Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fev for Bradshaw and Rischitelli?

I'm not sure I can see Fev playing second fiddle to Brown - hell, he had trouble when O'Hailpin was in the forward line with him, let alone somebody good.

All this 'Bradshaws body is shot' stuff i only speculation at the moment. If this trade went ahead i'm sure Carlton would know pretty well where he is at, and how he can fit into our future plans. At the very least it'll give us a quality FF to replace Fev for a few years, while we develop our forward setup beyond that time span.

regardless, getting another 2 years out of Bradshaw would the best case scenario considering all the injuries he has had.

Seems pretty much win/win. Although with the acquisition of Rischitelli I'm beginning to think that Carlton are the Man City of AFL, stocking up on the one position.

I thought at the Lion's best and fairest they said they weren't going to trade Bradshaw?

They said no such thing.

I was there, you were not.

Tony Kelly simply said that the evening's celebrations would be "Fevola free".

Id do the deal but only if Carlton agreed to pay part of Fevola's salary. After all Fevola cannot play the backline like Bradshaw can (yes I know Bradshaw is probably playing his last year and Fevola has potentially, no guarantees, a few more years). But we'd also be giving up Rischetelli.

I'm not sure I can see Fev playing second fiddle to Brown - hell, he had trouble when O'Hailpin was in the forward line with him, let alone somebody good.

You mean when Fev got BOG when they both played in the forward line for Victoria?

Good one moron.

This won't happen. Fev will stay at the Blues.

Carlton must feel that they are on the verge of a premiership, and the best way to keep this open while losing Fev is to pick up a replacement key forward with the ability to kick 60+ goals.

To me it makes sense, and with the addition of McLean and Rischitelli too, it appears they are gearing themselves to make the best out of the situation and have a real crack in the next couple of years.

Taking first round draft picks is well and good, but it will take 3-5 years for a key position player to make a real impact, and this may not be the time frame the Blues are taking into consideration.

I think Brisbane are clearly heading down a similar path, taking advantage of Fev and the Blues' circumstances to make their forward line the most dangerous in the league.

No one wins from this deal.

Fev - A muppet. Why would you want him at your club. Getting old.
Bradshaw - Old and wont be around long enough to win a premiership.
Rischitelli - Worth a second round I guess.

So in simple its Fev for Rischitelli.

Meh...
so you're saying it's a fair trade then.. thanks

regardless, getting another 2 years out of Bradshaw would the best case scenario considering all the injuries he has had.

Apart from missing the full season a year ago, most of the injuries he's had have been niggling ones, and he's averaged over 20 games a year since 2000. There'd be plenty worse injury records going around.

Another 2 years may be all Carlton are planning to get out of him anyway, surely they'd have a forward plan in place if this went through.

you BF plodders have no idea what an amazing trade for carlton this is.
imagine a midfield with risky, judd, murphy, gibbs, mclean just amazing.

carlton have just extracted great value for fev just when he was going o fall off in the next 2 years. All carlton need to do now is plonk kruezer up forward with bradshaw and let hampson and warnock do the ruckwork.

kruezer was destined for FF and thats where he will go.

Rischitelli is a likeable, good average food solider that doesn't seem to have any much, if any improvement left. Bradshaw is a gun but has 2 years left max if his hammys hold up.

In terms of player value, this is a massive win for Brisbane, especially as it doesn't sell out our future. I thought there would be no way that we'd be able to do this deal without losing pick 12, Henderson or both. If we can keep them, that is a massive win. Even moreso if Carlton are paying part of Fev's wage.

In terms of culture though, there are serious issues to be thought about. Not so much in terms of Fev's antics which I think will be managed up here, but more in the message it sends if loyal players like Bradshaw are shipped off in their final years.

If this all goes through, Hopefully Judd shakes Rischa's hand and doesn't claw the face when he arrives at Visy park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work by Brisbane if it works out, Brown and Fev make them dangerous

Okay for Blues as long as they accept they were always having to go well under market value for Fev unless some bidding war broke out.

Does set Blues back a few years, not likely to contend with a Fevless list

I am thinking the McLean trade was rushed through too early now. Seems at the end of the day the Blues needed a replacement key forward for Fev. Out of desperation they have landed a decent 1 year replacement in Bradshaw.

Would they have been better looking long term and using 11 & Fev to get into the draft and snare say a Butcher or Black. Use Waite & Kreuzer in the forward line while the young key forward develops.

Getting McLean so early gave them no flexibility.

Big win for the Lions. Living up here in Brisbane, the Lions need someone to spark interest up here and Fevola, for better or worse will do that.

Just look at what Aker did for the game up here. If Fev pulls his head in...........and it's a BIG if............this will be great for the Lions both on and off the field.

Carlton do alright out of it but if it goes through i'd say the big winners would be Brissie.

Carlton had to take "under market value" to move Fevola on. He's on a massive contract, and perhaps the deal involves Brisbane paying the majority of his contract. Reckon Bradshaw will be good for a couple of years, and if we can get 50 goals from him, i'd be pretty happy.

Yep.

It's a case of having to hurt a little in the short term in order to gain in the long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back