Finals predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

alscotoz2

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
3rd or 4th is fine with me, IMO we are a huge chance to beat either of the likely top 2 Cats(MCG) or Swans(SCG) and snag a home Prelim.

FWIW I just did a ladder predictor and this is my first week finals prediction >

QF-

Swans v Port.
Cats v Lions.

EF-

Giants v Blues.
Bulldogs v Hawks.

3rd or 4th is fine with me, IMO we are a huge chance to beat either of the likely top 2 Cats(MCG) or Swans(SCG) and snag a home Prelim.

FWIW I just did a ladder predictor and this is my first week finals prediction >

QF-

Swans v Port.
Cats v Lions.

EF-

Giants v Blues.
Bulldogs v Hawks.

Third is perfect in terms of a run.

Get through Geelong and the toughest opponent we may have is Hawks in the prelim. We should beat them at home.

Also would mean a run of:

MCG
Gabba
MCG
Gabba
MCG

Perfect.

Going on most probable outcomes presuming we win the next two...
Port or Geelol in week one (anywhere) would be fine with me.
I think people are wrong to write-off the Swans so quickly, they'd be my third choice.

If we don't win the next two and host an EF...
GWS, Freo and Dogs matchup the worst for us IMO.
Hawthorn would be a who knows. We haven't played them at the Gabba in years and they don't have finals experience as a group.
Carlton not worried, lol.

As much as I am certain this is the weakest cats line up we've seen in years, still wouldn't want to see them in a final. They'll always be excellently coached and won't lose the game - we'll have to actually win it.
I am the same; I can’t believe some are saying it’s an ideal match up when we’ve lost to them the past few times we’ve played them. Perhaps it’s a way to convince themselves that throwing away second spot wasn’t the disaster it is.

I am the same; I can’t believe some are saying it’s an ideal match up when we’ve lost to them the past few times we’ve played them. Perhaps it’s a way to convince themselves that throwing away second spot wasn’t the disaster it is.
Beating them in an away Final would be a thing of beauty though wouldn’t it?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QF-

Swans v Port.
Cats v Lions.

EF-

Giants v Blues.
Bulldogs v Hawks.

QF-

Swans v Giants.
Cats v Port.

EF-

Lions v Blues.
Bulldogs v Hawks.

QF-

Swans v Giants.
Cats v Port.

EF-

Lions v Blues.
Bulldogs v Hawks.
That is sad, IMO it will be extremely difficult for us to beat 3 of Port, Cats, Giants, Swans in 3 consecutive weeks after dispatching of the Blues.

That is sad, IMO it will be extremely difficult for us to beat 3 of Port, Cats, Giants, Swans in 3 consecutive weeks after dispatching of the Blues.

Still under the "influence" of last weeks performance.
Ask me to do again later in the week ...... I may have recovered by then.

Amazing how detrimental that one poor game has now had on our season and potentially premiership chances. No doubt the players are of the view that they’ve got plenty of opportunities in the future as they’ve believed since 2019.

QF-

Swans v Giants.
Cats v Port.

EF-

Lions v Blues.
Bulldogs v Hawks.

Did you have us losing a game, or Giants, Cats and Port all winning both their remaining games?

I'd be shocked if Freo dropped both their games against GWS and Port - surely they'll win at least one of those two.

Amazing how detrimental that one poor game has now had on our season and potentially premiership chances. No doubt the players are of the view that they’ve got plenty of opportunities in the future as they’ve believed since 2019.
I'm just glad that we're in a position to finish in the top 4 after such a slow start to the year. I don't think that one down effort after spending the last two months salvaging our season is justification to say that the players believe they've got plenty of opportunities remaining. I would be almost certain that none of them are taking any of these opportunities for granted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back