FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifier: Australia v Uzbekistan

Remove this Banner Ad

Notice the empty seats in the top tiers? Even with the rain, this would be sold out if it were at the MCG.

All we've heard in Sydney all week is don't drive, take public transport.

FFS if you're going to build a stadium out in the middle of nowhere put in some parking spots.

All we've heard in Sydney all week is don't drive, take public transport.

FFS if you're going to build a stadium out in the middle of nowhere put in some parking spots.

+ it's been belting down for 4 days straight (the reason I'm not there)

Larf Larf.

Uzbekistan at home. An short, slow bloke up front, laughably isolated.

The bloke couldn't manage a chook raffle.

It's ****ing Uzbekistan, not Argentina. Bloody hell.

Shocking miss, should be 1 up.

Might make us open up a bit more in the 2nd half though, bring on Josh.

Regarding Scott McDonald, the "no goals from however many appearances" Scott McDonald, he is fat and as a short man, usually they have some form of pace but Brock McLean would beat this guy over 30m.

How does he score goals up there in Scotland? They must be put on a platter for him.

Somebody get Mike Bassett to the Australian Coaching Group now!

Seriously Pim, get Kennedy on and play Four-Four-****ing Two! The conditions are shit and McDonald is again completely isolated, this system will never work with him as the lone striker. Our tempo is shocking, it's like the players are just waiting for it to happen. Our best chance is to get Garcia and Kewell wide with Chippers & Wilkshire over lapping and fire in crosses to Kennedy. McDonald is at his best playing off the big man's scraps. It's not rocket science, change it already!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow as a wet week. Kewell also been caught out a few times. Bresh had a couple of bad touches, normally straight after a sweet one. Frustrating!!

Where the **** is Kennedy? He'd be so valuable right here!

How does he score goals up there in Scotland? They must be put on a platter for him.

For one, you could say the league is poor, and it is. But it's tougher opposition than what he would generally face in games against minnows like tonight.

But the main thing is the way he is used. Scott McDonald up top in a 4-3-2-1 formation, at home to a minnow team like Uzbekistan. Not many could dream that masterstroke up.

jesuschristredrobe_medium.jpg

It is time to bring him on I think. considering all we are doing is spraying it wide and then crossing I think he is the best chance we have to score be it his head or S.Mac feeding off him.

Cockerill out, Hill in.

Seriously, where is Simon? He's far and away the best commentator in the country so unless he's traveled for a CL tie or something I can't fathom why he's not there.

Anyway on the game...it's all been said really. If Kennedy wasn't lacking match fitness I'd change it to:

-------------------Schwarzer--------------------
Wilkshire-----Neill-----Beauchamp-----Chipperfield
---------------------Valeri-----------------------
Bresciano----------------------------------Kewell
---------------------Culina-----------------------
----------McDonald------------Kennedy-----------

Not that Garcia has done anything wrong, I just hate this idea that at home against an inferior side we're playing 2 defensive midfielders. Okay they're still a decent side but we are better than them.

It's why blue chip events should be only given to Melbourne, as we can be relied upon to show up. We come rain hail or shine, none of this is too wet excuses. lol

Exactly. I hate the Vics with a passion, but you sure know how to get behind every sporting event and turn up in the masses.

Cockerill out, Hill in.

Seriously, where is Simon? He's far and away the best commentator in the country so unless he's traveled for a CL tie or something I can't fathom why he's not there.

Anyway on the game...it's all been said really. If Kennedy wasn't lacking match fitness I'd change it to:

-------------------Schwarzer--------------------
Wilkshire-----Neill-----Beauchamp-----Chipperfield
---------------------Valeri-----------------------
Bresciano----------------------------------Kewell
---------------------Culina-----------------------
----------McDonald------------Kennedy-----------

Not that Garcia has done anything wrong, I just hate this idea that at home against an inferior side we're playing 2 defensive midfielders. Okay they're still a decent side but we are better than them.
Not ****en rocket science is it

Ahh how comical was the front flip that Uzbeki player did when Neill pushed him in the back of the head bahahahaha.

Remove this Banner Ad

FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifier: Australia v Uzbekistan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back