Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

fagan is a people person , he gets the best from the group and they to a man love him and would walk thru a brick wall for him , so enough of this crap if saturday night doesn't show you all how his aura benifits this group then you know nothing

I hope this comment wasn’t aimed at me.

I also love Fages. And I too value what he brings to our team as a coach. But you can love, value and support a sportsman and see room for improvement at the same time.

Also, I view our coaching panel as a an aspect of the team. It’s like the forward line or the back line. It’s not just one player.

The coaching panel is more than just Chris Fagan.

A person can say we need more speed or stamina in our midfield, but that doesn’t mean that they are advocating that Lauchie Neale be dropped.

I am saying there is room for improvement in our game day tactics. This is not an attack on Fagan.

Gosh, imagine moving across the country to do the same job for probably the same pay but with a lower chance of success.
This is West Coast. They could double his pay and not blink an eye.

Does his role fall outside the soft cap?

You can exceed the soft cap. You just have to pay a scaled tax above a certain point. Which is why it’s referred to as a soft cap.

Just wondering what has happened to Daniel Rich....is he still involved in the club? I haven't seen his head in any videos for ages?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s such a lazy argument, unless there are clear positional changes people assume the coach isn’t doing anything.

Moving Zorko on the ball and getting McKenna on were match winning moves but really I think Fages attitude has always been about getting the game on our terms and sometimes that means backing the players in to get it together during games rather than making wholesale changes. I mean GWS went into ‘plan B’ mode and it cost them the game
I don't think Fages moved Zorks on the ball...he said in his interview with Robbo that Zorks just moved forward with wingers covering for him.

I don't think Fages moved Zorks on the ball...he said in his interview with Robbo that Zorks just moved forward with wingers covering for him.
He does it reasonably often if the game allows it's just that this week he kicked a couple of goals. We saw Berry sweeping across the back of the main bunch regularly during the game and then Ah Chee in the last quarter.

Just wondering what has happened to Daniel Rich....is he still involved in the club? I haven't seen his head in any videos for ages?
Pretty sure he moved on earlier in the year.

Whatever happens this season, I hope the coaches are in a position to manage choc throughout the season next year. We couldn’t do it this year for obvious reasons but feels like choc has almost hobbled into the last two finals series due to the workload. I get the Brownlow angle last season and maybe even this. But I think that’s what we need to turn our eye to next year.

Whatever happens this season, I hope the coaches are in a position to manage choc throughout the season next year. We couldn’t do it this year for obvious reasons but feels like choc has almost hobbled into the last two finals series due to the workload. I get the Brownlow angle last season and maybe even this. But I think that’s what we need to turn our eye to next year.
Yep at his age we need to start being a bit smarter with how we manage him otherwise the end will come quicker than we want. Obviously this year our hands were tied a bit, but given the depth have in the midfield now and with the young guys coming through the draft, hopefully we put ourselves in a better position next year of not having to play catch up so we can rest a few more of the older guys.

That's my main concern for Saturday night. The win last week can go one of two ways, we can ride the momentum OR we have that many sore guys we are carrying now off the back of a huge season just to catch up, that we run out of legs again at the prelim final stage.

Yep at his age we need to start being a bit smarter with how we manage him otherwise the end will come quicker than we want. Obviously this year our hands were tied a bit, but given the depth have in the midfield now and with the young guys coming through the draft, hopefully we put ourselves in a better position next year of not having to play catch up so we can rest a few more of the older guys.

That's my main concern for Saturday night. The win last week can go one of two ways, we can ride the momentum OR we have that many sore guys we are carrying now off the back of a huge season just to catch up, that we run out of legs again at the prelim final stage.
A fully fit and rearing to go Neale is as good a player as there is in the game.

So if we're good enough to be contending it makes sense that we want him like that in the final 3 games.

Hope you enjoyed the celebrations like everyone . Was thinking of you when I was pacing the house in that last quarter , because that’s what you do too .
This preliminary will be bittersweet for you too .
Take care 💐❤️

Thanks heaps:heart:....and yes it will be bittersweet too. At least I will have a team to cheer in the GF either way. For those that don't know, my son was a life long Cats supporter.

Not sure I will get to watch this game actually. My granddaughter and her family are flying overseas, daughter driving them down to the airport so we are all going out for a meal before they leave.....all right on game time.

It's probably just as well, I'd be a nervous wreck anyway, pacing at the first bounce..:worried:

:smilev1:

Plays for Noosa now. Assuming he lives there too, little bit of a hike to come down to Springfield, especially when you consider how awful traffic on the Bruce usually is.

Kingy getting annoyed at Robbo on 360 for 'saying that I think that Chris Fagan is tactically inept'. "DON'T insinuate I've said something that I haven't said."
Posted in the other thread about that segment. King could not have looked worse if he tried and prove how much he hates Brisbane and Fages. Deadset fool

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back