Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fevola to become a Swan - ROK and Everitt to become Blues!

Look back at Premiership sides over the years and you will find that those with elite midfields and not forwards are those that win flags.....

Geelong: Ablett, Bartell, Corey, Selwood, Ling etc
Hawks: Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge
Lions: Voss, Akermanis, Black, Lappin

The list goes on....
As we whitnessed on Saturday, having a dominant forward does not promise you the riches and spoils of winning a flag.

Hmm.. err no

Lions: Brown & Lynch
Hawks: Franklin & Roughead
Geelong (to a lesser extent but certainly better than Carlton's): Mooney & Hawkins

The Sydney deal will fall over.Carlton need a first round pick and developing young forward. Roos has already said no way to the first pick so it will not happen.

The only teams that will benifit from picking up Fev would be Dogs Adelaide and i hate to say it Collingwood

Collingwood, hate to say it, could offer pick 14 and Reid/ Dawes/ Brown
I think a quality player and pick 22 would be enough to take Fev.
It's not like he wants to go, if he leaves, he's being kicked out of the club.

It's not like Burgoyne at all. Carlton will trade Fev for the best available response if that's the path they take.

He signed a 3 year deal but that means nothing except that he cant leave for nothing via the draft!

There are a number of players who leave clubs while contracted, the only difference being is that the nominated club who take up the traded player must honor the existing contract terms as far as payment goes, or part thereof with the balance being payed by the club the player is leaving.

I know this will be difficult for you to understand being a collingwood supported and you dont seem to be able to trade for any players of substance where this would come into affect, and your small peanut size brain may also have trouble distinguishing any word's written that have more than two syllables in them.

But good luck to you.......

I know the name of a good dentist should you need it (we all know you do)!:thumbsu:

lol your an idiot mate.
well if ROK does go to carlton good luck fitting some of the payments of the 2 year contract he has left with sydney under ur cap! plus whatever his payments will be with the blues!

btw no need to offend me with your typical collingwood insults! all i questioned was ROKs contract length that is all!

Hmm.. err no

Lions: Brown & Lynch
Hawks: Franklin & Roughead
Geelong (to a lesser extent but certainly better than Carlton's): Mooney & Hawkins

again someone not taking the time to read my post correctly!

I stated A power forward.....not multiple forward options!

and lets look at it

2009 - Mooney - 10 disposals 5 marks 2 goals - Hawkins - 8 disposals 2 marks 2 goals.........average output at best

2008 - Franklin - 12 disposals 4 marks 2 goals - Roughhead - 8 disposals 2 marks 2 goals.........average at best

2004 - Brown - 13 disposals 6 marks 0 goals - Bradshaw - 13 disposals 11 marks 3 goals.....Bradshaw was servicable

Forwards do not win Flags!!!!! Midfields and defences win flags!

IF Collingwood can make the eight with Anthony and Cloke, we'll have no problem making it with Carlos and Waite.

Which young key forwards do Carlton have that can actually come close to kicking at least 50 goals?

Certainly not Carlos, he is mid 20s and probably has never kicked over 15 goals for a season. Waite is needed everywhere it seems to plug holes.

It's not Cam Cloke.

It's not Brad Fisher.

It's not Adam Hartlett.

It can't be Josh Kennedy as he is no longer there.

Is there actually any young key forward options on the Carlton list?

Face facts, Carlton face a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

No Fev = no finals for Blues.

Which young key forwards do Carlton have that can actually come close to kicking at least 50 goals?

Certainly not Carlos, he is mid 20s and probably has never kicked over 15 goals for a season. Waite is needed everywhere it seems to plug holes.

It's not Cam Cloke.

It's not Brad Fisher.

It's not Adam Hartlett.

All this post tells me is that we could secure pick #2 for Fev and still f*#k it up. Thanks Daisy .

Fev stays unless a suitable (read ROK) trade can be arranged.

It's not Cam Cloke.

It's not Brad Fisher.

It's not Adam Hartlett.

If Carlton do end up trading Brendan Fevola, I can see Jarrad Waite kick 50+ goals for them next season, providing he stays injury free. He is a ready-made replacement for Fevola, if they decide to trade Fev.

Fev,191cm,100kg 29yrs old in 2010,86 goals kicked in 2009:thumbsu:
ROK 188cm,90kg,29 yrs old in 2010,13 goals kicked in 2009:thumbsdown:

Doesnt quite suit me in comparison:rolleyes:

Besides the fact ROK played midfield all year...

West Coast can afford Fev...:thumbsu:...Judd may have to open up a division of Visy out West just to be rid of Fev ....Hansen & McKinnley to Carlton... ;)....Carlton realise they wont win a flag with Fev at the club...Good player but his tenure is over......:rolleyes:

It's not Cam Cloke.

It's not Brad Fisher.

It's not Adam Hartlett.

You are right none of those players have performed anywhere near the level to warrant a constant place. But consider:

• The ball is almost always headed Fev's direction, other leading forwards barely get a look in, and when they do Fev isn't happy
  • A combination of scoring options may improve Carlton's forward line, develop greater team play, more even spread of goalscorers, look at the Western Bulldogs who have the highest scoring team in the league. They could improve with a good FF but don't need it to win a premiership
  • Having Cam Cloke play a permenant forward role would no doubt improve him. When he has come into the Carlton team of late he has been required as a temp ruckmen as well as second tall. He has a good marking ability and strong physicality like Cam Mooney, if he brought other forwards into the play he would be very valuable
  • Carlton has a very good list in terms of smaller forwards/mids in the league. Murphy/Betts/Simpson are established and Yarran and Gartlett are improving (Simpson plays an outside role so doesn't get in front of goal a lot, can be very useful when is) they will all add to the goals total
  • Waite is unlikely to be a permenant tall, rather a swingman, despite this he was third in goal scoring for Carlton before he got injured in round 9, he had 10 goals, by that rate he could of scored 25-30 before the year was out, probably more
  • Setanta picked up some form as CHF culminating in the Freo game where he kicked 4 and got some brownlow votes. Unfortunatlyy Fev crashed into him in the same game he missed the next week with that and from then on with a leg injury, could of ended up with 15-20 for the year

Tasty proposition

Paul Roos on TEN news said it was "Unlikely, as we're looking other players like Seaby".

Sounds like poker. He's not likely to say.., hell yeah we're interested. We'll even pay over the odds. Instead he says we're interested in a spud ruckman that couldn't get a game for a bottom 8 side.

You would think Fev is wanted as he would be a crowd puller, but the swans have shown with Hall that they have strict discipline and they may have a no d**khead policy.

Look back at Premiership sides over the years and you will find that those with elite midfields and not forwards are those that win flags.....

Geelong: Ablett, Bartell, Corey, Selwood, Ling etc
Hawks: Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge
Lions: Voss, Akermanis, Black, Lappin

The list goes on....
As we whitnessed on Saturday, having a dominant forward does not promise you the riches and spoils of winning a flag.

U don't think Buddy and Roughead are elite forwards?
What about Brown/Bradshaw/Lynch? All hacks?

I do agree in principal though. Geelong's 2 premierships and the Eagles recent premiership were won without elite forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He signed a 3 year deal but that means nothing except that he cant leave for nothing via the draft!

He signed a 4 year deal, so if you want to go around quoting facts and making out that you have the inside word on this story, at least get your facts right on this detail considering O'Keefe's deal is backended in a major way in the 3rd and 4th years of the deal when he is eligable to go onto the Swans Veterans List in those years along with Adam Goodes who is eligable from this year.

Also its one thing to suggest we have salary cap room because of our retirements, but remember we just resigned players to new contracts off their base rookie contracts (White, Vez, Grundy, Bird, Jack) and given new larger contracts to McVeigh and Jude Bolton to new contracts, won't have anyone on the Veterans List next season and have made a bigger than normal offer to Mark Seaby.

Plus of the retiring players two come off the veterans list so only half their contracts count and in Leo Barry's case he was on a lower base 1 year contract in 2009. So any savings, salary cap wise have already been eaten into. So don't just assume we can fit Fevola contract into our Salary Cap for next season, let alone long term when it gets back ended, because we have already planned ahead and made our trade targets for next week.

All this post tells me is that we could secure pick #2 for Fev and still f*#k it up. Thanks Daisy .

Fev stays unless a suitable (read ROK) trade can be arranged.

Chris Yarran chosen over Daniel Rich board champ.

As for the part in bold, no shit genius. As I said, "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

No Fev 2010 and beyond = no finals.

If Carlton do end up trading Brendan Fevola, I can see Jarrad Waite kick 50+ goals for them next season, providing he stays injury free. He is a ready-made replacement for Fevola, if they decide to trade Fev.

He is not the "ready-made" gun forward replacement. He was a forward very early in his career and looked like nothing more than a 3rd tall. Since his move to CHB he has become a star. As I said, seems the Blues need this man everywhere to plug holes, however, a proven goalkicker he is not, especially to replace an AA powerhouse FF.

You are right none of those players have performed anywhere near the level to warrant a constant place. But consider:

• The ball is almost always headed Fev's direction, other leading forwards barely get a look in, and when they do Fev isn't happy
  • A combination of scoring options may improve Carlton's forward line, develop greater team play, more even spread of goalscorers, look at the Western Bulldogs who have the highest scoring team in the league. They could improve with a good FF but don't need it to win a premiership
  • Having Cam Cloke play a permenant forward role would no doubt improve him. When he has come into the Carlton team of late he has been required as a temp ruckmen as well as second tall. He has a good marking ability and strong physicality like Cam Mooney, if he brought other forwards into the play he would be very valuable
  • Carlton has a very good list in terms of smaller forwards/mids in the league. Murphy/Betts/Simpson are established and Yarran and Gartlett are improving (Simpson plays an outside role so doesn't get in front of goal a lot, can be very useful when is) they will all add to the goals total
  • Waite is unlikely to be a permenant tall, rather a swingman, despite this he was third in goal scoring for Carlton before he got injured in round 9, he had 10 goals, by that rate he could of scored 25-30 before the year was out, probably more
  • Setanta picked up some form as CHF culminating in the Freo game where he kicked 4 and got some brownlow votes. Unfortunatlyy Fev crashed into him in the same game he missed the next week with that and from then on with a leg injury, could of ended up with 15-20 for the year

I understand what you are saying. No doubt the Blues can/need to find other avenues to goal, particularly if Fev is gone.

However, he is not as replaceable as you think.

He kicked 80 odd goals this season and almost every year. Your next best is 30s. You have promising small forwards like Yarran, Gartlett and Betts developing, however, you don't have the medium HFF like Chapman, Didak, Johnson, Medhurst etc that can perhaps take some pressure off Fev because these players have overhead marking ability. The Carlton smalls do not.

I wouldn't be pinning my hopes of Setanta or Cam Cloke being the #1 forwards in the team. They are role players but focal points they are not.

I just can't see how Carlton can entertain the idea of trading away the most important player on the list.

Brendan Fevola Stupid Trade Suggestions

I am Sick to death of the whole board being covered with ridiculous suggestions about Fev going to Sydney, in exchange for Lake and pick 5 or whatever

So i Hope the mods are ok with this, but this thread is dedicated to trade Suggestions involving Fev and Lake... coz im sorry but none of them will happen :thumbsu:

Carlton football club wont give away their best plays no matter how bad the act out in public. He will stay a Blue. Just a media beat up

Spot on. Fevola will remain at Carlton next year.
Sticks, Swann and co. are just making him sweat for a few days.

Re: Brendan Fevola Stupid Trade Suggestions

Fev for Chris Bryan straight swap.

Bryan has a chopper moustache. Fev doesn't.

On a side note, Kevin Rudd has a 3rd nipple.

Richmond trades Nathan Brown and Jordan McMahon in exchange for Luke Ball. Richmond trades pick 18 and Shane Tuck to Carlton for Brendan Fevola.

Thought this should be in here.

Thought this should be in here.
Fev is going to be an expensive exercise for Carlton. At $700,000 a year, hard to see how they are going to trade him without having to pay most of his contract.

Then if Fev refuses to go, Carlton cannot do a thing.

I like Fev, you can understand Fev hitting the bottle being stuck in that team. Carlton is by far the geekiest club in the comp. Just look at Judd, he think he owns the Carlton Football Club. Then there is the supporters. Total bone head wannabees.

Love Fev's Judd abuse. Cracks me up everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back