F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So does Ric take a seat at a lower team like Kick Sauber and Haas to stay in F1, or does he jump into V8 Supercars or some other form of Motorsport?

Really unfortunate and disappointed to see his career end like this. He was much more likely to win an F1 championship than Webber. But timing is everything.

So does Ric take a seat at a lower team like Kick Sauber and Haas to stay in F1, or does he jump into V8 Supercars or some other form of Motorsport?

Really unfortunate and disappointed to see his career end like this. He was much more likely to win an F1 championship than Webber. But timing is everything.
NASCAR is probably the best bet. Can't see him being offered a seat at another F1 team.

I'm pretty sure that RIC is still technically contracted to RBR for 2025 and has just been on loan to VCARB on a one year deal for 2024, so unless VCARB want to run Yuki and Lawson for 2025, I think RIC hangs around the RBR junior team for another year (something he said a month ago he was happy to do).

Honestly still his best chance of somehow getting a "top" drive for 2026. And if that fails, NASCAR/Indycar will still always be there for him in 2026 and beyond.

I'm pretty sure that RIC is still technically contracted to RBR for 2025 and has just been on loan to VCARB on a one year deal for 2024, so unless VCARB want to run Yuki and Lawson for 2025, I think RIC hangs around the RBR junior team for another year (something he said a month ago he was happy to do)

He's definitely an RBR driver, on loan to VCARB. However, I don't believe he's contracted for 2025.

Right now, VCARB has 3 drivers, and 2 positions - Yuki, Daniel, and Lawson. 3 into 2 doesn't go, and it's almost certain that Lawson will be driving for VCARB in 2025.

The only way Daniel survives is if Yuki departs. This is a distinct possibility. Yuki's ambitions of a promotion to RBR have been shattered, and there's now a reasonable chance that he will seek new opportunities elsewhere. He's tied to Honda, who will be supplying Aston Martin from 2026. I could easily see him moving there in 2026, but with Alonso already contracted for 2025, and Lance Stroll being the team owner's son, there's SFA chance of him getting a gig there next year. The question is whether or not he moves to another team, not tied to Honda, noting that a seat at Alpine has just opened up!

He's definitely an RBR driver, on loan to VCARB. However, I don't believe he's contracted for 2025.

Right now, VCARB has 3 drivers, and 2 positions - Yuki, Daniel, and Lawson. 3 into 2 doesn't go, and it's almost certain that Lawson will be driving for VCARB in 2025.

The only way Daniel survives is if Yuki departs. This is a distinct possibility. Yuki's ambitions of a promotion to RBR have been shattered, and there's now a reasonable chance that he will seek new opportunities elsewhere. He's tied to Honda, who will be supplying Aston Martin from 2026. I could easily see him moving there in 2026, but with Alonso already contracted for 2025, and Lance Stroll being the team owner's son, there's SFA chance of him getting a gig there next year. The question is whether or not he moves to another team, not tied to Honda, noting that a seat at Alpine has just opened up!
I thought Yuki was basically guaranteed his spot due to sponsors etc?

I thought Yuki was basically guaranteed his spot due to sponsors etc?
I said that he may wish to seek opportunities elsewhere, given that his ambition of getting an RBR drive has now been thwarted. I didn't suggest that VCARB would push him out.

Right now, VCARB's preference for 2025 would almost certainly be Yuki & Lawson. However, if Yuki decides to go elsewhere, then they would not be unhappy with ADR & Lawson.

Yuki is strongly tied to Honda, which is why I suggested that he may go to Aston Martin (Honda will be supplying AM from 2026). However, the AM line-up appears unlikely to change in 2025. The question is whether Yuki would be happy driving for a non-Honda team, and whether any non-Honda teams would be interested in signing him?

If Yuki opts to leave (he won't be pushed), then ADR gets a lifeline. If Yuki stays, then it's Sayonara Daniel.

I said that he may wish to seek opportunities elsewhere, given that his ambition of getting an RBR drive has now been thwarted. I didn't suggest that VCARB would push him out.

Right now, VCARB's preference for 2025 would almost certainly be Yuki & Lawson. However, if Yuki decides to go elsewhere, then they would not be unhappy with ADR & Lawson.

Yuki is strongly tied to Honda, which is why I suggested that he may go to Aston Martin (Honda will be supplying AM from 2026). However, the AM line-up appears unlikely to change in 2025. The question is whether Yuki would be happy driving for a non-Honda team, and whether any non-Honda teams would be interested in signing him?

If Yuki opts to leave (he won't be pushed), then ADR gets a lifeline. If Yuki stays, then it's Sayonara Daniel.
I see what you're saying but is any of the non Honda teams he could land in really any better than what he's currently in?

As you say, AM isn't plausible. None of the higher teams will take him. Alpine have the spot but seems a very sideways (if not backwards) move.

Think ADR is cooked.

Yuki will most likely go to another team in the driver merry go round after the Perez RB signing and RIC might be lucky to keep his seat at VCarb with Lawson for 2025? There will be a lot of changes in F1 in 2025. The 2nd half of this season will be interesting and career defining for a lot of the drivers .

Last edited:
I see what you're saying but is any of the non Honda teams he could land in really any better than what he's currently in?

As you say, AM isn't plausible. None of the higher teams will take him. Alpine have the spot but seems a very sideways (if not backwards) move.

Think ADR is cooked.
Yuki is reportly aiming for a factory drive... but his talent really doesn't dictate that he's going to land a seat at any of the bigger teams. AM in 2026 is probably his best bet, following their switch to Honda engines.

It all depends on how pissed off he is at RBR crushing his dreams.

If Yuki doesn't leave, then it's career over for Ricciardo - who will probably head to NASCAR once his F1 days are over.

There are now 6 races to go, until the mid-season break, at the end of July. I suspect we'll see a lot of driver movements confirmed during this break.

Ricciardo has until the mid-season break to prove that he's still "got it". If he can't start beating Yuki consistently by the break, then I expect Lawson to be given his seat for the second half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Yuki is only contracted with RBR/VCARB until the end of 2024, apprently RBR still have first option on him so they can retain him for 2025 if they want to and he can't go drive somewhere else, unless another team (wink wink, Audi) want to buy him out...so while they may still let him go for free, they can also go the opposite way and force another team to pay up for him.

Same thing as what happened with Gasly when he moved to Alpine

Last edited:
Surely Sainz is too good to be left without a seat?

Not convinced of Perez getting two years but I guess Red Bull are fine with a clear number 2 that - let's face it - is not a realistic threat for the WDC. Tsunoda will be the interesting case to see if he continues - surely he will.

Ricciardo for Lawson seems the most obvious move. Sargeant as well, but who comes in for him? Sainz to Alpine? lol

Surely Sainz is too good to be left without a seat?

Not convinced of Perez getting two years but I guess Red Bull are fine with a clear number 2 that - let's face it - is not a realistic threat for the WDC. Tsunoda will be the interesting case to see if he continues - surely he will.

Ricciardo for Lawson seems the most obvious move. Sargeant as well, but who comes in for him? Sainz to Alpine? lol
Sainz was probably holding off hoping for RBR or Merc

I’m a bit surprised that Perez has an extension.
Yes, he is no threat to Max. But he hasn’t been the rear gunner that Bottas and Rosberg were to Hamilton when Mercedes were dominant.
With the advancements both Merc and McLaren are showing this season, Max needs a rear gunner.
Also, a bit premature signing him unless they know Max’s intentions moving forward.

RIC is still technically contracted to RBR for 2025 and has just been on loan to VCARB on a one year deal for 2024, so unless VCARB want to run Yuki and Lawson for 2025, I think RIC hangs around the RBR junior team for another year
I’m pretty sure all four are actually employees of Red Bull Austria, not either of the teams, which gives RBR and RB a loophole to switch drivers between the teams as much as they like (within the rules ofc).

Marko has also mentioned Daniel has a contract for 2025 so I can see Yuki leaving RB for Haas (Komatsu apparently already in his ear) or Alpine (reuniting with Pierre who he gets along well with, and gives that team a steady partnership to build up from after a shit 23/24).

Sainz now out of the running for that RBR seat and no guarantee at Merc must mean he’s going to Williams. Maybe they have something special in the wings for 2026?

I’m pretty sure all four are actually employees of Red Bull Austria, not either of the teams, which gives RBR and RB a loophole to switch drivers between the teams as much as they like (within the rules ofc).

Marko has also mentioned Daniel has a contract for 2025 so I can see Yuki leaving RB for Haas (Komatsu apparently already in his ear) or Alpine (reuniting with Pierre who he gets along well with, and gives that team a steady partnership to build up from after a shit 23/24).

Sainz now out of the running for that RBR seat and no guarantee at Merc must mean he’s going to Williams. Maybe they have something special in the wings for 2026?

Tsunoda to Aston Martin in 2026? The Honda link might help.

Sainz to Williams seems doubtful - they already have the talent (Albon), don't they still need a pay driver?

Maybe Sainz to do a Ricciardo and also sit a year out in the hope a decent seat emerges.

Anyway, always got to leave silly season - you only need one contract renewal to upset the whole chain of events.

There is supposedly a rumour Hyundai are interested in buying an F1 team. If true and if it were to happen one would have to assume it would be Alpine.
I've heard that for a while. They were rumoured along with audi and porche.

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back