Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fev for Bradshaw and Rischitelli?

wow.

and fev is okay, the clocks not ticking for him or any issues he may have on or off the field....

poor braddy, given excellent service to our club, and cast away as last nights chip wrapper by club and fans.

If Bradshaw leaves then it's his decision. No one elses.

And what's this crap about "our club" you have GC17 in your handle. You support them, not Brisbane. Shame Shame Shame. Refer to Brisbane as "them" if you support the Gold Coast. Don't refer to Brisbane as "our".

Say it aint so Swanny....

Big fan of Bradshaw, but only 1-2 years left, fan of Riska but doesnt get a start in our midfield, maybe a HFF spot ? We got enough of them thanks...

And we lose the best FF in the competition, who has at least 4 years left....

OMG.....

That means no Rischitelli v Judd replay from last year's finals series. Wasn't it Rischitelli that Judd eye gouged? If true, they'll be team mates next year. :p
if this said trade goes ahead there is no way i will be missing out on the carlton intra club practice games in 2010
judd v rischitelli
cloke v o,hailphin hope the umpires are on the ball there it will be a blood bath.

this has been the best trade period in years, everyday holds new laughs at the expence of carlton.

i cant believe that carlton could possibly entertain such a pathetic trade they must really be despreate to get rid of fevola, he must of really done something really bad !!

wasnt it carlton which said that if a player cant play 100 games or something wont be recruited to carlton........or something to that extent

good if voss pulls this off, it will be the ripoff of the century.

Carlton appear to be getting bent over on this deal. While I think Bradshaw has been a fantastic player for Brisbane throughout his career he is in his last year or two. This will mean that Carlton will only be able to get two years out of him and that while he may be servicable I can't see him kicking more then 35 goals next year let alone 70 that Fev can kick.

Regarding Rishitelli, I believe he is a goodish midfielder. But what is the point of Carlton getting him when they already got a strong midfield and already traded for McLean.

I think plenty of deals are good deals.

Fevola is the best FF in the game by a long margin, he is a 100 goal a year FF. He is 28 and in the prime of his career. Brisbane will get 4 years good service from him.

Bradshaw is a 31 year old stop gap remedy for losing Fev. He has 1-2 seasons left and will net about 50 goals for the Blues.

Rischa is an over-rated footballer. Good ordinary player at best. He will not get a spot in Carltons midfield. He isn't even good enough to get a gig in Brisbanes midfield. Might be a handy player on the HFF for them but we are talking about an exhange for Fevola. Handy should never be mentioned.

Fevola ===> Bradshaw + Rischa = massive lol :D

Of course you are going to think it's a fair trade. You follow Brisbane. Your club will most likely be playing in a GF next year if this trade goes through.
In the past three seasons Fevola has kicked 3.9 goals per game with no competition, while Bradshaw has kicked 3.0 competing with Brown.

In the past three seasons Fevola has kicked 3.9 goals per game with no competition, while Bradshaw has kicked 3.0 competing with Brown.

because fev would have 2 defenders on him in a game and 3-4 in a pack marking contest

and bradshaw would take the second best defender or third best if brown is on fire

As previously mentioned, it has been one of the most energetic and entertaining trade weeks for a while.

Just to add a little more smoke to the fire, there were whispers in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago that Bradshaw was looking to go home. I am a bit suprised that it hasn't already been mentioned. Yes, he has been a loyal and valued servant to the club, but if he wants to go and the Lions can get value on the trade it would appear that all parties except the fans are happy.

Bradshaw kicked a heap of goals as the number two in brisbanes forward line. He will struggle with the best defender on him and as the main focal point. Dont kid yourselfs you just lost about 30 -40 goals ayear once fev left .

why is noone wondering how the ball is going to get down to fev/brown enough to justify this trade? especially with rischa gone now....

In the last 4 seasons:

Bradshaw - 58 , 75 , 59 , 42

Fevola - 89 , 99 , 59 , 84

I'm sorry but they are two different class of players.

And whats this about no competition? Are you saying Jonathan Brown taking the best defender every week doesn't assist Bradshaw? Are you saying Brown getting double and triple teamed doesn't help Bradshaw?

Fevola will get less attention at Brisbane and will kick over 100 goals next season. Mark my words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola is the best FF in the game by a long margin, he is a 100 goal a year FF. He is 28 and in the prime of his career. Brisbane will get 4 years good service from him.

Bradshaw is a 31 year old stop gap remedy for losing Fev. He has 1-2 seasons left and will net about 50 goals for the Blues.

Rischa is an over-rated footballer. Good ordinary player at best. He will not get a spot in Carltons midfield. He isn't even good enough to get a gig in Brisbanes midfield. Might be a handy player on the HFF for them but we are talking about an exhange for Fevola. Handy should never be mentioned.

Of course you are going to think it's a fair trade. You follow Brisbane. Your club will most likely be playing in a GF next year if this trade goes through.
I'm not saying that we're not getting a very good deal in this trade. I'm just saying YOU never think any trade is a good trade.
But hold your breath the deal isn't done and we don't know if draft pick's are involved.

If carlton do that deal, they are trully desperate to get rid of Fev.

Bradshaw has 1 good yr left at most. Will snag a 2nd but will be a passenger. I love the guy and he was a great player but the signs are there, soft tissues injuries like Hammies, bad back,

Rischa is a very ordinary footballer. He is a poor mans Andrew Carrazzo.

Massive win for Lions that deal. At least they'll get 2/3 good years out of Fev while J.Brown and Black still have some influence.

I'm not saying that we're not getting a very good deal in this trade. I'm just saying YOU never think any trade is a good trade.
But hold your breath the deal isn't done and we don't know if draft pick's are involved.

Ahh so you agree with me... :rolleyes:

Ahh so you agree with me... :rolleyes:
Yeah i think so, on the base's that theres no trades involved.
I've seen you comment on other trades being mentioned and you've never liked a trade

Yeah i think so, on the base's that theres no trades involved.
I've seen you comment on other trades being mentioned and you've never liked a trade

Wouldn't it be wise to make these comments on a thread where you actually disagree with me?

Which ones do you disagree with. Gibson was worth only pick 25 imo so Hawks lost out on that one. Can't recall what other ones i've commented on. Do you reckon the Gibson trade was on the money for both clubs or do you reckon North did well to milk it into their favor?

Fev gets the ball kicked to him more than any other player. He is Richo like in his desire to have the ball kicked to him at every opportunity. Even if covered he wants it kicked to him and starts to crack the sads if his lead is not honoured. That amongst other things makes him an elite full forward. But makes it very hard for anyone else to develop. The midfielders are used to kicking it to him 15 times a game. The crowd rise up when he leads and with his frame and the sheer force of his personality on field it is hard for him to be ignored.

It will hurt Carlton a lot in the short term but may allow other talls to develop quicker without him. At least it will strip away any veneer of an excuse if they do not as they will get it kicked to them plenty and have to contend with the best defenders as well. The forward line will have to work much better as a unit and rely less on individual brilliance.

Fev needs space in front to use his pace. Teams pushed him wide. One of the reasons he kicks a lot of points. His shots are harder than most forwards, further out and on tighter angles. Being short for a "tall' forward he cant flourish under the high ball. Leave him 1 out and space in front and he is lethal. Teams just wont allow that these days though.

Bradshaw has shown he can play a team game. Does not need a lot of space as he is a very good contested mark 1 on 1. Has played down back a fair bit. Is roughly 2 years older. Less brilliant and his form in the last 2 years is not as good.

He might be stop gap but he will also allow others to develop and can play in a structure and follow team rules that Fev has never been able to.

massive win for Carlton.

I would hate to see the blues front up with Rischitelli added to their midfield and bradshaw patrolling within 20 metres of goal.

treading water for Brisbane, but a big big win for Carlton.

hope it falls through.

Carlton getting absolutely reamed here! Wouldn't be happy if the trade went through, was hoping to get some youth out of this. Henderson or pick 12 should be involved in the trade somehow..

EDIT: Obviously at the expense of Bradshaw or Rischa, wouldn't expect Brissy to actually add those to the trade

Brown and Bradshaw make a good duo but Brown and Fevola will be a different story. If Brisbane can land him they really could give the top 4 or even the top 2 a real shake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back