Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Check out Dunkin Donuts new offering in the States. It's a breakfast sandwich in a glazed donut :eek:

I'll usually settle on fish and chips every few weeks for dinner with a healthy (not in that sense..) serving of squid rings. Could eat squid all day. Local store is pretty generous with their servings. Have Subway generally every two weeks for lunch, always a footlong chicken teriyaki sub

Will generally avoid maccas, hj's like the plague though the kids always want it when we are going to buy dinner instead of making it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear, Kentucky Fried Chicken was high quality when I was a kid in the 80s and for most of the 90s I guess. Each piece was thoroughly cooked, yet juicy (not dry) and the skin really stuck to the meat. You could already start to smell a Kentucky Friend Chicken as soon as you were about 100 metres away from one, which had the rotating bucket outside. The restaurants themselves had that classy, glossy wood look to them too. Family friendly too, as opposed to now where it caters for the 3am drunken bogan crowd requiring security at the CBD venues.

I have an incredible love/hate relationship with fast food. I generally try to limit it to one hungover meal a week, which usually be my only meal for the day so I somewhat justify it considering its far less calories than what I'd usually consume in day.

However, as much as I do enjoy cooking for myself, there are just somethings I can't replicate at home, especially considering that I generally avoid even having things with any grains or sugar in them in the fridge or pantry. Not a maccas or kfc fan particualy, I more prefer getting some indian or thai take away. Probably my closest to a regular thing is getting a cheesesteak, with a generous helping of Franks hot sauce, and some chips seasoned with cajun from a place near me.

Check out Dunkin Donuts new offering in the States. It's a breakfast sandwich in a glazed donut :eek:

I feel physically ill just by looking at that

I swear, Kentucky Fried Chicken was high quality when I was a kid in the 80s and for most of the 90s I guess. Each piece was thoroughly cooked, yet juicy (not dry) and the skin really stuck to the meat. You could already start to smell a Kentucky Friend Chicken as soon as you were about 100 metres away from one, which had the rotating bucket outside. The restaurants themselves had that classy, glossy wood look to them too. Family friendly too, as opposed to now where it caters for the 3am drunken bogan crowd requiring security at the CBD venues.

Probably because you were a kid and saw KFC as Disneyland. As an adult you see it for what it is, a greasy restaurant with food of questionable quality.

Well I live within walking distance of a McDonalds and 7/11. A few months ago I was getting off the bus once or twice a week to eat something from Maccas and then on weekends/at night I'd walk up for something.

Stopped as I'm saving money now.

I don't understand why anyone would go to macdonalds and buy something "healthy". If i go to maccas its because i want something salty, stodgy and unhealthy. If i want something decent, nutritious and healthy then it would be the last place i'd go.
Going to Maccas for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug

Remove this Banner Ad

Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Back