Favourite win over Collingwood!

Remove this Banner Ad

think one of the best games ive been to is the Collingwood v Essendon ANZAC day draw. Started the tradition...Sav in his best form kicking 10 against Fletcher....100 thousand fans screaming.

We didnt win, but it is still one of my earliest and fondest football memories.

The look on Buckley's face after the game said it all. He had the chance to atleast kick a point but decided to pass to Sav.

Yep, has to be that one :thumbsu: .........any are majorly sweet though :eek:

surely you can think of better than that.

That was a pretty ordinary game for a final. Saints flooded hard...we played shizen. You were clearly the much better side but it was far from a great match.

Sure it would've been sweet for you guys...but there has to be better victories over the last decade. Perhaps the fact it was a semi final.

117 pt thrashing at Subi early 2005.

9 goals to nil 1st quarter.

Mexican wave started before half time

yer i remember that game vividly. I taped it because i couldnt watch the game that night. I used to write a report after every match for Nicks so win/lose or draw i used to watch every game. I think i only lasted the first quarter...it was just dismal.

I wasn't at Vic Park to see the 1993 game that goes down as the best ever. So I'll stick with the first game I remember being at - 1994 at the MCG, huge Friday night, Tony Shaw's 300th game and North celebrating 125 years of existence. Very very pleasing win for our guys.

The recent nailbiters have been fun. Although now I've been living with a Collingwood supporter for nearly ten years, and watching both teams play every week, the contests aren't as enjoyable - I just don't like switching to see them as the opposition again (although other Pie supporters always do and/or say something to make it possible).

surely you can think of better than that.

That was a pretty ordinary game for a final. Saints flooded hard...we played shizen. You were clearly the much better side but it was far from a great match.

Sure it would've been sweet for you guys...but there has to be better victories over the last decade. Perhaps the fact it was a semi final.

Yes it was a semi final - and many had written off the Saints from even making the finals, let alone top 4 :cool:

Anyway it's the most recent, I can't remember the others much - not that there have been all that many :eek:

As for my beloved Port Adelaide - well, no GF's as the Wobbles have had our measure in finals.

For other clubs however, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Bris - 2002GF, 2003GF
Carl - 1981GF, 1979GF, 1970GF, 1938GF, 1915GF
Rich - 1980GF, 1920GF
NMelb - 1977GF
StK - 1966GF
Melb - 1964GF, 1960GF, 1956GF, 1955GF, 1939GF, 1926GF
Geel - 1952GF, 1937GF, 1925GF
Fitz - 1922GF, 1905GF
SMelb/Syd - 1918GF
Ess - 1911GF, 1901GF

As for my beloved Port Adelaide - well, no GF's as the Wobbles have had our measure in finals.

For other clubs however, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Bris - 2002GF, 2003GF
Carl - 1981GF, 1979GF, 1970GF, 1938GF, 1915GF
Rich - 1980GF, 1920GF
NMelb - 1977GF
StK - 1966GF
Melb - 1964GF, 1960GF, 1956GF, 1955GF, 1939GF, 1926GF
Geel - 1952GF, 1937GF, 1925GF
Fitz - 1922GF, 1905GF
SMelb/Syd - 1918GF
Ess - 1911GF, 1901GF

Thank god for Collingwood ..they have always been, and still are our bitches :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1970; was out in the big smoke with my folks, no radio in the car. Called in to see friends just on half time and was mortified at the score but told my old man that the Blues could still win. The drive home took well over an hour so my next score update was after the final siren.
The replay was awesome.
I can still remember the feeling of euphoria when I found out that the Blues had won.

In 1992 I went to Victoria Park for the first time. It was an awesome game of football with some stars of the day like Lyon, Daicos, Schwartz and Pert all in good form. Jakovich brought up his 100th goal that day in just his 21st game. He kicked 7.5 which was about as accurate as he came. Big Sav dominated the other end with 5 big ones. Shaw and Stynes were best on, both at the peaks of their individual careers.

My best memory was when Daicos kicked a goal with minutes left only for a free kick to be given to Garry Lyon off the ball and the goal didn't count. Melbourne kicked 1 more to seal the game by 9 points. I remember leaving the ground and all the Pies fans complaining about the holding free kick Lyon had recieved, even tough Collingwood led the free kick tally easily. I was only 12 years old but will always remember it vividly. One of the best!

Suprise Suprise another Let's Bash Collingwood Thread:rolleyes:

I've enjoyed all of them, but the first big match we had with them this year was great.

Both teams in really good form, the match was seen as a really big test for the Hawks.

We played great, and then completely destroyed them in the last quarter and won by about 60 points. Franklin, Williams and Roughead had about 5 each.

Great game.

Sooooooo Many, I can't have just one favourite........ but if I HAD to name one on its own I'd say the 93 point belting we gave them in 2007 at the MCG was top of the pops. The week before the game Malthouse had gone on about Collingwood's consistancy and the fact they hadn't dropped a game by more than 20 points or something..... boy did we shut him up!

2003 Grand Final. Magpie supporters were so cocky. We had these ones sitting in front, who just got drunker and more sorrowful as the game wore on. Eventually they just withered away.

2003 Grand Final. Magpie supporters were so cocky. We had these ones sitting in front, who just got drunker and more sorrowful as the game wore on. Eventually they just withered away.
Yeah we were Pathetic in that GF:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite win over Collingwood!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back