We knew it for a while but Aus is officially the opening round. 300% ticket price spike incoming
Shanghai in March will be pretty cold.

Love how they say they want to be planet friendly etc and try and host the races in clusters but then randomly throw Miami inbetween Saudi and Imola. Surely they could tie it in with Canada.

We knew it for a while but Aus is officially the opening round. 300% ticket price spike incoming
Shanghai in March will be pretty cold.

That calendar would be as close to perfect as you could practically expect for mine, if they removed Miami and added Istanbul Park on that date. Was a great circuit that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how they say they want to be planet friendly etc and try and host the races in clusters but then randomly throw Miami inbetween Saudi and Imola. Surely they could tie it in with Canada.
Weather?

Eh, maybe it's a bit more of a chance to rain but even May is getting into "wet" season. I know Canada refuses to move from their slot. Just remove Canada then, then they'll realise they should just go more with the flow.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've read or heard somewhere that F1's contract for the Miami GP stipulates it's within the first 6-7 rounds.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've read or heard somewhere that F1's contract for the Miami GP stipulates it's within the first 6-7 rounds.
And reported that the Australian contract states we must be the opening round four times between 2025 and 2037.
So don’t expect it to be ongoing.

I’ve been asking for years.
Bring back refuelling. And structure it like Supercars where you need to make a couple of trips to the pits.
More chances of tactics that can swap around positions.
And all this “safety” carry on about refuelling is simple bull. Considering this…

View attachment 1954069
Been on the same wagon for ages.
No brainer.
Also get rid of the DRS and replace with similar too Indycar the push boast.

The next 2 races in China and Miami are sprints. Be aware of sprint quali on Friday.
excited ralph wiggum GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back