Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9099326.stm

From the article:

And Oceania Football Confederation president Reynald Temarii, wanted money for a sports academy for his vote, which will take place on 2 December.

A reason why nobody should count their chickens before they hatch. Wasn't it the Oceania rep who screwed up the vote for the 2006 Cup? Not the same bloke, i know....

And the vote in December will be by secret ballot...wow, that sure gives a guy a feelng of confidence....

Agreed. This was always going to happen. Smells of 2002 winter Olympic bid.

And Australia has got Oceania's vote. Its a sure thing. He wanted 500K for a sport academy or something like that. That is nothing compared to what Australia is doing in that region, as part of our continuing commitment to our old Federation. And the fact that the only professional team in the region plays in a Aussie league. This is only on the 2018 bid, which Australia is not apart of.

Agreed. This was always going to happen. Smells of 2002 winter Olympic bid.

And Australia has got Oceania's vote. Its a sure thing. He wanted 500K for a sport academy or something like that. That is nothing compared to what Australia is doing in that region, as part of our continuing commitment to our old Federation. And the fact that the only professional team in the region plays in a Aussie league. This is only on the 2018 bid, which Australia is not apart of.

Yes, but surely exec members are making deals involving votes for both 2018 and 2022. Who knows what deals are being made- or "incentives" are being offered for votes? Lots of folks on here are counting votes from different confederations- this merely shows that type of counting means NOTHING. See what happens the first week of December in Switzerland- THEN we will know.

Why were these English reporters posing as lobbyists for the USA bid and not their own? Trying to discredit the officials without discrediting their own bid? If I was part of the USA bid team I'd be outraged.

bbc is also reporting that the nigerian official offered his vote to the yanks for something similar to that

none of this is supprising, just dont normally hear about it. typical fifa

bbc is also reporting that the nigerian official offered his vote to the yanks for something similar to that

none of this is supprising, just dont normally hear about it. typical fifa

That Nigerian official was done for something before can't remember what it was, then a couple of months ago, he was attacking the media saying he wasn't corrupt lol, now the truth is out and Qatar's bs deals are screwed. Anyone who votes for Qatar now is going to be investigated for corruption other than bin hammam of course, this is the best thing that could have happened for the Australian bid. I know Oceania might get banned but hey it's one vote and it might be one vote that's well sacrificed.

That Nigerian official was done for something before can't remember what it was, then a couple of months ago, he was attacking the media saying he wasn't corrupt lol, now the truth is out and Qatar's bs deals are screwed. Anyone who votes for Qatar now is going to be investigated for corruption other than bin hammam of course, this is the best thing that could have happened for the Australian bid. I know Oceania might get banned but hey it's one vote and it might be one vote that's well sacrificed.

Ha - don't make me laugh. Qatar has no chance - even the votes they've "bought" won't actually vote for them when the time comes. Its just an extra bonus for them along the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

FIFA officials "offer to sell 2018 World Cup votes"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back