Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a mix of the latter and no knowledge of what’s happening at VFL level! I’m on board with your POV and would go so far as to say it’s 100-1 we make 4 changes in the first week of finals, but I’d 100% back him in to outperform Cameron if we turned to him. Cameron couldn’t catch a cold at the moment…
I agree, if it was a month ago in the H&A season they'd likely make that change. However it's hard to go experimenting this late now with him in the place of a ruck but I reckon he's 'first reserve' for that position so to speak.

Good depth for the side to have going into a finals campaign. I have no idea why any mention of Kreuger's name ever inspires so much rage in a few posters.

IMG_6237.jpeg

Two tickets, drinks, cocktail food, music and guest speaker Nick Maxwell all for $450 per person? That’s a bargain. Count me in!

I agree, if it was a month ago in the H&A season they'd likely make that change. However it's hard to go experimenting this late now with him in the place of a ruck but I reckon he's 'first reserve' for that position so to speak.

Good depth for the side to have going into a finals campaign. I have no idea why any mention of Kreuger's name ever inspires so much rage in a few posters.
Hindsight’s 20-20 and all, but v Hawthorn when we went with AJ (correct call) would have been his moment. My guess is the rage is about the perception of his physical fragility. My concern with him is, like Cameron, his overhead marking. He doesn’t exactly clunk them…

FWIW I’m in full support of Cameron if his marking is on. The problem is in 2023 without his marking he’s seemed to me to be a very watered down Grundy.

Maybe because unfortunately Kreugs is more than likely to knock himself out than to be able to knock the ball to our advantage at this stage.

No doubt we are better placed for the upcoming game, however we still fielded 23 players and were soundly beaten even if they weren’t able to translate the dominance to the scoreboard.

They are proven finals performers.

I think they are the biggest challenge for us. We win in a close contest

Straight sets last year for the Dees. There would be a high level of trepidation heading in to this final.

B: Isaac Quaynor, Nathan Murphy, Jeremy Howe
HB: Jack Crisp, Darcy Moore, Brayden Maynard
C: Steele Sidebottom, Jordan De Goey, Josh Daicos
HF: Pat Lipinski, Dan McStay, Beau McCreery
F: Jamie Elliott, Brody Mihocek, Bobby Hill
Foll: Darcy Cameron, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Mitchell
I/C: Taylor Adams, John Noble, Jack Ginnivan, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Emerg: Mason Cox, Oleg Markov, Billy Frampton, Fin Macrae

In: Darcy Moore, Nathan Murphy, Beau McCreery
Out: Billy Frampton, Oleg Markov, Fin Macrae

UNAVAILABLE: Nick Daicos, Josh Carmichael, Reef McInnes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

B: Isaac Quaynor, Nathan Murphy, Jeremy Howe
HB: Jack Crisp, Darcy Moore, Brayden Maynard
C: Steele Sidebottom, Jordan De Goey, Josh Daicos
HF: Pat Lipinski, Dan McStay, Beau McCreery
F: Jamie Elliott, Brody Mihocek, Bobby Hill
Foll: Darcy Cameron, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Mitchell
I/C: Taylor Adams, John Noble, Jack Ginnivan, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Emerg: Mason Cox, Oleg Markov, Billy Frampton, Fin Macrae

In: Darcy Moore, Nathan Murphy, Beau McCreery
Out: Billy Frampton, Oleg Markov, Fin Macrae

UNAVAILABLE: Nick Daicos, Josh Carmichael, Reef McInnes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Markov out is a shocking take

we got thumped on KB
forget the scoreboard
no help to us putting our head in the sand

bit we will win this time because we will play a lot better

We were in front for more game time than the Dees. The whole we got pumped thing is rubbish. We certainly didn't play well by any means though.

We lose the best player in the game but regain 6 very good players. Game farkin on you Dees campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Moore McReery Murphy
Out Lipinski Cameron Hill(sub)

Frampton for insurance for Moores hamstring and ruck support for Cox
Just think Gawn will eat Cameron alive

Howe to play forward on lever

Hard to choose sub, but 5 small forwards are too many

Counting VFL only he’s played 13 out of 14 since returning from his shoulder surgery…
He has played 9 games spanning 5 years and only played 2 AFL games this year. He isn't coming in unless we get a significant amount of injuries. This isn't PlayStation where you pick a side without consequences.

history repeating?

They’ve even launched an ad campaign to prepare Melbourne and it’s supporters for the outcome.

ce5d6ecbde881d4275c90dfd05df363f.jpg

It's pretty evident that most blokes in here, and some assorted others, are only prepared to nominate at best a couple of players as outs. To those of the former persuasion, you need to grow a set. Let's hope selectors are more ruthless in their thinking and make some bold yet astute decisions regarding the team's composition. I also hope their decisions are a carbon copy of my own, given I'm sure my appraisal of the team's needs and players' form is a good as that of the selectors. ;)
We could show a really impressive set by dropping Jordy and Elliott.

Kreuger as a bit of x factor and ruck support in for me. He'd be a more reliable and regular goal kicker than either of our rucks. But I don't care so much that I would disagree with selectors either retaining or omitting Cameron.
Kreuger's injuries are a little concerning for him to be selected for the final.

Kreuger's injuries are a little concerning for him to be selected for the final.
He has strung together a long run of VFL games and was very good last week. I particularly liked some of his work while lying on the ground firing out handballs. He kicks well for goal and just needs to clunk a few more marks. If we lose and Cameron plays another ordinary game or our forward talls prove impotent, we may be sorry we didn't take a leap of faith and give Kreuger a final's berth. Of course, we could play him and have him perform a kamikaze lunge that shatters his shoulder and then play a man short for the rest of the game. That's football!

That third out is doing my head in even as a supporter. It was 100% Ginnivan until he turned in a good performance on Friday night.

It wouldn't surprise me if WHE is the unlucky one.

So in: Mccreery, Murphy, Moore
Out: Frampton, Macrae, WHE

Any of Markov, Howe or Ginnivan as the sub. WHE first emergency.
I think Howe will play defensive forward on either May or Lever. Ginni won't be sub. I think Lipinski could miss out

I think Howe will play defensive forward on either May or Lever. Ginni won't be sub. I think Lipinski could miss out
Agree, with Murphy & Moore to return it makes sense to try and use marking prowess to try and neutralise one of their interceptors. Especially as Melbourne's tall fwds aren't too threatening.

I think Lipinski should be the one to miss from the flanker brigade

I still reckon this will (or should) happen too. Howe forward to really stretch Lever and Coxy super sub to come on and test Gawn in the second half.
I don't reckon you can put too much weight into Howe's post game comments about remaining back, there was no chance he was going go declaring our cards to the opposition, even if he did know where he'd play in the first final.

One of Lippa or WHE misses in this scenario, and it'd probably be the Hyphen (though I don't agree with it)

The more I think about it the more I'm not sure but should be

In: McCreery, Murphy, Moore
Out: Frampton, Macrae, WHE/Lipinski/Ginn/Markov/Cameron

McCreery/Murphy may not be an automatic in either.

:)

That third out is doing my head in even as a supporter. It was 100% Ginnivan until he turned in a good performance on Friday night.

It wouldn't surprise me if WHE is the unlucky one.

So in: Mccreery, Murphy, Moore
Out: Frampton, Macrae, WHE

Any of Markov, Howe or Ginnivan as the sub. WHE first emergency.
See, my third out in your list would be easy - Lipinski. I would leave WHE in for his experience. WHE would be my sub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back