Society/Culture Feminism - Pt III

Remove this Banner Ad

Much easier for them to cheat, too.
If they are OK with the other having more partners, then it's none of our business is it?

I liked the bit about cohabitation being heteronormative, because gay couples don't live together?

The bit:

“I don’t live with my partner at the moment and we both have such different independent busy lives,” Salmin said.​
“We get to have so much of what we had when we were single still in our relationship. But I wonder how much you can actually upkeep that when you do end up living together.​
“So much of it is just hetero dynamic patriarch learned behaviours that you might fall into.”​

The feminists are deciding not to move in with their boyfriends! And they're on a radio show about relationships - that they host! - talking about their reasons! REEEEE! :)

If they are OK with the other having more partners, then it's none of our business is it?

The bit:

“I don’t live with my partner at the moment and we both have such different independent busy lives,” Salmin said.​
“We get to have so much of what we had when we were single still in our relationship. But I wonder how much you can actually upkeep that when you do end up living together.​
“So much of it is just hetero dynamic patriarch learned behaviours that you might fall into.”​

The feminists are deciding not to move in with their boyfriends! And they're on a radio show about relationships - that they host! - talking about their reasons! REEEEE! :)
It's the "hetero dynamic patriarch" description that gets me laughing. Would love to see the rationale for that. It's particularly funny when the stereotype for moving in with a partner super early is associated with lesbians - i.e. the total opposite of heteronormative.

I used to love ringing the radio being a troll (surprisingly), maybe I should come out of retirement!
Be sure to record it for our entertainment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the "hetero dynamic patriarch" description that gets me laughing. Would love to see the rationale for that. It's particularly funny when the stereotype for moving in with a partner super early is associated with lesbians - i.e. the total opposite of heteronormative.

“So much of it is just hetero dynamic patriarch learned behaviours that you might fall into.”

She was OBVIOUSLY talking about her OWN experience and background and upbringing.

She was OBVIOUSLY talking about her OWN experience and background and upbringing.
How does that make a difference? Even taking that as the origin of it, the meaning of that language is explicitly saying that it (i.e. moving in with a partner and sharing a room etc) is heteronormative and patriarchal. If anything, that explanation would suggest she doesn't understand what she was saying at all.

is explicitly saying that it (i.e. moving in with a partner and sharing a room etc) is heteronormative and patriarchal
I didn't get that it was about the act of moving in together. It was about what it would lead to, that she didn't want.

I didn't get that it was about the act of moving in together. It was about what it would lead to, that she didn't want.
The way it was written, I took the comments as all within the same context. She's talking about maintaining a sense of independence while in a relationship which is completely uncontroversial and actually very sensible. But it's the justification for it that gets off the rails as quite funny because, as I said, it seems like she hasn't actually thought the meaning of what she said through and just just threw it out there as a form of in-group posing or signalling. It's like the opposite form of a dog-whistle, where it's as loud and out there as possible for all to see. Foghorning maybe? I like it. It seems she was foghorning.

The way it was written, I took the comments as all within the same context. She's talking about maintaining a sense of independence while in a relationship which is completely uncontroversial and actually very sensible. But it's the justification for it that gets off the rails as quite funny because, as I said, it seems like she hasn't actually thought the meaning of what she said through and just just threw it out there as a form of in-group posing or signalling. It's like the opposite form of a dog-whistle, where it's as loud and out there as possible for all to see. Foghorning maybe? I like it. It seems she was foghorning.
Yeah. The modern curse of putting identity before values.

The way it was written, I took the comments as all within the same context.
As it was just a comment on the radio show I didn't think it needs THAT much scrutiny. Which is the point of this side-quest being ridiculous to start with.

As it was just a comment on the radio show I didn't think it needs THAT much scrutiny. Which is the point of this side-quest being ridiculous to start with.
Totally agree it was off topic and unimportant. If the couple of comments about it weren't given such harsh denigrating it probably would have slipped quietly into the night until the next silly thing came along.

Totally agree it was off topic and unimportant. If the couple of comments about it weren't given such harsh denigrating it probably would have slipped quietly into the night until the next silly thing came along.
The little chud-cloud that pops in here to make denigrating and dismissive comments showing their fear and hatred of women probably deserve an even harsher response. But who has the time?

The little chud-cloud that pops in here to make denigrating and dismissive comments showing their fear and hatred of women probably deserve an even harsher response. But who has the time?
Sounds like you need to commission a bot to be scripted

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Feminism - Pt III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back