Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fev for Bradshaw and Rischitelli?

I would love to see this trade go through.

Bradshaw, as good a player as he has been, doesnt appear to have too much tank left in the petrol. And he strikes me as one of those players who when it goes, it goes.

And Rischitelli, despite the fact my club has been chasing him for three years, has never impressed me much at all. Just an OK mid. Would be on the fringe at Carlton. He would be on the fringe at any club bar the top 5 sides for that matter, if he played for Geel, St K, WB, Coll or Adel then he would be languishing in the magoo's.

Expect to see Carlton really struggle if this trade gets done. Fingers crossed.

Re: If the Fevola to Brisbane trade goes through....

There's talk of us landing Wojcinski as well. Landing Wojcinski will allow Brennan to play forward. Staker could do the running role Brennan does also.

HF: Adcock, Brown, Sherman
F: Polkinghorne, Fevola, Brennan

Shades of the Lynch/Brown/Bradshaw combination between 01-04

Potent forward line.

If the Fevola to Brisbane trade goes through.... the rest of you are f%#ked

I would love to see this trade go through.

Bradshaw, as good a player as he has been, doesnt appear to have too much tank left in the petrol. And he strikes me as one of those players who when it goes, it goes.

And Rischitelli, despite the fact my club has been chasing him for three years, has never impressed me much at all. Just an OK mid. Would be on the fringe at Carlton. He would be on the fringe at any club bar the top 5 sides for that matter, if he played for Geel, St K, WB, Coll or Adel then he would be languishing in the magoo's.

Expect to see Carlton really struggle if this trade gets done. Fingers crossed.
I'm looking forward to watching your forward line function without your Dad's Army team in Lucas and Lloyd :)

.... at least we've got a decent midfield to help out though.

Poor Essendon.

B: Drummond, Merrett, Patfull
HB: McGrath, Henderson, Wojcinski/Sheldon
C: Staker/Wojcinski, Black, Johnstone
HF: Adcock, Brown, Sherman
F: Polkinghorne, Fevola, Brennan

Foll: Clark, Power, Rich

Int: Charman, Redden, Raines, Buchanan, Hawksley, Clarke, Sheldon/Staker, Stiller, Selwood, Leunberger, Harding, Proud, Rockcliff etc

That forward line must make you shiver? Pity the backline isn't up to par.

Absolute rubbish, Rischitelli is hardly a star, and would not be in carltons 4 maybe 5 best mids, and Bradshaw has a year maybe 2 of half decent footy.

Fev is coming off a coleman is younger than Bradshaw and has more to prove, his first coleman was also in a cra carlton side was it not so your midfield argument doesn't wash.

Bradshaw can't afford to be as team orientated as he has been now because he is the main man.

Brisbane win this trade (if it happens) quite easily.

Fev and Brown in the same 50 honestly scares the crap outta me.

Throw in Brennan when and if we land Wojcinski. Or groom Staker for Brennan's role and play Brennan up forward.

Don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story...... the drunk punter threw the pool ball at Voss. If it happened any other way, you missed your chance to tell to the magistrate who found Vos not guilty.

Dicko

Not to derail this auspicious thread but Voss actually pleaded guilty to assault and was put into a diversion program. Then there was an out of court settlement of the civil suit which, given the guilty plea, one could only assume was in favour of the lad he hit.

If you want to talk about facts......

Dammit , was secretly hoping we would of tried for Fev , we need a key forward of his quality , well done Voss & Brisbane should be pretty exciting to watch the Lions next season .

Many Lions posters seem to think 2010 was going to be his last year - might stretch it to 2 at Carlton

Bradshaw will give great service while he's there, but that won't be long.
Clearly Carlton have decided they want to try and push for a flag in the next 2 years, and thus want to fill the hole at full forward left by the Fev, rather than taking draft picks to Fev's value (which would be better for them in the long run). I suspect this plan will be an epic fail :D

They would have got a better deal if they had waited for Sydney.

They should've given how many picks Sydney have.
But maybe they were worried Sydney would baulk and then they'd have to keep him, so they've gone for this instead.

Pick #12 + Bradshaw

OR

Bradshaw + Sherman

would have made it a fair trade.

As it stands Carlton are getting well and truely arse r*ped.

It is likely that Carlton has agreed to this trade for 3 reasons

1) They desperately want Fevola out of the club
2) Brisbane has offered to pay all of Fevola's salary. This gives Carlton more flexibility in the next 2 years
3) Recruiting Bradshaw gives Carlton two years to rebuild their forward line and remain competitive.

2) Brisbane has offered to pay all of Fevola's salary. This gives Carlton more flexibility in the next 2 years
3) Recruiting Bradshaw gives Carlton two years to rebuild their forward line and remain competitive.

This. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee if this trade goes thru carlton are getting screwed no disrespect to Bradshaw who HAS BEEN a great player, but at 31 and with chronic Injuries Back and Knee. This trade could even surpass the Stephen O'Reilly trade in our History. He will be lucky to play 15 games and kick 30 goals IMO.

good point, but still he is 31 and there was talk he was thinking off pulling the plug this year, IMO its a super poor deal, if brisane wanted fev so much surely the blues would"ve held out for something better, the lions 1st rounder (if available) perhaps, i think the story has legs though as all the major networks are running with it, perhaps coll, syd didnt offer anything or even worse deals than that, i still think sydney are up to something especially with them caving on the jolly deal.

Gee if this trade goes thru carlton are getting screwed no disrespect to Bradshaw who HAS BEEN a great player, but at 31 and with chronic Injuries Back and Knee. This trade could even surpass the Stephen O'Reilly trade in our History. He will be lucky to play 15 games and kick 30 goals IMO.

Still is a great player mate. He doesn't have any chronic back or knee injuries. Had a few strains this year and played through them which limited him towards the end the regular season. Outside of that he is peachy.

Besides that he is a great one on one stationary mark, as he has great upper body and arm strength. Can play from the square without a problem. Probably only does have 2 years left, but they will still be quality years, and could easily kick 70-80 goals as the main focus of a forward line.

Could Richard Hadley be moved into this trade and net us something a little extra considering there were strong rumours he was going back there? Just a thought i'm not to sure if it's on the cards.

Brisbane mid-fielder Michael Rischitelli appears to be the only potential stumbling block in the trade to get Carlton spearhead Brendan Fevola to the Lions.

Brisbane has offered up Rischitelli and Daniel Bradshaw in return for Fevola, but the two Lions players must agree on the move before the deal can be done.

Rischitelli's manager Ricky Olarenshaw has confirmed to SEN that his client is reluctant to return to Melbourne, and will need some convincing if the trade is to be successful.
http://www.sportsentral.com/pro/main/storyreader.aspx?sid=18237&sr=all

Rischitelli is a great player for us. I'll be very sad to see him running around for another team.

Also sad to see most people ignoring him when they talk about this deal. He's a good addition for Carlton if it goes through.

Not sure about this trade. Whilst fev is a very good footballer, his record isn't fantastic and alot of lions supporters do not like him. Trade isn't through yet and until its set in concrete its all speculation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back