F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's going to be a lot of black cars going around the track this year - Mercedes, Alpine, Sauber. I know they all have different highlight colours, but it's still going to be hard to pick them out on the track.
I wonder how much advantage not having to paint the cars really has. I know its a sport of millimeters and milliseconds, but surely paint on a car isn't that much of a factor ?

There's going to be a lot of black cars going around the track this year - Mercedes, Alpine, Sauber. I know they all have different highlight colours, but it's still going to be hard to pick them out on the track.
Wouldn't have thought so, not as long as their neon/secondary colours are different.

Wouldn't have thought so, not as long as their neon/secondary colours are different.
We can add Williams to the list too - black, with blue splashes. Probably Haas as well, though their livery hasn't been announced yet.

I had problems picking Mercedes & Haas at times last year. This year it's going to be an order of magnitude harder, with at least 5x teams running around in black (with occasional splashes of other colours).

Thank God for Ferrari, who will be (almost) the only easily identifiable team, in their scarlet red liveries.

We can add Williams to the list too - black, with blue splashes. Probably Haas as well, though their livery hasn't been announced yet.

I had problems picking Mercedes & Haas at times last year. This year it's going to be an order of magnitude harder, with at least 5x teams running around in black (with occasional splashes of other colours).

Thank God for Ferrari, who will be (almost) the only easily identifiable team, in their scarlet red liveries.
Don't think the Merc/Haas had enough colour in them so I see your point.

These look brighter so hopefully a bit easier to tell apart.

The four PUs limit is a good change in my view.

The cars are too reliable now, would like to see them push the limit a bit more which teams can do with more PUs and that would increase the risk of a blow up. Having a couple of top cars retiring increases the chances of a lower team making a surprise podium.

Question for the F1 purists - do we count Piastri's sprint win last year as the first win of his F1 career?
Let me see….
All F1 teams competing.
All first string F1 drivers driving.
He came first.
The record books are wrong. That’s an F1 win based purely on beating the best teams against the best 19 drivers in the world.
To believe it is anything less does a disservice to him and McLaren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAM announces he is going to Ferrari just days before RBR possibly implodes due to Horner being sacked and Newey leaving etc...

A truly #blessed timeline :sweatsmile:

So at the moment we have Red Bull & Ferrari... and everyone else is black with occasional splashes of colour. What a ****ing nightmare it's going to be, picking everyone out in the races - particularly at the start, where it's just going to be a sea of black all the way down the grid.

At least the McLarens have put a reasonable amount of orange on theirs - it's not just highlights covering 2% of the car, like so many of the others.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back