Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Brisbane throw in a tube of KY Jelly with that trade. Carlton getting bent over big time! Will be hard to fit Hadley/McLean/Rischatelli into the same spot. Is it too late to get pick 11 back?

geesh carlton were always looking for a 2nd avenue to goal...now no fev...interesting to see how the blues go next year - would have to be questionable to make the eight you'd think.

Bradshaw is no slouch. 500 odd goals and that was in a team where he has always played second fiddle to Brown/Lynch etc. And the rest of the time in Brisbane he played down back. And anyone that has seen him play knows he can outmuscle most defenders and walk down back and stop most forwards. (Havent seen Fev do that) Sure he is older, but he is a good pickup for any team.

As for Risky, he will be in Carltons starting lineup each week, he is no superstar but then again he was never asked to be. But he must be quality or else why would Judd have tried to take him out of the game with the old Segal move? Played every game this year for the lions

As for Fev at Brisbane with Brown, sure it sounds good and looks good on paper, but it is Fevola for crying out loud, he's a fool and now I am going to have to cheer for him. I cant do that after calling him a tosser all these years. :( I just hope he proves everyone wrong and just plays top notch footy.

Did I miss the bit where the deal went through? Everyone's commenting as if this has happened, as opposed to an offer that's yet to be accepted.

I also think people are underestimating just how badly Fev burnt his bridges at carlton: keeping him really isn't an option, so any trade needs to be seen in that light.

Carlton's plan is clear: base a gameplan around the most dominant midfield in the AFL, once Geelong go into their inevitable decline. Worked for West Coast, works for Geelong. A single big key forward is an over-rated concept IMO. Key forwards will be rotated, with the likes of Kruezer and Waite spending more time up there; Bradshaw (if this goes through) is a senior forward to help out while younger guys come on, for a couple of seasons.

If Fev wasn't a headcase, we'd get a lot more for him. But if he wasn't a headcase, we wouldn't be trading him. Actually, if he wasn't a headcase, he probably would've gone top 10 in his draft and he would never have been at Carlton anyway.

Bradshaw is no slouch. 500 odd goals and that was in a team where he has always played second fiddle to Brown/Lynch etc. And the rest of the time in Brisbane he played down back. And anyone that has seen him play knows he can outmuscle most defenders and walk down back and stop most forwards. (Havent seen Fev do that) Sure he is older, but he is a good pickup for any team.

As for Risky, he will be in Carltons starting lineup each week, he is no superstar but then again he was never asked to be. But he must be quality or else why would Judd have tried to take him out of the game with the old Segal move? Played every game this year for the lions

As for Fev at Brisbane with Brown, sure it sounds good and looks good on paper, but it is Fevola for crying out loud, he's a fool and now I am going to have to cheer for him. I cant do that after calling him a tosser all these years. :( I just hope he proves everyone wrong and just plays top notch footy.

:D:thumbsu:

Re: Fev for Bradshaw and Rischitelli?

People, remember to look for the words 'it is believed' or 'it is understood' in these articles. It's all huff and puff. I highly doubt Fev will move interstate.

I dont think its such a bad idea.

Bradshaw gives them a dominate FF for the next few years untill they can develope one themselves and they also get another tough nut, skilled clearance midfielder. The two midfielders will be able to play inside leaving Judd and Murphy to run and carry with Gibbs rotating between tagging and carrying.

Judd back to his best as a goal kicking offensive weapon is a good thing.

With the amount of midfield roatations these days I dont think anyone can aruge that they have too many blokes going through there, they just have allot of good ones.

Lose/Lose for both teams although probably Lions just ahead. Fev's not that big an improvement on Bradshaw. Rischitelli far too inconsistent.

Fev is significantly better than Bradshaw. I am not too biased to admit that.

Bradshaw is older and is starting to get soft tissue injuries on a distrbing basis.

He's still premium quality, but the clock is ticking for him.

How can people say this not good for the lions, good luck to the rest of the comp trying to contain 2 of the best forwards of the last decade. Meanwhile carlton get a guy that has a 2 yrs left at best and a midfielder that would struggle to fit into their midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can people say this not good for the lions, good luck to the rest of the comp trying to contain 2 of the best forwards of the last decade. Meanwhile carlton get a guy that has a 2 yrs left at best and a midfielder that would struggle to fit into their midfield.

Yeah, I think in terms of basic trade value, Carlton are bent over here.

I wonder what the deal is regarding salary?

Carlton's plan is clear: base a gameplan around the most dominant midfield in the AFL, once Geelong go into their inevitable decline. Worked for West Coast, works for Geelong.
Sorry, but a midfield of Selwood (21), Corey (27), Ablett (25), Bartel (25), Ling (28) is substantially better than yours, and just hitting its prime. Even the oldest of those players, Ling, would have a good 3 seasons left. The trio of Selwood, Ablett and Bartel are going to be around even longer, and I think they are a match for Judd, Murphy and Gibbs.

Meh, Essendon were pretty happy to chase him. Sound like sour grapes as he knocked you back. ;)

That was 2 years ago when he looked like a future star. He's one of my favorites in terms of just general cult worship, but his performances have stagnated over the last two years.

May do well in a new environment. Can play the inside grunt role that Hadley has played for you. He's far less injury prone than Hads.

Don't expect any genius though, no freakish handballs to advantage from the bottom of packs, 100 percent polyester, no silk. As often discussed on the Brisbane board, his favorite move is the "Rischitelli Hail Mary clearance" where he grabs he ball in the middle of a pack and jams it on the boot, long and high into the forward line. Ugly, but sometimes effective (but often not).

But he's got courage and is a good tackler. His heritage may make him a cult hero amongst the Lygon Street crowd. He's a nice Italian boy who loves his mum. :D

My issue is that we dont have a low enough pick to get a decent young key position player to groom as a future forward and we definitely dont have one on our list.

maybe they are working on anonther trade to suffice that?? Hope so.

If this is the deal, I can live with it.

1. Midfield impact: Rischa would complement our midfield well. There is no argument that he and McLean do the same job. McLean is a centreman, Rischa a more mobile mid with a strong defensive game. Our attacking midfield stocks (Judd, Murph, Gibbs, Walker and Simmo) combined with those who can play a defensive role (Joseph, McLean, Rischa, Carazzo) looks good, especially when combined with some of the kids coming through like Yarran and Robbo.

2. Forward impact: Bradshaw would be a solid stop gap measure while we develop a younger forward line with multiple attacking options. He can present and mean we don't have to develop a completely different game plan in the off season. If he can kick 60 next year he'll have done a good job. We now have a midfield with some serious goal kicking depth too. Judd will be freed up to go forward and Waite and Kreuz through the forward line will be good.

3. Who do you help? Well, I would rather help Brisbane than Collingwood. Brisbane have saved Carlton members from the possibility of an Essendon and two Collingwood flags. If they get they get a flag from Fev, I will not begrudge them. I hope for his sake that he sorts himself out.

4. More to come? Maybe. Looks like a deal might be done but if Paul Roos wants him then he'd better get moving. His denials of interest were about as credible as Voss'.

Surely Carlton would be better to get a 1st round pick than Rischatelli he isn't much and they will lucky to get 30 games out of Bradshaw.

lions are trading for everyone, how many is this...4 or 5 players now?

Big win for Carlton IMO

Big winners? Bullshite. If true Carlton get an average mid who has had a couple of shocking years plus a decent forward who is prob in his last year. While Bradshaw is there they have no chance of winning a flag, he will just temporarily band aid the problem of a key forward.

In return, Lions get a combination of the 2 highest goal kickers this year and two of the best three kpf in the comp with Frankin. This could give them a crack at a flag in the next 2 years.

Brisbane HUGE winners.

Sorry, but a midfield of Selwood (21), Corey (27), Ablett (25), Bartel (25), Ling (28) is substantially better than yours, and just hitting its prime. Even the oldest of those players, Ling, would have a good 3 seasons left. The trio of Selwood, Ablett and Bartel are going to be around even longer, and I think they are a match for Judd, Murphy and Gibbs.

Ablett > Judd, Selwood > Murphy, Bartel > Gibbs so yeah fair call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back