Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Carlton Supporters Complaining about not gifting Fevola his 100

Obviously some of the people on this thread had a very big night on the turps last night and killed one too many brain cells. The issue is not that Hawthorn should have been given Fev the goal. The issue is that Roughhead and other Hawthorn players should not have gone down to the backline to flood when you are so far in front. If you looked at the Hawthorn forward line for the last three minutes there were no Hawthorn players.

Fev should have been made to earn his 100 but Hawthorn should have played the situation exactly the same way if Fev was on 50 goals.

Why ?

Did anyone see Chance Bateman's celebration when the siren went? Jumped into the air like they had just won by under a goal. This showed to me that the hawks were pretty keen to not let Fev get his 100. Might have been their focus for the last term to keep them motivated.
Or was it because it a great win just before the eve of finals footy? Idiot.

Obviously some of the people on this thread had a very big night on the turps last night and killed one too many brain cells. The issue is not that Hawthorn should have been given Fev the goal. The issue is that Roughhead and other Hawthorn players should not have gone down to the backline to flood when you are so far in front. If you looked at the Hawthorn forward line for the last three minutes there were no Hawthorn players.

Fev should have been made to earn his 100 but Hawthorn should have played the situation exactly the same way if Fev was on 50 goals.

:confused: Hawthorn can play the game any damn way they want to just as any other side can.
To be honest this whining and moaning from Carlton is no surprise they have been making fools of themselves on a regular basis for years now but this takes the cake.
It affirms my statement that Carlton supporters on average are truly the dumbest supporter group in the AFL.

Re: The joyless miser Hawks.

Did the players know how much time was left, no. there was still 5 mins. 5 mins could have been enough for fev to win the coleman, the hawks did what they had to do to deprive fev of the coleman, and franklin to win it.
Yes, because Fev was going to kick 6 goals in the last 5 mins and take the COleman off buddy. Eeeediot.

Who gives a flying **** about Fev getting his 100.

I'd be more concerned about developing/finding another forward. I'd rather Fev kicked 70 and a couple of others kicked 40. We aren't going to be successful with such a one dimensional forward line.

I'd be more concerned about developing/finding another forward. I'd rather Fev kicked 70 and a couple of others kicked 40. We aren't going to be successful with such a one dimensional forward line.

Nice one. :thumbsu:

Great to see a true Carlton fan as opposed to all the sooks.

Did anyone see Chance Bateman's celebration when the siren went? Jumped into the air like they had just won by under a goal. This showed to me that the hawks were pretty keen to not let Fev get his 100. Might have been their focus for the last term to keep them motivated.

Yeah i thought that was poor form. Who celebrates like that after a 80 point thumping? Clearly happy with himself for denying Fev the 100.

Note: I have no issues with the way the Hawks played (except for that brief loose in defence carp they tried when 70 point up).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing if is Fevola hadn't sooked at times during this year, and played every game at 100% he would have got there on his own merits. But typical small minded Carlton supporters think its just the Hawthorn side who finished 2nd on the ladder with a heavily minded defenisve game plan, that is to blame for this disgrace that Fevola is left on 99 goals. How dare we.

The Carlton supporters having a go at Hawthorn for sportsmanship, is so hypocritical for so many different reasons, a lot of opposition fans find it pretty funny.

I would have thought Fevola's reaction when Gibbs snapped through a goal would be a far worse sportsman like act, than anything Hawthorn did. He was angry the ball wasn't given to him, even though his team had kicked a goal. Probably evident of the difference between the two attitudes of both teams. Hawthorn doing the best they could for their team, Fevola doing the best he could for himself. Which is more in the spirit of our game?

The reason I can't stand the Carlton supporter's reaction, is that the Hawks pumped them, outplayed them, played a style they couldn't handle, and their only reaction is, "why couldn't you let Fevola get 100, disgraceful"

I hate this reaction, cause there were so many good things to take out of the game. Buddy's 100 to start with, who has to deal with 2-3-4 opponents every week with no favours from the umpires.

Also the way Hawthorn completely outplayed Carlton, who weren't good enough, and have missed out for finals again. But no, that evil Hawthorn coach, what a disgrace......

We do play unsociable football, we don't give the opposition an inch, and nice guys finish last. This is AFL football, we didn't cheat, we didn't overpay our players to win premierships, we played a game style that didn't let our opponents gain an inch, a style that let our player kick 100, and yours can get stuffed. Probably why we finished second on the ladder.

I'd be more concerned about finishing an OK season with an 80 point pumping against a side who was already guaranteed number 2 spot on the ladder...

I know of a 40+ goal a year forward from the West that Carlton have their eye on ;). Despite his best chances of staying, WCE havnt shown any indication that they want to keep him.

Can never win with Carlton supporters. They acheive heaps in 08, their forward gets to 99 goals in a season, and their still not happy. Still looking for someone else to blame for their **** ups..
What if we had given Fev the 100th goal? They'd be gloating about whos the better forward and still find an excuse as to why Fev is better..

End of the day, Fev derailed under pressure. Still not happy with 7 goals against 2nd best side in the comp.

WD Carlton. Really shown the level of maturity on these forums with your very blatant public outcry!

Re: Hawthorn fans who actually went to the game

Got no problems with it whatsoever. If our midfield was good enough we would have got on top in that area and delivered to Fev more cleanly. It's a team game for a reason, not charity.

Nothing in it.....play on.

Cast your mind back to the Carlton v Bulldogs game a few weeks ago...Fev has the ball 35m out directly infront getting ready for a set shot. Then he tries to be a hero and deliberately bumps into Brian Harris and gets the ball taken off him.

EXACTLY!

I've had people going to me "but he should get it next year" and my response to them is "I ****ing hope we don't go to him as many times as we did this year! We need more forward options to truly become a good team".

Unfortunately Fev missed his chance and like he said, it's a team game so hopefully we can now go on about developing a proper forward line rather than going to one-man yet again next year.

Go Carlton!

And how dare Hawthorn tag Judd too - that could cost him precious brownlow votes! :mad: Shame Hawthorn, shame :D

Cast your mind back to the Carlton v Bulldogs game a few weeks ago...Fev has the ball 35m out directly infront getting ready for a set shot. Then he tries to be a hero and deliberately bumps into Brian Harris and gets the ball taken off him.

And there's your 100th goal.

he has himself to blame for not reaching this individual milestone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back