Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

The joyless miser Hawks.

We're a spiteful team at Hawthorn,
we're the joyless miser Hawks.
We stack the backs even when we'll win,
although there's no glory therein. (for Hawthorn)
A goal for Fev we'll keep depriving,
at scragging Fev we'll never baulk.
One for all but all on one's the way we play at Hawthorn,
we are the unAustralian Hawks.

:thumbsu::D

Re: Carlton Supporters Complaining about not gifting Fevola his 100

For starters, it wasn't just Carlton supporters complaining about the Hawthorn tactics - it actually began with Jarrod Molloy and the ABC commentators and the Channel 10 commentators but naturally Carlton fans would feel upset.

Personally, I have no problem with it. Hawthorn and Clarkson cleary wanted to flood back to prevent Fevola getting his 100 goals, that's their perogative.

If Carlton or Fevola weren't good enough to beat the tactic - tough t***ies. Carlton were appalling last night.

Think what you like about Fevola - I have been critical of him - it was still a great effort to kick 99 goals in a 10th placed team. This has been lost a lot in all the negative publicity.

- firstly, this is just not cricket so you're comparing apples to oranges
- Secondly, I've seen a Pakistani player have a shy at the stumps and miss on purpose so Greg Chappell could get his 7000th test run.

He must have had money on it.

Re: Hawthorn fans who actually went to the game

I was hoping Fev kicked one more. Would have been awesome to say you were on the ground when two blokes kicked 100 in one game. Would have not happened for a long time. After all, it was a dead rubber. Defently didn't wanna just hand it too him though, play 1 on 1 and that's it.

No, it's his job.
No it's not. His job is to win the game of footy. To a lesser extent, stop the oppositions avenue to goal. But playing 3-4 guys on Fev when you're 80 points up? Players celebrating like Des Headland kicked a goal from point blank? Unsportsman like. Childish. Petty. Expect that from a guy who is a king hitter.

Re: The joyless miser Hawks.

did you make that up yourself? well done!

Did the players know how much time was left, no. there was still 5 mins. 5 mins could have been enough for fev to win the coleman, the hawks did what they had to do to deprive fev of the coleman, and franklin to win it.

had it been the other way around you woulpdnt have been complaining.

get over it. its football.

oh also, if we are that bad, why did we have 5 on the ben ch in the last 2 minutes:confused:

Things Hawthorn should have done:

a) Handball it to Fev in the dying minutes.

b) Play Sam Mitchell on him.

c) Made a proposal to the AFL that the goal-posts should be widened for the off chance that Fev may kick a poster in addition to 7 goals.

d) Give the forward fifty to him - un-manned.

Probably the funniest few posts in this thread is the 'outrage' over Bateman celebrating when the siren went.

How dare he celebrate an 80 point win, his team playing in the finals next week and a good friend kicking 100?

Wouldn't suprise me if he's dropped for next week.

Yes, Hawthorn were not trying to stop Carlton's only avenue to goal, and keep their performance at a high level, they were purely trying to stop Fevola, that's why they had all 22 players in the back half for the entire last quarter...... and didn't kick any goals ourselves.......

Yes Bateman's great performance on Stevens, and the smashing his team delivered on their opponents would have been way behind the joy he would have received Fevola not getting his 100. The highlight of Bateman's season, was Fevola not getting 100, not that the season is over, and we are entering the finals in second place, and Bateman never ever celebrates wins with emotion.......

Huh? Your post seems to be a blend of sarcasm and actuality and I cannot make head nor tails of it.

Please tell me in simple words why Bateman punched the air when the siren went?

I thought the hawks out manouvered the carlton attack all night - not just in the last quater.

Fev had 21 other games to kick another goal - blaming Hawthorn for 20mins of a season is pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what Hawthorn games people have been watching but the tactics in the last quarter were the same they have used all year. They always push numbers back heavily in the back 50. Carlton tried to clear out the 50 meaning the Hawks players who got back were left with only Fev as the forward to defend.

Be honest, for those Hawks fan who actually went to the game did you want Fevola to kick one more?

Every Hawthorn supporter around me was on the edge of there seats in hope Fev could nail his 100th and be apart of history.

Logging onto Bigfooty this morning and browsing a few threads i havent seen one Hawks supporter admit they wanted fev to kick his tonne. Bitter that you weren't there to be apart of history perhaps?

Now my opinion on the dieing minute tactics made by the hawks is that i think its a dog act, i didn't expect Fevola to be gifted a goal by the Hawks but give him a even contest at it. We played one on one with Buddy all night.

<editing this out, i still hope karma finds a way back to clarkson...just not in a physical manor>
I think you guys received some karma. For years you have been a cheating mess. If you want to speak about dogs look at your so called Fev. On the piss he is the biggest drop kick on earth. I had first hand experience with him and Gherig. So suck it up you whingers and build on your season this year and look forward to improving even more that you have.

I was hoping Fev would get it at the end as the night would have been even more memorable. Part of me was waiting for the umpire to grant a free so he could kick it after the siren. That said, I didn't want it gifted to him and he had to earn it, and earn it as he would have every other goal he got in the year, through a resisting defense.

He did well to get so close, given the target set for the day, and it was unfortunate for the guy to finish so close. He had his chances throughout the year, though, and I can't understand why the onus is on the opposition in the last ten minutes of the last quarter of the last game to make it in any way easier. It was good enough for Longmire to finish two short of the ton, so it's good enough for Fev to have his unique piece of history at ninety-nine.

So let me get this straight.

Your question is, why did a player celebrate - after the siren had gone - and his team had thumped the opposition?

:eek:

My question relates to that specific instant of why Chance Batemen punched the air instantaneously after the siren had went. Akin to how players celebrate when they have one by point, not when the result was known before quarter time and when the result had no bearing on their finals chances.

Does Bateman react like that to all wins? Or does he have some fetish for sirens?

Obviously some of the people on this thread had a very big night on the turps last night and killed one too many brain cells. The issue is not that Hawthorn should have been given Fev the goal. The issue is that Roughhead and other Hawthorn players should not have gone down to the backline to flood when you are so far in front. If you looked at the Hawthorn forward line for the last three minutes there were no Hawthorn players.

Fev should have been made to earn his 100 but Hawthorn should have played the situation exactly the same way if Fev was on 50 goals.

Be honest, for those Hawks fan who actually went to the game did you want Fevola to kick one more?

Every Hawthorn supporter around me was on the edge of there seats in hope Fev could nail his 100th and be apart of history.

Logging onto Bigfooty this morning and browsing a few threads i havent seen one Hawks supporter admit they wanted fev to kick his tonne. Bitter that you weren't there to be apart of history perhaps?

Now my opinion on the dieing minute tactics made by the hawks is that i think its a dog act, i didn't expect Fevola to be gifted a goal by the Hawks but give him a even contest at it. We played one on one with Buddy all night.

<editing this out, i still hope karma finds a way back to clarkson...just not in a physical manor>
Bahahaha this is gold.
How precious is this argument? "Buddy kicked his tonne against us therefore it's only fair you should have let Fev kick his". He's had 21 other games to kick 1 more goal, and he would be on 100 if he didn't have so many brain farts this year.
And how is Hawk supporters 'admitting' they wanted him to kick it relevant at all?

It's football. Since when is this shit fair? The cold, hard truth for you kids is Fev needed to earn it. He didn't.

Fev should have been made to earn his 100 but Hawthorn should have played the situation exactly the same way if Fev was on 50 goals.

This is what most people are failing to realise.

When Carltons' gameplan was 'Kick it to Fev', what else should the coaching staff have done other than putting more players on Fev?

Play him one out with Croad in the fifty?

Obviously some of the people on this thread had a very big night on the turps last night and killed one too many brain cells. The issue is not that Hawthorn should have been given Fev the goal. The issue is that Roughhead and other Hawthorn players should not have gone down to the backline to flood when you are so far in front. If you looked at the Hawthorn forward line for the last three minutes there were no Hawthorn players.

Where's the Carlton Arrogance gone? I thought it had returned, but instead you're expecting a handout. Harden up! Fev wasn't good enough.

My question relates to that specific instant of why Chance Batemen punched the air instantaneously after the siren had went. Akin to how players celebrate when they have one by point, not when the result was known before quarter time and when the result had no bearing on their finals chances.

Does Bateman react like that to all wins? Or does he have some fetish for sirens?

Are you for real?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back