Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

King references Geelong's last 6 weeks of the season and that they are the no.1 stoppage team.

Smashed by the Dogs.
Smashed North
Close win over Crows at home
Good win over Freo in Perth
Lost to Saints
Flogged the Eagles at home

Not the best stat to cherry pick. They played 2 of the worst teams for the year and it was hardly convincing form heading into finals, hence why the result against Port was such a surprise. He really thinks they are God like.

Someone needs to put a compilation together each week of the stupid shit he says and then pose a nonsensical question in his own style

Will be hard to limit the lowlights package to under an hour though
Reminds me of that fan-made montage that's sadly been deleted of Kingy writing off Geelong over multiple weeks from 2011.

The **** are we watching here? This is so cringe.

Good on Robbo. Never thought I'd say that 😂

The really weird thing is I'm up to the halfway point of the 3rd quarter, we're 6 goals down and I STILL don't think we're playing that badly! (Which supports my original perception watching live at the ground) We've had a couple of skill errors, a couple of decision making errors, a couple of unlucky bounces and the Giants have been good enough to make us pay. To that stage that's pretty much the difference in the game.

It really feels like I'm watching a completely different game to all the "experts" who claimed they'd never seen a more limp exit from a season, that we were playing as tho we'd given up, etc etc etc.

But yeah something something bad coaching something something 🤷

a few days ago I saw an image of kingy at the commentators desk at a game and someone has photoshopped the laptop to be giant and all you can see is the top of his head behind it.

Bloke is an absolute fraud and a *******. Can’t wait to watch it when I get home from the womens.

Good on Robbo. Never thought I'd say that 😂

The really weird thing is I'm up to the halfway point of the 3rd quarter, we're 6 goals down and I STILL don't think we're playing that badly! (Which supports my original perception watching live at the ground) We've had a couple of skill errors, a couple of decision making errors, a couple of unlucky bounces and the Giants have been good enough to make us pay. To that stage that's pretty much the difference in the game.

It really feels like I'm watching a completely different game to all the "experts" who claimed they'd never seen a more limp exit from a season, that we were playing as tho we'd given up, etc etc etc.

But yeah something something bad coaching something something 🤷

The shots they showed of poor coaching were us committing horrendous turnovers for the most part.

Like Rayner winning the ball at half forward, hand balling backwards into the centre square to 4 giants half forwards - of course that presents a problem?

I don’t get how we have the best list but they are also all flaky who can’t be trusted. Because that’s the consensus view I see from the media.

The previews and coverage have been kinda unbelievable. This is a cats team that lost to St Kilda about a month ago to lose second spot, not the 2022 team which was all conquering. They faced an easier schedule, and took advantage of it.

I think the cats are the favourites definitely, and a large part of that is coaching, but the media chat this week has been very very weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The shots they showed of poor coaching were us committing horrendous turnovers for the most part.

Like Rayner winning the ball at half forward, hand balling backwards into the centre square to 4 giants half forwards - of course that presents a problem?

I don’t get how we have the best list but they are also all flaky who can’t be trusted. Because that’s the consensus view I see from the media.

The previews and coverage have been kinda unbelievable. This is a cats team that lost to St Kilda about a month ago to lose second spot, not the 2022 team which was all conquering. They faced an easier schedule, and took advantage of it.

I think the cats are the favourites definitely, and a large part of that is coaching, but the media chat this week has been very very weird.
The only way to fix this is to win. Or stop caring about it. One of the two. Ideally both.

Totally. It would just have been nice coming off one of the biggest comebacks in finals history - to understand it a bit better.
Except all we’ve heard from King is that he stands by Kingsley braining Fagan in coaching and that line I’ve heard him say three times now that not all coaches that win have successes and not all coaches that have lost has failed or words to that effect, so he’s find a cute way of saying that he stands by Kingsley out coaching Fagan even though the Giants lost.

What a ****wit is David King. Embarrassing

This other load of BS he sprouts ,don't get beaten by what you know.

I can guarantee every club knows just about everything about any opposition team they face. They'd analyse it minutely.

So if you get beaten it's a living certainty you're going to get beaten by something you know.

Every team has a plan. Implementing it , having the cattle to do it , and what the opposition do are are the issues.

I just had a chance to what it. Ahhhhhhhh he is so so dumb. He was brained by robbo, ROBBO!

He's so conflicted in whatever agenda he has against Fages he's stopped making sense when challenged. He was incoherent.

I love Fages, and do not want to lose him. But we have to admit that tactically, we were completely out coached last night. We desperately need some tactical nouse in the coaching box.
We have no plan B. I hope Dew stays around and we can work out a few alternatives in the off season.

But for now… onwards and upwards! Life is good 😊

Nailed it - listen from about 45 minutes in for the analysis which has sort of been my criticism all year / for several years

Nailed it - listen from about 45 minutes in for the analysis which has sort of been my criticism all year / for several years

I can’t listen to RoCo - his take has always been ‘gee, I just don’t know about Brisbane’ without anything more offered ever. Rocket at least offers some analysis.

I listened to this weeks and him and rocket were joking about hippy being rested from Tuesdays training as he was ‘unsighted in the game.’ Wouldn’t take more than 2 seconds to google the injury list from a few weeks ago to work out that Eric might be battling through a pretty significant injury!

Anyway here’s the most insightful thing RoCo has ever said:

I can’t listen to RoCo - his take has always been ‘gee, I just don’t know about Brisbane’ without anything more offered ever. Rocket at least offers some analysis.

I listened to this weeks and him and rocket were joking about hippy being rested from Tuesdays training as he was ‘unsighted in the game.’ Wouldn’t take more than 2 seconds to google the injury list from a few weeks ago to work out that Eric might be battling through a pretty significant injury!

Anyway here’s the most insightful thing RoCo has ever said:

I'll pay his comeback there lol :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back