FFA Cup Final – Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory Dec 16

Remove this Banner Ad

The club have said tickets will only be sold for the big new stand for reserved seating. If sales are okay other parts of the ground will open up.

Kristien Rees lining up for Palm Beach. They referred to clive Palmer saying he is watching one of his employees, does Clive seriously still have his breakaway FA company??

Surely they could've found some suitable stadium on the Gold Coast with decent lights without playing in a giant empty stadium with no atmosphere.

Kristien Rees lining up for Palm Beach. They referred to clive Palmer saying he is watching one of his employees, does Clive seriously still have his breakaway FA company??
Rees ran for Parliament at the 2013 Election in the PUP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic crowd tonight though, just over 3,500.

The FFA Cup is a fantastic concept and I'm sure that it will grow but the marketing of it is poor at the moment. A lot of casual fans may not even know the games are on. It needs to be later in the season for a start, and perhaps club members can use their card to get in for free, fantastic competition and fantastic concept, I just hope that the FFA does more to market it and make a big deal out of it.

I still stand by what I said in the early stage of the tournament;

July-August: First Round, 22 matches with 44 state league teams.
September: Second Round, 16 matches with 22 state league winners from Round 1 plus 10 A-League Clubs.
October: Third Round, 8 matches
November: Quarter Finals
December: Semi Finals
January (Australia Day): Final

All draws to be random like the FA Cup (no seeding).

Fox/SBS to broadcast one match from each matchday. (ie as it is now there would have been 4 broadcast matches in the first round with around the grounds updates of simultaneous matches)

The added round at the beginning will give more small clubs the chance to qualify and to play against teams from interstate.

The later start for the A-League teams will encourage them to take it more seriously with only one pre season Cup match, this will allow players to get used to playing midweek fixtures.

The increased number of matches during the Australian football season would allow the cup to become more prominent, with the warming evenings and increased publicity attracting larger crowds.

Matches to be played on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at the home grounds of the lower league teams when drawn against an A-League team (stadiums permitting). All matches from the Third Round onwards between A-League teams to be played at the regular home grounds.

And of course, the winner to be given an AFC Champions League playoff spot.

I think there's too many other things happening on Australia Day for a cup final to be played on it. You wouldn't get the crowds

Yeah it's not my preference either but the FFA seem to be really pushing for it.

Would rather just a standalone Saturday with no league matches on in say February, before NRL and AFL start, after the Australian Open and Test Cricket, get it on FTA, make it a really big day in the Australian sporting and football calender.

Cups are meant to run all through the season not just at the start.

Was disappointed with the crowd. Was happy United played a full strength team and they went to extra time from a Glory perspective. We won't get ven 7k for the Victory clash next week.

Pathetic crowd tonight though, just over 3,500.

The FFA Cup is a fantastic concept and I'm sure that it will grow but the marketing of it is poor at the moment. A lot of casual fans may not even know the games are on. It needs to be later in the season for a start, and perhaps club members can use their card to get in for free, fantastic competition and fantastic concept, I just hope that the FFA does more to market it and make a big deal out of it.

I still stand by what I said in the early stage of the tournament;
To be fair, Allianz stadium is terrible to get in and out of (and I mean truly terrible) and it's on a Tuesday night. Anyone that doesn't live 10km from the ground doesn't want to be traveling back home at 10pm after a day at work etc etc.

Don't know why they even played it at Allianz.

And why don't the players shirts have names?

Good win for United, managed to catch this at the pub last night. Agree with Jatz, Allianz is tough to get in and out of on a week night, wasn't going to attempt the trip.
Ironically it probably would have been easier last night because there was no one there.

I love both of those grounds but they have the country's worst infrastructure around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

FFA Cup Final – Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory Dec 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back