Fevola: The Real Story

Remove this Banner Ad

what i dont get is, if this happened on brownlow night. Why did she not report it to the police that night or the next day.

Why today has it come out. strange all round imo.

Most women who are sexually assaulted or harrassed don't speak about it for quite some time ..... and many of the ignorant posters in this forum have shown us exactly why.

If she comes forward, as f*$ked up as it is, it will without doubt hinder her career. She is a woman working in a mans world, and unfotunately, that's the way it goes.

what i dont get is, if this happened on brownlow night. Why did she not report it to the police that night or the next day.

Why today has it come out. strange all round imo.

Vex.com (?) told the story yesterday, so the Hun certainly wasn't going to miss out on a major story when its reporter was at the heart of it. In a sense their hand was forced - probably just what they wanted.

What sort of employer doesn't immediately investigate claims of sexual assult against an employee at an official function representing their organisation?

When you consider that same organisation has recently been at the centre of a nationally reported story involving similiar incidents you really have to question the judgement and ethics of those running that organistaion.
Who said they didn't? If the woman herself wont make a complaint and does not want to be identified what do you want them to do?

I don't know how anyone could defend Fev in this instance. She has walked into the toilet to take a pee and he has jumped on her. As a man, if I walked into the toilet to have a slash and someone leapt on me I'd be pissed.

Most women who are sexually assaulted or harrassed don't speak about it for quite some time ..... and many of the ignorant posters in this forum have shown us exactly why.

If she comes forward, as f*$ked up as it is, it will without doubt hinder her career. She is a woman working in a mans world, and unfotunately, that's the way it goes.

Exactly. Remember Helen Garner's book, The First Stone? However women try to deal with harassment of this nature, they're usually in a lose-lose position.

she works for the ame news outlet that was forthing at the mouth with all the fev stuff. i just dont get it. she is a strong women, she would have had huge browny points at her work about this. would have sold lots of copy.

and sexually assaulted imo is not being touched. i am a women, and you go to these functions with drunk men and woemn and that happens. go to the pub on a weekend the same happens.
then she should have spoken up.why all of a sudden today, when he is off loaded to another state....

it seems odd to me. thats all.

What on earth is going through your head????

Unsolicited touching is a criminal act, and to make matters even worse she was working. Women should not have to fear being touched up by ignorant men who think 'it's no big deal' and apparently an entitlement - especially in the work place.

And let me assure you - IT IS A BIG DEAL.

Next thing we know the acceptable defence in a court of law will be 'but i was just flirting with her' ........ 'ah right, we didn't know, on your way then, sorry to have wasted your time'

I interpret this as something like grabbing someone from behind that you've never met and copping a feel. If that's what Fev did, OK.

However, surely you can admit there is a massive grey area. Even though I, and everyone has in the end it's hard to comment without knowing the exact dynamics of the situation.

she works for the ame news outlet that was forthing at the mouth with all the fev stuff. i just dont get it. she is a strong women, she would have had huge browny points at her work about this. would have sold lots of copy.

and sexually assaulted imo is not being touched. i am a women, and you go to these functions with drunk men and woemn and that happens. go to the pub on a weekend the same happens.
then she should have spoken up.why all of a sudden today, when he is off loaded to another state....

it seems odd to me. thats all.

You don't know where she was touched and in what manner. I am a strong independant women, but when a female is alone in a bathroom with a 100kg very drunk man coming at her, it would without doubt be very intimidating!

A society that looks to blame an innocent victim is a disgrace!! Have a long hard think about that.

And by the way ....... she didn't speak for the first time today, she spoke of it much earlier, and people have known about this for some time, the press only released it today. Do your research.

Carlton has known about these alleged incidents, so has the afl and her employer and her way BEFORE TODAY.
the deal was sown up this morning and irrespective , why the delay ? why wasnt he suspended ? why didnt the afl step in ? why didnt her employer do more to have him charged and or suspended ?
She has to make a complaint to have him charged,and same for the AFL to investigate,her employer can't make it happen. At the moment she does not want to persue it,but apparently her employer and friends have been encouraging her to come forward. If she does,it's goodbye Fev.

I interpret this as something like grabbing someone from behind that you've never met and copping a feel. If that's what Fev did, OK.

However, surely you can admit there is a massive grey area. Even though I, and everyone has in the end it's hard to comment without knowing the exact dynamics of the situation.

You would grab someone you don't know from behind and 'cop a feel'????

OMG what is wrong with this country. I really think you should take the time to sit down and watch the episode of insight on consent. It seems to be a word you're not yet familiar with, but i strongly urge you to look into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You condone this?

I reckon this is the big issue here. "Copping a feel" is not ok! :thumbsdown:

I'm saying OK, I agree, that's inappropriate. Someone who is not expecting it, who does not know you, & your touching a 'private' area, there's no way to condone it.

My point, however is that 'touching' is never, or very rarely explicitly solicited. And how often do two people, at the exact same time decide to hug? There is nearly always one person pressing for contact.

There is a huge grey area.

There is no doubt that their are a lot of people at fault
1/ Fevola - disgaraceful
2/ My beloved Blues- did what they thought they had to do for the club- but very poorly handled. The Kernahan press conference was unbelievable.
3/ The Media- they knew about this but they all sat on it for some reason i am yet to fully understand.
4/ The AFL knew about it as well and seemed happy to do nothing.

A very sad affair. Fev deserves to be de-registered but the Lions do not deserve to suffer the consequences. Where to now?

summed up beautifully, credit to you for not blindly defending your club.

I'm saying OK, I agree, that's inappropriate. Someone who is not expecting it, who does not know you, & your touching a 'private' area, there's no way to condone it.

My point, however is that 'touching' is never, or very rarely explicitly solicited. And how often do two people, at the exact same time decide to hug? There is nearly always one person pressing for contact.

There is a huge grey area.

And this is why you really need to learn about consent, it's not always verbal.

Please, please, please watch Insight, it sounds like it would really help you and the girls you cross paths with.

Is it a football club or a church? What self respecting club would trade for him? Also,all clubs have psychologists,even Carlton.:thumbsdown:

I was simply making the point that all players see their psychologist on a weekly basis. Its a football club that teaches players the correct way to live in society so they can reach their potential on and off the football ground. I dont see anything religious about that.

Bless u my son.

Typical Carlton dealing, they sat on their hands when told about this (Kernahan practically said as much), and have now passed him on to our hands.

I'd hope the details were not kept from us at the trade table, otherwise this could end up very nasty, very quickly.

Speaks volumes of the morals of the footballing media in Melbourne too, this alone needs investigating.

Are you living in Afghanistan ??? the whole football world has been buzzing with these allegations for the last month or so ..If the Lions are too stupid to investigate then they only have themselves to blame ..but i think you will find that Vossy knew all about it and wanted Fev regardless.
Well he got him .

The biggest thing counting against Fev in all of this is his well documented 'state'. Hard to defend a guy that looked out of control

My bad. I understand your point.

summed up beautifully, credit to you for not blindly defending your club.

I'm still struggling with the concept that Carlton fans don't think it was necessary for the club to form their own investigations into the incident.They feel that because they traded him on they are not responsible or involved in what has happened and subsequently transpired .

It's honestly dumbfounding that they could be so blind about the whole thing (with the exception of a couple). After all their attempts at trying to rebuild culture and gain back respect they seem to have take 2 giant leaps backwards with this "we are no longer involved" and "what good would an investigation of made?".

:confused::confused::confused:

And this is why you really need to learn about consent, it's not always verbal.

Please, please, please watch Insight, it sounds like it would really help you and the girls you cross paths with.

Haha. Another woman expecting us to be mind readers.

You think there is some kind of objective way to read body language? I'm not autistic & can interpret it correctly the vast majority of the time, but it's still ultimately vague and easily misread.

Expecting people to pick up non verbal cues for consent 100 times out of 100 is stupidity.

Are you living in Afghanistan ??? the whole football world has been buzzing with these allegations for the last month or so ..If the Lions are too stupid to investigate then they only have themselves to blame ..but i think you will find that Vossy knew all about it and wanted Fev regardless.
Well he got him .

except the whole football world does not mean its in the media and out in general society does it. and to be honest players in meblourne are harrasssed by the media and fans, Who would be one in the goldfish bowl that is Vic.

the brownlow was not a month ago by the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola: The Real Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back