Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't seem to bother Brereton and Dunstall

I think this will mean Brown get's to push into the proper CHF role

We all know how good Brown is with the flight of the ball - so you'd expect there to be plenty of space in behind a Fev lead

Brereton and Dunstall knew how to play in a team environment, a skill you could never accuse Fevola of mastering.

If you've seen as many carlton games as I have, you'll know how much fevvie craves the limelight. He loves being The Man, and it will take a significant attitude-readjustment for him to play as the second forward in any forward line.

Hell, he might pull it off. Anyone with half a brain would recognise that Jonno Brown is the centrepiece, and you'd do well to play around him and be happy with getting maybe 30% of forward entries directed to you, instead of the 65% you're used to.

Anyone with half a brain would recognise that. But don't forget, this is Fev we're talking about here.

Re: Fev for Bradshaw and Rischitelli?

wow.

and fev is okay, the clocks not ticking for him or any issues he may have on or off the field....

poor braddy, given excellent service to our club, and cast away as last nights chip wrapper by club and fans.
I hear you, Campbell. I'm a big fan of Bradshaw and Rischitelli - but, moving forward this is a solid deal for the Lions.

I've been expecting and hoping for this all week, but lost a bit of faith yesterday.

I am with TheBrownDog on this one.

Oh it appears my being an apprentice has made me stuff up my quote. Sorry stantonLEGEND, I apologise for apprentice ways.

Brereton and Dunstall knew how to play in a team environment, a skill you could never accuse Fevola of mastering.

If you've seen as many carlton games as I have, you'll know how much fevvie craves the limelight. He loves being The Man, and it will take a significant attitude-readjustment for him to play as the second forward in any forward line.

Hell, he might pull it off. Anyone with half a brain would recognise that Jonno Brown is the centrepiece, and you'd do well to play around him and be happy with getting maybe 30% of forward entries directed to you, instead of the 65% you're used to.

Anyone with half a brain would recognise that. But don't forget, this is Fev we're talking about here.

He does like the limelight - but geez he chased and tackled hard this year in the games i saw.

On a talent basis - you guys are being rogered - but we got squirt for Gardiner and Cousins - so sh1t happens to us all

we just got royally shafted by brisbane if this trade goes through.
Fevola A+ forward
Bradshaw at 32 C+
Rischitelli C midfielder

Im still hopeful fev doesent go.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that it won't happen.

Carlton are getting seriously reamed here if the deal goes through as reported.

There is either more coming Carlton's way as part of the deal, or its all games to get Collingwood to offer up something decent.

If it goes through as reported, Carlton have paid a big price to make a statement that is pretty much negated by the fact that they have just given a new deal to a bloke who knocked out a teammate and then kicked him in the Jatz Crackers.

That means no Rischitelli v Judd replay from last year's finals series. Wasn't it Rischitelli that Judd eye gouged? If true, they'll be team mates next year. :p

wow, seems promising. of all the guys carlton could have got, bradshaw is the one who is roughly equivalent to fev (old but good quality FF).

its the one trade idea thats come up that doesent adversely effect their premiership clock timing.

and brown and fev in the one forward line... jesus voss wastes no time does he?

That means no Rischitelli v Judd replay from last year's finals series. Wasn't it Rischitelli that Judd eye gouged? If true, they'll be team mates next year. :p

I'm sure they'll sort out their differences in the intraclub match. It's the Carlton way. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola A+ forward
Bradshaw at 32 C+
Rischitelli C midfielder

He's gone.

You should be thankful you're getting something for him.

If I had a choice between a reliable, solid player like Bradshaw or a temperamental, inconsistent bonehead like Fev - it would take me a second to answer it.

Offloading Fev's contract will be the key. If Brisbane are picking up that then I'd be over the moon as a Carlton supporter.

bad move blues. Rischitelli will struggle for a game at the blues. i give him 8 games max for the club. and bradshaw has 1 year left in him.
very naughty carlton , im sure there has to be picks involved. maybe carlton will use bradshaw down back and have a forward line of:
betts waite yarran
cloke kruezer gartlett

He does like the limelight - but geez he chased and tackled hard this year in the games i saw.

On a talent basis - you guys are being rogered - but we got squirt for Gardiner and Cousins - so sh1t happens to us all

Yeah, I know we're not replacing like-for-like in the talent stakes. But the moment I found out exactly what that idiot Fevola did on Brownlow night, I never expected to.

Sure he chased and tackled hard. So does the entire St Kilda side... and most forwards worth their salt. It's a measure of Fevola that he gets praised for doing what are now the basics.

And I wouldn't discount Carlton trading back into the first round, just yet. Still two days to go...

They joked about this on 7 news.

They said Judd will be able to continue his experimenting with pressure point tactics.

nl1vg4.jpg

Fevola A+ forward
Bradshaw at 32 C+
Rischitelli C midfielder

I agree fev is an A+ forward.. but surely bradshaw is atleast a B, and Rischitelli a C+

However I still agree with you, Bris would be getting an A+ forward with atleast 4 years in him.. whilst Carl are gaining a B class forward who is 2 years older and most likely only has 2 years left.

And a C grade midfielder that wouldnt even get a gig in their starting midfield, who is used mainly as a tagger, when they already have a better tagger in Joseph

Carlton getting ripped off big time

a fevola/brown forward line is a wee bit scary methinks...

brown/bradshaw was scary enough, this takes it to another level

the question will be

does the Lions have the quality all over the ground to cash in

IMO they have let go in the process two up and comming midfielders and there gains except for Fev, well there quality can be questioned, there is also talk of releasing MacDonald who I also rate highly

the other interestingquestion will be how Fev adjusts to playing with another dominant forward, Fev is used to having it all his own way in the forward 50m

interesting times

Are you still allowed to have an opinion on the main board at BF..???

This isn't the main board and you will get carded here for having an opinion that's even slightly negative.

Just a friendly warning. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back