Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fev for Bradshaw and Rischitelli?

Awesome news for brisbane if it happens, Fev will bring a few thousand more memberships up there.

What a stupid thing to say, I'm considering not renewing my lions membership. Fev is undisciplined, lazy, narcissistic and a dead set W**ker

WE DONT WANT HIM

Carlton are midfield mad. How many midfielders do they need.
If Bradshaw has injury problems then they'll have the best midfield in the comp and the worst forward and backline in the league.

Not sure why people keep saying our defence is a problem, it's no longer 2005. Our forward line is and has been for a while now.

Still, not rapt with this trade.. What about asking for pick 12 FFS! :mad:

I don't think we're getting totally reamed, but Brisbane can certainly claim to be the winners in this deal. It will be interesting to see if the Swans come up with an attractive counter-offer - probably not though.

However he performs, Bradshaw is only going to be a stop-gap measure for a couple of years, so I'm hoping there's draft picks attached to the trade once they iron out the details, or that we consider trading back into the draft, seeing as we have loaded up on midfielders now.

Not sure why people keep saying our defence is a problem, it's no longer 2005. Our forward line is and has been for a while now.

Still, not rapt with this trade.. What about asking for pick 12 FFS! :mad:

Pick #12 + Bradshaw

OR

Bradshaw + Sherman

would have made it a fair trade.

As it stands Carlton are getting well and truely arse r*ped.

completely agree
31 yo coming off a knee reco for the reigning Coleman medallist and AA FF in his absolute prime.

BIG :thumbsdown:
But has 133 goals in the last 2 yrs from 40 games. That suggests he's going pretty well. Sorted us out in the EF well and truly. We can play CHF too and back. Rischitelli will add the extra hard body with McLean needed in big games also allowing Judd to play more outside. With Warnock playing Kruezer will spend more time forward rotating with Waite at CHF/FF as 2nd talls, with the other up the ground, rather than 1st talls with Fev going..

Bradshaw is the bridge hopefully as we draft a young tall and spend time developing him (hopefully one will be there at pick 27) or maybe trade for another. That's means, hopefully, one's ready to go, or close to at least, when Bradshaw goes. Remember Fev's 29 as well although 2 yrs does mean alot at that age admittedly. Fact is Fev was going and we needed something to replace him even if it's short term until we can get/develop another. Alot better than nothing up forward at all. Ask the Bulldogs.

I could've stomached a deal where we got Fev in exchange for Bradshaw & a draft pick (as good of a player as he is), but with Rischitelli as well ?, NO WAY (even if Carlton pay part of his salary).

I'm happy with ho we've gone in the Draft with Staker & Buchanan, but this will end badly for us

Having Brown & Fevola on the same forward line, is like having John Lennon & Mick Jagger in the same band, either they make the best band ever, or it ends in an absolute disaster.

I hope Voss knows what he's up for here, and I hope that he can reign him in, otherwise, we're screwed

If Fev wasn't an A Grade ******** we wouldn't be trading him at all.

If Fev wasn't a AAA Grade ******** we wouldn't be trading him for a deal like this.

If Fev wasn't a ******** we wouldn't have got him originally at Pick 39 anyway.

Fev's gone.

I'm Glad.

The Club is glad.

Move on.

Yeah, that about sums it up. Add to that:
- Fevola has to get out of Melbourne to prevent backsliding. Clubs wouldn't be interested.
- Perth and Adelaide would be too much footy fishbowls as well.
- Sydney don't appear interested.

That's just eliminated 14 of the 15 possible clubs Carlton could trade him to, therefore it's Brisbane or nothing. Motivated seller means lesser price.

Bradshaw has played 2nd and 3rd fiddle as a forward. Put him in front of the carlton midfield and add Rischitelli and its a win.

carlton probably have the 3rd best midfield in the competition behind st kilda and Geelong, and with the loss of ball, st kilda's 'hardness' took a big knock.

bradshaw also is more team oriented and disciplined than fevola, brilliant as the fev is.

nope Carlton are stronger from this trade.

Absolute rubbish, Rischitelli is hardly a star, and would not be in carltons 4 maybe 5 best mids, and Bradshaw has a year maybe 2 of half decent footy.

Fev is coming off a coleman is younger than Bradshaw and has more to prove, his first coleman was also in a cra carlton side was it not so your midfield argument doesn't wash.

Bradshaw can't afford to be as team orientated as he has been now because he is the main man.

Brisbane win this trade (if it happens) quite easily.

Fev and Brown in the same 50 honestly scares the crap outta me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions are going to pick up Fev's full salary.

Out three highest earners are Black, Power and Brown.

Black is eligible for veterans list next year, Power the year after and Brown the year after that. We are well equpped to cover it.

This explains why the trade is lopsided.

Carlton just freed up a stack of cash and will be well equipped to keep the Gold Coast at bay next year.

Carlton are getting reamed, this is possibly the most one sided trade in a while. Good on the Lions for getting a steal, I'm sure after the first day many of you were wondering what the hell Voss was thinking.

Re: If the Fevola to Brisbane trade goes through....

Ive been waiting for something like this if true, it means someone is TRYING to win a flag and not umming and ahhing for 3 yrs.

Best duo of all time? Hopefully Leunberger and Charman can stay fit and Mitch Clark can run down there also.

Fantastic recruiting for Brisbane

Carlton always had to wear some pain here despite some of their posters having deluded thoughts about a win win situation. They are in damage control and this isnt the worst result they could have had.
They have a big task not to fall away in 2010 with no Fev and Judd missing 3 rounds early

Premiership contention not on the horison now

I love Braddy and it will be sad to see him leave the Gabba, but the reality is that Braddy is 33 and Fev is 28. If they can keep him under control this will be a major win for the Lions. And don't forget, even though Fev is a nob, he kicks plenty of goals.

he's 30 dude.

What a stupid thing to say, I'm considering not renewing my lions membership. Fev is undisciplined, lazy, narcissistic and a dead set W**ker

WE DONT WANT HIM

Well a change of scenery can do wonders for ones "personality problems", especially discipline. For every brisbane supporter who "quits" being a member 10 more will join. It's only good news for Brisbane really, they are cementing more members before the gold coast joins.

Considering what you're "losing" to get him if this trade turns out to be true, how silly are you to not think you are getting a completely lopsided deal here? Coleman medalist for a pack of chips and change? Yes please.

WE DONT WANT HIM

Who is WE?

If you mean the Supporters, then you certainly don't speak for all of them, because it seems many do want him.

If WE means the club, well clearly they do want him.

they will still need their small forwards and the midfielders to kick goals as well. they cant keep relying on the main focal points to kick their goals every week

unless of course they have browny and fev. that is a match up nightmare for any opposition. much stronger combo than riewoldt kosi. looks stupidly dangerous and leads itself to whoever the small forwards are cleaning up no matter what as packs form around the big units. a 120kg ashley sampi would clean up in that forward line

Ive been waiting for something like this if true, it means someone is TRYING to win a flag and not umming and ahhing for 3 yrs.

Absolutely.

Good luck to Voss- he's been very aggressive this trade week, and he's the first coach in a while to grow some balls and not go the safe option of taking pick after pick to keep the supporters happy, without every putting it on the line and actually trying to win something.

If this comes off, Brisbane will have an immediate 2 or 3 year window where they will be serious contenders. If they jag a flag during that time, it will inject a lot more reality into trade week in future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back