Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

How can people watch him stand up like that in a tough, physical final with his great aerial work and brilliant tackling and still think he needs to put on weight? His frame works for him, not everyone needs to be bulky to be a good footballer.

How can people watch him stand up like that in a tough, physical final with his great aerial work and brilliant tackling and still think he needs to put on weight? His frame works for him, not everyone needs to be bulky to be a good footballer.
He’s still young, he’ll develop naturally, you don’t want to be deliberately bulking him up at the expense of his agility and aerial skill.

I remember saying that he should be moved back for the Geelong final and it didn't get much love. I was worried that Sinn would be too risky and either a DBJ or Burgoyne would be a better option.

I thought Burton was one of our better olayers agaisnt Geelong so when i heard he was out some negativity really crept in, but the Burton injury forced us to roll the dice with both Burgoyne and Sinn, and it was impressive. It's provided some good selection headaches now if Farrell and Burton are cleared fit to play.

Peter and Shaun were very good across the half back line, so i loved seeing Burgoyne down there, looked very natural.

There is something about this kids personality i really love too, doesn't say much but you can tell how much he is loving his footy.

Seeing Burgoyne and Evans embrace at the end of the game was awesome, two young kids having the time of their lives.

Regardless of the changes, we better not move him from the backline this week.

Had a poor final, then is asked to play a new position due to injuries in a knock out final, and responds with a best on ground performance.

Back him in.

Who covered him on the wing against the Hawks? Didn't really notice.

There is something about this kids personality i really love too, doesn't say much but you can tell how much he is loving his footy.

Seeing Burgoyne and Evans embrace at the end of the game was awesome, two young kids having the time of their lives.
Just a brilliant post-match interview too. He has improved a 1000% in that regards. Calm, measured, succinct, and very inciteful.

Very impressive!

Regardless of the changes, we better not move him from the backline this week.

Had a poor final, then is asked to play a new position due to injuries in a knock out final, and responds with a best on ground performance.

Back him in.

Who covered him on the wing against the Hawks? Didn't really notice.
We started the very first bounce with Drew on one wing and Boak on the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was that one dude like 15 years ago who had Cameron Cloke listed as an 'in' in the changes thread literally every week that he was on our list.

I’m glad he helped ruin his uncle and cousins night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did Shaun say something more than I heard Friday night. He was being with pride about Jase’s performance and didn’t seem so say much more re Ken than Tim ginever or Ken have said - but I didn’t see the whole post game and can’t find it online.

He looks like he'd weigh 65kg wringing wet. There isn't much of him but he played a ripper.

Who would have thought a Burgoyne and a Rioli would have torn up a final? It's in their DNA.

Did Shaun say something more than I heard Friday night. He was being with pride about Jase’s performance and didn’t seem so say much more re Ken than Tim ginever or Ken have said - but I didn’t see the whole post game and can’t find it online.
I think it was just that his kids are hawks supporters and that Port won. Nothing more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back