Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard Nobel might be a bit stiff. I have nothing against him. Just just in case it happens, this might reduce the shock.

In: Murphy, Moore, McCreery
Out: Frampton, McCrae, Noble - Sub:Ginni
Jeepers I was just wondering about Johnny F Noble and whether he might be carrying a niggle or if having Markov there has seen him not his usual always involved self lately. Hope it’s not true that he misses but he’s the only one who doesn’t seem 100 percent his usual self.

Are you deliberately changing the goalposts again Domey? (well I know the answer so don't bother)

I said he can't leap.

Read it again very slowly. Take it in.

I know you are in love with him but big Coxy is not known for his leap. He's known for his height.
Okay. But he is surprisingly athletic.

Since Fly has been coach?

No.
Has never been out of the full team since the hub. Those times he was dropped he ended up the sub so always played (tended to be v lions for an odd reason )

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can't imagine Noble getting dropped. Has he ever?
Especially seeing as one of our biggest issues KB was run/possesion out of D50 which are both strenghts of Noble's. WHE/Markov much more likely to make way as sub depending on weather and Howe's position. I assume Howe plays D50 but could offer good aerial ability for transitioning ball down the line if we start Cox as sub (again would likely only happen if raining heavily) given that was another area of the game we were dominated in KB.

No.
Has never been out of the full team since the hub. Those times he was dropped he ended up the sub so always played (tended to be v lions for an odd reason )

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's what I thought. Commentators are always talking about how he's played consistently since being recruited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s really interesting that everyone wants 26 players to fit in 23 and if 1-2 tough selection calls are made people go mad!!!

Fly has been there and see what works in finals for 2 decades both as a player and assistant coach, and also has the benefit of knowing who performed and who didn’t in our 3 finals last year.

It’s a ruthless decision but let’s not pretend Noble is immune to being dropped.

It’s really interesting that everyone wants 26 players to fit in 23 and if 1-2 tough selection calls are made people go mad!!!

Fly has been there and see what works in finals for 2 decades both as a player and assistant coach, and also has the benefit of knowing who performed and who didn’t in our 3 finals last year.

It’s a ruthless decision but let’s not pretend Noble is immune to being dropped.
Not sure anyone is going mad ..would just be a 'surprise' to drop a guy who has never been dropped..😉

The hardest thing with our selections is we aren’t swapping apples for apples. Every potential change actually changes our style. It’s not just replacing a player in one position with a better player in the same position.
Hill and Ginnivan good for goals out of nowhere. McReery is a tackling machine.
WHE works up and back on really long runs. Can also play back. Lipinski gives us an extra number in the midfield and has good mid/forward connection.
Frampton releases Moore and can play on the real bigs. Murphy can play taller than his height suggests. Howe can go forward to bring ball to ground against opposition interceptors.

troll dancing GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back