Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

So let me get this straight - You want Brisbane to trade #12 for Richard Hadley???
Firstly, it is a proposition to those thinking Carlton get an injured 31 year old with no time left in the game and would be better with the first rounder.

Secondly, read it again, the Lions would also get #15 back so just drop 3 spots in the draft.

Bradshaw would be an outstanding acquisition for Carlton.

Fev is a very good full-forward but that's all he is - a one position player.

Bradshaw would give them far more flexibility than they currently have and with their lack of decent KP players he would be a great get.

If this deal goes through then I reckon Carlton have done well.

As for Brisbane, I can't wait until Fev crashes knee first into Brown's back! :thumbsu:

Yes, two bulls in the one paddock.

Fev's always been the alpha male in the carlton forward line. Will be fascinating to see how he copes with being the No.2 man. Not terribly well, I'd imagine.

Re: Fev for Bradshaw and Rischitelli?

Big winners? Bullshite. If true Carlton get an average mid who has had a couple of shocking years plus a decent forward who is prob in his last year. While Bradshaw is there they have no chance of winning a flag, he will just temporarily band aid the problem of a key forward.

In return, Lions get a combination of the 2 highest goal kickers this year and two of the best three kpf in the comp with Frankin. This could give them a crack at a flag in the next 2 years.

Brisbane HUGE winners.

Oh im sorry Apprentice i didnt realise Nick Riewoldt was a forward flank player.
Some people....

As for the trade, if i were Carlton id be pushing Brennan + Sherman for the drunken wreck.

Alex Fevola doesn't want to leave Melbourne and Fev still prefers Collingwood according to SEN.

Could be the dealbreaker.

I am sure she will leave if it ensures Bwendon has a career. Given the coin he owes to certain establishments it would be folly of her to risk their future.

Fev is significantly better than Bradshaw. I am not too biased to admit that.

Bradshaw is older and is starting to get soft tissue injuries on a distrbing basis.

He's still premium quality, but the clock is ticking for him.

wow.

and fev is okay, the clocks not ticking for him or any issues he may have on or off the field....

poor braddy, given excellent service to our club, and cast away as last nights chip wrapper by club and fans.

Firstly, it is a proposition to those thinking Carlton get an injured 31 year old with no time left in the game and would be better with the first rounder.

Secondly, read it again, the Lions would also get #15 back so just drop 3 spots in the draft.

Am a little surprised Joel Macdonald isn't included in the deal

Bradshaw would give them far more flexibility than they currently have and with their lack of decent KP players he would be a great get.
I hope they park Bradshaw at FF and leave him there quite frankly. I wouldn't want to send him back and have him turning and running and risking injury. We have Waite as our swing man to do that. Bradshaw would hold the fort and teach the others. Seems like a team man whereas Fev is about Fev and owns that forward 50.

If this is actually happen i think Carlton are getting reamed royally..

Surely they would wait until the last day of trading, clubs will never offer the best deal straight up..

Think they are jumping the gun if a deal is to go through tomorrow..

But best of luck to Carlton.. Thinking short term fix, when you should be thinking long term considering your list is young..

Yes, two bulls in the one paddock.

Fev's always been the alpha male in the carlton forward line. Will be fascinating to see how he copes with being the No.2 man. Not terribly well, I'd imagine.

Didn't seem to bother Brereton and Dunstall

I think this will mean Brown get's to push into the proper CHF role

We all know how good Brown is with the flight of the ball - so you'd expect there to be plenty of space in behind a Fev lead

a fevola/brown forward line is a wee bit scary methinks...

brown/bradshaw was scary enough, this takes it to another level

I hope they park Bradshaw at FF and leave him there quite frankly. I wouldn't want to send him back and have him turning and running and risking injury. We have Waite as our swing man to do that. Bradshaw would hold the fort and teach the others. Seems like a team man whereas Fev is about Fev and owns that forward 50.

It's all about flexibility and matchups.

No doubt Bradshaw would be the FF most of the time but there are times and matchups where he'd be useful down back.

For instance, that final where Carlton blew a decent lead. You could never drop Fev back into defence in the final minutes to shut down a game. At least Bradshaw gives you that option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd wait until I saw the details of the trade before coming to that conclusion.

If Brisbane are paying 100% of Fev's contract then I reckon they have done well.

Big winners? Bullshite. If true Carlton get an average mid who has had a couple of shocking years plus a decent forward who is prob in his last year. While Bradshaw is there they have no chance of winning a flag, he will just temporarily band aid the problem of a key forward.

In return, Lions get a combination of the 2 highest goal kickers this year and two of the best three kpf in the comp with Frankin. This could give them a crack at a flag in the next 2 years.

Brisbane HUGE winners.

bradshaw kicked 50 this year with quite a bit of time down back and helped win the final against carlton. he kicked 75 last year in first year back from the acl injury. he also plays quite similarly to fevola - which seems to be a like for like swap for both clubs so game plans won't need to be changed dramatically. also it seems that bradshaw doesn't really have the off field problems that fevola does.

rischitelli - i'm unsure about - his best was quite good - he's hard at the ball and a good tackler. i'm still hoping that he'll get his best form back.

supposedly carlton are happy to pay half of fevola's salary - it could end up being a win win situation but trading somebody who's played over 200 games for the lions doesn't really send a great message to the group in my mind. i'd probably want to swap #47 for #42 as well though for the trade to go through.

you'd think it goes against carlton's stated policy of only picking up players that will be able (in terms of age) to play 100 games for the club. my side is taking a distinctly bulldogs appearance.
Say what?

We will have Bradshaw at 31, Scotland at 29, Houlihan at 28 and then a gap.

Fev at 29 and Stevens at 30 will be gone.

Not sure where you are getting your ideas from. We have lacked experience for far too long in fact. This won't hurt us one iota.

This deal better include Pick 12. At 32 with injury concerns Bradshaw is nothing more than a deal sweetener, and Riskatelli will struggle to get a game in Carlton's midfield...

People need to stop carrying on like Fevola is being traded for reasons other than being a massive boozehound with behavioural issues.

On the plus side, Fev is a head case who is a constant embarrassment, hits the piss at the drop of a hat and has a bottom lip you could sit a cat on.

Bingo.

Fev is 29 soon anyway; so there isn't a massive difference.

He's damaged goods; you aren't trading the Coleman Medalist, you're trading the guy who, yet again, got shit faced and caused problems at an official function.

Surely they would wait until the last day of trading, clubs will never offer the best deal straight up..

Think they are jumping the gun if a deal is to go through tomorrow..

But best of luck to Carlton.. Thinking short term fix, when you should be thinking long term considering your list is young..

Why are you interested in this? You're not involved. Move along.

10 rds into next season and Fev is on 40 goals im sure it will be considered a popular move.

Give me Fev's bung head over Bradshaw's bung knees anyday.
Hell, yeah. Bradshaw is worth about the same as Barry Hall by my reckoning.

As the yanks say: you do the math.

It's all about flexibility and matchups.

No doubt Bradshaw would be the FF most of the time but there are times and matchups where he'd be useful down back.

For instance, that final where Carlton blew a decent lead. You could never drop Fev back into defence in the final minutes to shut down a game. At least Bradshaw gives you that option.
What are you talking about? Fev has played fullback before .... oh right. :D

Everyone is talking about how broken down Bradshaw is and I am mentally wrapping him in cotton wool so he lasts a season. Of course I am forgetting he kicked them to victory in the last quarter of the elimination final right in front of me as I was in the front row, dead centre behind the goals, looking through fingers covering my face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev to lions, Bradshaw + Rischa to blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back