Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand your logic.

Does that mean Kane will revert to the mean and not be good value?

Value in fantasy isn't based on form, it's based on ownership. Salah has >50% ownership. Not starting with him is suicide.

Sorry, I don't mean revert to the mean in terms of his price. More saying it as in his own performance, i.e. last season was a flash in the pan (for want of a less harsh term) and he is possibly more likely to score 15 goals than he is 30. If he scores 15 goals for the season was he good value at 13 mil?

Last edited:

Sorry, I don't mean revert to the mean in terms of his price. More saying it as in his own performance, i.e. last season was a flash in the pan (for want of a less harsh term) and he is possibly more likely to score 15 goals than he is 30. If he scores 15 goals for the season was he good value at 13 mil?

If he starts shit you have a 13m asset you can downgrade and spread cash around. If he starts on fire again and 50% of the comp have him and you don't, how do you get him in?

Genuine question. Thought there might be more return in Sane?

He's been nailed on by Pep as a starter and had a great Charity Shield. Having a nailed on City mid at that price is a great way in.

Is Ota really as nailed on this season as he was last? Surely Laporte and Stones don't play for Kompany every other game, sometimes it could be Otamendi? This is why I have Mendy.

Could someone in the league pm me the code or post it pls before the league starts and its too late :)

It's never too late, it's just a ranking league, not h2h. People can join at any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand your logic.

Does that mean Kane will revert to the mean and not be good value?

Value in fantasy isn't based on form, it's based on ownership. Salah has >50% ownership. Not starting with him is suicide.
Value at the start of the season isn't ownership based, surely? Clyne would've been picked by bugger all and is the same price as Alexander-Arnold. I would imagine historical point scoring with a bias to their most recent points (previous season) would be the main influence?
He's been nailed on by Pep as a starter and had a great Charity Shield. Having a nailed on City mid at that price is a great way in.
Surely no-one is a nailed on starter for City? They rotate pretty regularly? Sterling and Sane will be played once Sterling is match fit. Do you just mean for this week or the first couple of weeks?

Value at the start of the season isn't ownership based, surely? Clyne would've been picked by bugger all and is the same price as Alexander-Arnold. I would imagine historical point scoring with a bias to their most recent points (previous season) would be the main influence?

Surely no-one is a nailed on starter for City? They rotate pretty regularly? Sterling and Sane will be played once Sterling is match fit. Do you just mean for this week or the first couple of weeks?

No, it's based on an arbitrary value which is in someway based on performance previously, and somewhat based on the judgement of the games operators. My point was that he is owned by over 50% of players, if he starts well, he's going to be near impossible to bring in.

Pep has literally said "It's Bernardo and ten others".

The fact Sane apparently isn't match fit and he missed the World Cup is a worrying sign, but great for Bernardo. Sane isn't a walk up-start right now IMO. Pep won't just overlook Bernardo's good form in pre-season.

DDG
Robertson - Mendy - Daniels
Salah (c) - B. Silva - Mkhitaryan - Richarlison
Firmino - Aguero - King

Hamer, Stephens, Wan-Bissaka, Peltier

I went with...

DDG
Robertson - TAA - Tomkins
Salah (c) - B. Silva - Willian - Fraser
Wilson - Aguero - King

Foster, Mkhitaryan, Mendy, Wan-Bissaka

Mourinho seemed happy with Shaw.

Yeah fingers crossed he can get a decent run of games. Is a great value pick to get into their defence. The goal was an added bonus lol.

Shaw...nailed the start SM
tumblr_nm4pgyE4851qjm2elo1_500.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back