FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mention of Pavlich is really quite insulting and classic Victorian ignorance..Specially when its in relation to Collingwood who have really nothing to offer...Unless Melbourne suddenly were throwing around 1st or 2nd pick, I fail to see what is possibley on offer.

We really need success on field just to stick it up those pricks, West Coast don't get treated that way because they have consistently gone over there and slapped them around.

Whats going on with Carlton and Pav??

Are Carlton panicking at the thought of no backline and no forwardline.?

It's amusing that the rumours are starting at all, let alone from those 2 clubs. It would take 5 top 20 picks for us to let him go, because that's what his going rate is at our club. Still, the rumours about Pav happen every year, so we should be used to it.

Amused me quite a bit to come back from uni and read the news.com.au blog... Carlton are panicking because they don't think Bradshaw will last long, and the Pies are upset they had to trade for a ruckman because Fraser is broken down.

Sucked into both of them.

The Dee's will grab him surely if he goes in, making him a cheap replacement for McLean.Bastards.

Yeah I think Mebourne will pick him up if he doesn't resign with St Kilda (I can't see it happening) very good replacement for McLean IMO. However Melbourne may know take Scully & Butcher leaving us with either Trengove (Dream scenario)/Morabito or Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could offer a lot more money than any other club for Ball, if he doesn't mind moving states.

I would definitely support it. Melbourne I doubt would be able to afford him given the ALF are forcing them to use minimum payments.

We could offer a lot more money than any other club for Ball, if he doesn't mind moving states.

I would definitely support it. Melbourne I doubt would be able to afford him given the ALF are forcing them to use minimum payments.

Agree, wouldn't mind going after him because we all know cash isn't a problem.

Just depends on whether he wants to come out here.

Can Ball nominate for the ND?

Yes, and I think that's his best option assuming he definately wants to leave the Saints. I'd say he's worth a pick in the 20's but we won't take him with our 2nd rounder so that leaves North, West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, or his preferred destination Collingwood. Cats and Lions probably don't have th cap space and Neill Craig doesn't like recruiting mature age players so he's a chance to get to the Pies.

Agree, wouldn't mind going after him because we all know cash isn't a problem.

Just depends on whether he wants to come out here.

I personally don't think we'd go after Luke Ball, mainly because we seem to be sticking to our youth policy this year and we have guys like Schammer who play a similar role.

Also, we may have enough cash to lure him here but that cash will probably come in handy in the next couple of years when the Gold Coast start pillaging players from other clubs. We'll be able to counter offer what they throw at our best players so that we can keep them. I think Harvey & Bond see this as a real threat... which is why Hill has been signed up until 2012.

I believe he can Moo. But I reckon he's unlikely to get to the Pies - their first pick is #30. Some other club might pull the trigger before that.

Yes, and he pretty much doesn't have a choice as such if he goes through the Draft - it's only through the PSD that you get to set your contract terms in advance (AFAIK). He'll go PSD or swallow his pride and stay a benchwarmer for the Siants.

Yes, and he pretty much doesn't have a choice as such if he goes through the Draft - it's only through the PSD that you get to set your contract terms in advance (AFAIK). He'll go PSD or swallow his pride and stay a benchwarmer for the Siants.

You are now allowed to set your contract terms for the ND as well if you are someone like Ball. I think that is his best option to get to the Pies.

You are now allowed to set your contract terms for the ND as well if you are someone like Ball. I think that is his best option to get to the Pies.

Yea I remember some change to the rules for experienced players who go through the ND - then why would they bother with the PSD - unless you want to go to a lowly club and don't want them to waste a ND pick on you, I can't see the reason why anybody would use the PSD, or at least use the PSD without giving the ND a go first :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back