Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Carlton Supporters Complaining about not gifting Fevola his 100

What I want to know is, during the the 1st three quarters of footy there was no one in front of fev, just him and Croad one on one, was til he was a real chance of getting the ton did they drop the players back. And walking the ball over the line in the last minute of the game, being 13 goals up, that wasnt in the spirit of the game, but hay, its in the rules, so good luck to you. I for one was on the Hawks bandwagon for the final, i respected the way you guys went about it til 3 minutes to go, i had Geelong as the most arrogant side in the comp, now they are a distant 2nd, go Doggies!

What I want to know is, during the the 1st three quarters of footy there was no one in front of fev, just him and Croad one on one, was til he was a real chance of getting the ton did they drop the players back. And walking the ball over the line in the last minute of the game, being 13 goals up, that wasnt in the spirit of the game, but hay, its in the rules, so good luck to you. I for one was on the Hawks bandwagon for the final, i respected the way you guys went about it til 3 minutes to go, i had Geelong as the most arrogant side in the comp, now they are a distant 2nd, go Doggies!
hahahahahha a carlton fan calling other fans arrogant hahahhaha

The spirit of the game???? what exactly is the "spirit of the gamne"? To allow opposition players to kick goals? Grow up will you?

This is supposed to be professional sport, where you have to earn your personal glories. Hawthorn owed it to the football world to make it as difficult as possible to kick that 100th goal, not easy.

I don't remember anyone just standing by and allowing Dunstall or Hudson their 100th goal. They had to earn it. Can you imagine if Hawthorn DID make it easy for him? In years to come everyone would say, "But Fevola didn't really earn it".

I can just imagine Clarko saying to his players, "Hey guys, forget the fact this is competitive sport, forget the fact that Carlton are the opposition, forget the fact we have finals next week and have to fine tune our defence, forget all that. If Fevola gets to 99 goals, let's all form a corridor down the middle of the ground to allow Carlton to do what they like, and the hell with anyone who bet against him getting the 100, and to hell with all those great forwards of the past who actually had to earn their 100 goal milestone".

I am willing to bet if Hawthorn didn't play it the way they did, they still would have been slammed by the media.

I am totally fed up with my club being criticised when they haven't done anything wrong!!!

But Hawthorn didn't fine tune their defence they just flooded it. I wouldn't expect them to do that for the finals series.

I couldn't give a rat's is Fev got his hundred or not but as a neutral supporter I couldn't see under what sort of scenario Hawthorn would employ those sort of tactics again. I also couldn't see the point to it considering how far in front they were.

Perhaps Carlton could have flooded their backline and just concentrated on stopping Buddy and let everyone else kick goals.

Actually there were players peeling off their opponents all game to get in Fev's path just as there were Carlton players doing the same to Buddy.

Blaming Hawthorn for his lack of 100 is the most idiotic and immature thing I have heard in a while ... there are 22 games in a season ... more than enough time to earn 100 without expecting gifted goals ...

What I want to know is, during the the 1st three quarters of footy there was no one in front of fev, just him and Croad one on one, was til he was a real chance of getting the ton did they drop the players back.
Eh? Hodge was dropping off Cloke to get in front of Fev all night. In the last when Hodge was benched, Guerra did similar. It was winning the ball and quick ball movement that got Fev one out against Croad, not any largesse from our side.

hahahahahha a carlton fan calling other fans arrogant hahahhaha
Mate, no once did i say Hawks fans are arrogant, all the Hawthorn supporters around our area were booing too, the only ones cheering were the drunk yobbos up the back, was that you?

Eh? Hodge was dropping off Cloke to get in front of Fev all night. In the last when Hodge was benched, Guerra did similar. It was winning the ball and quick ball movement that got Fev one out against Croad, not any largesse from our side.
I was pretty sure there was more then one in the last 5 minutes.

Actually there were players peeling off their opponents all game to get in Fev's path just as there were Carlton players doing the same to Buddy.

Blaming Hawthorn for his lack of 100 is the most idiotic and immature thing I have heard in a while ... there are 22 games in a season ... more than enough time to earn 100 without expecting gifted goals ...
All i was pointing out was the hawks change of tactics in the last 5 minutes thats all, Out of Fevs 99 he probably didnt earn 20 of them, and looking at the frees Buddy gets i reckon there would be at least 20 he didnt deserve either.

What a pathetic attitude from some Carlton supporters :rolleyes:

You get nothing for free from the opposition (except four points if you play the cheating rabble - :p).

Well done Franklin and Hawthorn. Fully deserved. Suck it up Fevola abd Carlton - handout kings who think they have a birthright to special treatment.

As i said you get nothing for free. if for example the Saints had a beauty today and were 80 points up on Essendon with10 minutes to go (they need a 94 point win to get into the top four) I would expect nothing more of Essendon to go out of their way to foil the Saints and flood like crazy.

You earn what you get in the AFl (unless you are Sydney) and you dont just get it handed to you.

Unfortunatley this attituded and culture is the reason Carlton supporters are so mocked and disrespected by the rest of the football community.

Re: Hawthorn fans who actually went to the game

Be honest, for those Hawks fan who actually went to the game did you want Fevola to kick one more?

Every Hawthorn supporter around me was on the edge of there seats in hope Fev could nail his 100th and be apart of history.

Logging onto Bigfooty this morning and browsing a few threads i havent seen one Hawks supporter admit they wanted fev to kick his tonne. Bitter that you weren't there to be apart of history perhaps?

Now my opinion on the dieing minute tactics made by the hawks is that i think its a dog act, i didn't expect Fevola to be gifted a goal by the Hawks but give him a even contest at it. We played one on one with Buddy all night.

<editing this out, i still hope karma finds a way back to clarkson...just not in a physical manor>
lol most overused superlative on Bigfooty :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see anyone complain last week when Glass was holding and scragging Buddy with no free kicks.

Hawthorn didn't do either of those things to Fevola.

Personally I wanted Fev to get the 100 but I also had it in the back of mind when Fev was asked about Buddy kicking the 6 needed against the eagles and he said... probably will kick 2.8 or something.

Fev probably regrets the comment, but hopefully this'll inspire him to get the 100 next year. More chasing, more team oriented stuff and some finals and he'll get it for sure.

Re: A Letter to Alastair Clarkson an Hawthorn.

The game was over at 1/2 time. Alastair wanted Roughhead to learn about defending in their back 1/2. No big deal. If Fevola didnt get stage fright & shank his few kicks he would have got the ton.

The hawks will smash the bulldogs. They are nothing more than front running pretenders.....Hawthorn will get their just deserts when they face the Cats.

As for clarkson he is nothing more than a cheap sniper. remember The Oval '87'.

The game was over at 1/2 time. Alastair wanted Roughhead to learn about defending in their back 1/2. No big deal. If Fevola didnt get stage fright & shank his few kicks he would have got the ton.
Correct. Fev hasn't kicked a point all year. His first shot at goal from 40 that hit the post was the biggest shank of the season.

and. its a d on the end.

ps. 100 goals is celebrated because its an achievement not just something you let a bloke do because your mum said it would be nice.

Putting players back in front of fev was a disgrace
Agreed, Hawthorn should have refused to win the game as well. They had nothing to play for and they still go out and try to win? What's up with that? They should be ashamed (Port and Freo too).

Franklin should be stripped of the Coleman, and Fev should get the Brownlow too, and a national holiday named in his honour.

fact is, fev didnt deserve the 100, so why should the hawks give it to him on a platter. he had his own team trying to do that for a half

and we dont want you going for us doggies this week, take the september off that your so used to down carlton way

If Fev was just handed the tonne on a silver platter by the Hawks, wouldn't that cheapen the achievement? I mean, Carlton were going to Fev at every possible stage, and as would be the case with any other player who was a team's only inside 50 target, he was double teamed.

Fev has had his chances, whether it be early last night or at various stages in the season. He didn't make it, and that's bad luck, but there's really no need to go overboard.

He wasn't trying to stop Fev. He was trying to stop Carlton from scoring goals and it just so happened that all they were doing was looking for Fev. Ya know trying to stop the other team scoring thats usually an objective of the opposition coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola 99 Merged Threads - The whinges, the hate, the commiserations and congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back