Finally - Footage of Peter Labi playing

Remove this Banner Ad

How's the handball from on his knees at about 4min. Awesome.

He looks very natural, moves well, probably has pace to spare as it looks as though he is going in 2nd gear only most of the time, good one grab marks, seems to know where to go.

I like. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I know it's only a tube clip but it showed the following:

-He's a very good mark
-He's a very good kick
-He reads the flight of ball well
-He has real pace
-He's a good tackler and hard at it
-Leads well and ia good one on one
-He's got good decision making and isn't to selfish

To get him for free... it's fantastic... bloody made my day seeing that
-

He looks very natural, moves well, probably has pace to spare as it looks as though he is going in 2nd gear only most of the time, good one grab marks, seems to know where to go.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

I think he is just one of the naturally laconic players who look like they aren't trying/running flat out.

I think the sky balls he kicks, while they are fine for goal kicking will have to be altered, because he does lean back and lift his head on impact which is not ideal for field passing. Having said this though, he is a lovely long kick of the footy and looks to have a very solid action bar the above.

As I've said before, I will be fascinated with his development whilst at Carlton. His scope for improvement at his age and with his attributes is quite frankly deliciouuuussss.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

I think he is just one of the naturally laconic players who look like they aren't trying/running flat out.

I think the sky balls he kicks, while they are fine for goal kicking will have to be altered, because he does lean back and lift his head on impact which is not ideal for field passing. Having said this though, he is a lovely long kick of the footy and looks to have a very solid action bar the above.

As I've said before, I will be fascinated with his development whilst at Carlton. His scope for improvement at his age and with his attributes is quite frankly deliciouuuussss.

All of the above comments are correct and if he can make the step up, will be a good find.

The only thing negative I could see in that clip was that he tends to be a little clumsy with the ball at his feet, tends to grab two or three times before picking it up.

kid looks great. from watching the vid imo see him having a daniel motlop style body when fully matured. =)

big thing i got was seemed to really enjoy his footy and looked like he had a good connection/bond with his team/ team mates

Seems to have a real X-factor about him, his field kicking actually looked really good, didn't use those long bombs when passing. Watch the video again he actually spots up teammates in better positions time to time and delivers it perfectly.

Positives:
Great Mark
Great Kick
Great Decision Making
Hard at it from tackling
Great Pace (it is a different level but he doesn't look like he was even trying sometimes and outstripping his opponents)

Negatives:
It is a Youtube video there was never going to be any obvious ones

Put some more muscle on him and he should be an excellent HFFer maybe even a midfielder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to fault on that display. Seems to have all of the fundamentals covered well, moves nicely, nice roost for goal though not a lot of field kicking to go on. Thing that stood out for me was that he marks at full extension. Can be a difficult thing to teach...if it comes naturally all the better.

Was going to flame him when I saw him show the ball after a marking contest, but then I realised it was some other flog who then proceeded to set 'our Peter' up under a hospital ball.

Did I read somewhere that he is still growing...is he going to be a minora or a majora?

Hard to fault on that display. Seems to have all of the fundamentals covered well, moves nicely, nice roost for goal though not a lot of field kicking to go on. Thing that stood out for me was that he marks at full extension. Can be a difficult thing to teach...if it comes naturally all the better.

Was going to flame him when I saw him show the ball after a marking contest, but then I realised it was some other flog who then proceeded to set 'our Peter' up under a hospital ball.

Did I read somewhere that he is still growing...is he going to be a minora or a majora?

I think from memory he is 189cm at last measure, although there is speculation he may have a bit of growing left in him as he has an uncle who is 207cm tall. Peter can stop growing at 195ish please ;)

...might add that even though it's the QAFL I'm pretty sure the goals are still the same width apart and from the looks of things this kid fairly knows how to split em.

There's everything you want to see in taht footage - he clearly thinks quicker than others at that level, he clearly moves quicker than others at that level, he's a clean grab at full stretch, he 's happy to spot up teammates even when he's within range himself, he works hard with and without the ball and he kicks straight when pinging at the sticks.

As noted above, the only thing you could fault out of that footage was that his ball handling below knee level was a little reminiscent of Greg Bentley vs the Hawks, but i'm sure our staff can improve that.

I'd be interested to know what it was that the Lions didn't like about him.

I agree with the poster above who said there was an element of Yarran in some of his work - the goal he manufactured at 2.30ish did that for me especially.

Go the lab.

I was interested in peoples comments, as he screamed natural footballer to me. I think he will thrive in the AFL with his ability to gain possession and make space.

Here's some great info on Labi. :thumbsu:
Hey Guys,

if you want to have a look at what you are getting.

here is a few highlights i did up of him playing for mt gravatt in QAFL this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS6uNahl16U

Good kid with freakish ability and plenty of space for development.
was terrific up here and was only running at %50.

enjoy!

any other info i have?
mate, don't supply cabbanossi, chicken burgers or shapes.
lived with my family for 3 months and we forgot what food was.

nahhh, he is an exceptional kid. very good listener. is like a sponge, soaks up everything. exciting pickup for carlton, cant believe gold coast had little interest. he will kick anything from 55 out, as good on the ground as he is in the air. quite hard to match up on cause he is close to 190cm and runs like he is 175cm. play him forward and he kicks 4-5 a game with ease, play him down back and his opponent goes missing. extraordinary talent. only 17 so will only improve.

kicked 16 goals in one game last year playing under 18's. regardless of what level, awesome effort.

There's everything you want to see in taht footage - he clearly thinks quicker than others at that level, he clearly moves quicker than others at that level, he's a clean grab at full stretch, he 's happy to spot up teammates even when he's within range himself, he works hard with and without the ball and he kicks straight when pinging at the sticks.

As noted above, the only thing you could fault out of that footage was that his ball handling below knee level was a little reminiscent of Greg Bentley vs the Hawks, but i'm sure our staff can improve that.

I'd be interested to know what it was that the Lions didn't like about him.

I agree with the poster above who said there was an element of Yarran in some of his work - the goal he manufactured at 2.30ish did that for me especially.

Go the lab.

This is the $64 question isn't it? If he's as good as that footage would suggest then why did both Brisbane and the GC overlook him? :confused:

Hopefully, this will eventually turn out to be a quiz question as his career flourishes. Looks a lot like Adrian McAdam to me (movement wise) - let's hope he works a bit harder and we'll have a good 'un. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally - Footage of Peter Labi playing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back