Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Warning to anyone thinking of Burnley defenders,

Nick Pope (burnley keeper) has injured his shoulder looks certain to miss the start of the season.

Fair enough. Those first 10 games are a huge danger sign to me. I like the look of a few West Ham players but won't be touching them until that fixture eases up.
Who would you prefer in that price range?

Who would you prefer in that price range?
Josh King. Chris Wood was my big pick, all dependant on that injury. He'll start if fit though.

Just think there's a few with easier runs to begin with, who you can then move to Arno later on.

Josh King. Chris Wood was my big pick, all dependant on that injury. He'll start if fit though.

Just think there's a few with easier runs to begin with, who you can then move to Arno later on.
You reckon they'd be a more reliable second striker than Arno??

You reckon they'd be a more reliable second striker than Arno??
Against their oppositions, I do. As you said, Burnley have a nice run to start the season - I'd back him to score more than Arno in the first 10 gameweeks.

Depends what Schurrle turns up. 1-2 goals & about the same in assists the last couple of seasons. Not sure if I'll go with him and hoping he hits the heights of 15/16 & 13/14

Do we assume Schurrle plays forward or in midfield? I've got Kamara as a bargain goal-scorer, on the assumption Mitrovic gets his regular share of reds.
Think sessegnon is way overpriced. Chance of him being a hit straight away is low-ish, and with his ownership it means a decent chance he drops in price.

But who knows, could hit the ground running. Bit too risky for me though, especially in midfield.
View attachment 532749

Can always give it a try instead of knocking it. Uses Squawka Stats for scoring and players rise and fall along the same Supercoach method too based on form with a 3 game rolling average, so it's basically PL Supercoach without the Newscorp branding.

Players being priced accordingly via form is the main kicker for me, not ownership like FPL :$
I had no idea ownership reflected price. How Capitalist of them. I did do a Sportal one I think which had prices fluctuating wildly. It was a lot funner as it gave a second main way to play the game, looking for bargains and building capital to upgrade the week-in week-out players. Every year in FPL I want to do a team of smokeys, but then you're left with 20M and think 'may as well whack Salah/Kane/Sane/DDG/etc in'.

EDIT: Misread.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people with Patricio. Do we expect Wolves to be defensive? I just imagined they were trying to do free-flowing, attacking football?

Always find it a bit funny to have two teams in defence/GK who are playing each other. Come on 0-0! I don't think TAA will start the season. Clyne looks good and has had the full pre-season.

A lot of people with Patricio. Do we expect Wolves to be defensive? I just imagined they were trying to do free-flowing, attacking football?

Always find it a bit funny to have two teams in defence/GK who are playing each other. Come on 0-0! I don't think TAA will start the season. Clyne looks good and has had the full pre-season.
I'm basing my team on the season, not first week, so not too fussed.

Thought TAA was preferred at this stage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back