Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone had to make way, but I don’t like Ginni as sub. Prefer Lippa.

The sub should be an impact player or a utility in my opinion

Ginni is definitely an impact player

Someone had to make way, but I don’t like Ginni as sub. Prefer Lippa.

Either would be good as sub but I'd have Lipinski too.

Neither are super fast, so that gives them a slight advantage as sub when they come on.

Lipinski is pretty reliable and could play wing if necessary so that gives him flexibility as sub.

Ginnivan is good enough that if in form you'd want him to play from the start.

That's my thinking.

Was listening to Phil Davis on SEN talking about how our key player is Darcy Cameron. If Cameron gets beaten we'll get smacked in clearances, so the argument went.

Luckily we've got Cox to throw in if things get too out of hand.

But it did reinforce to me what I said in the preview. And it's my biggest concern at the moment.

Guess Ginnivan is more impact. Bring him on midway through the 3rd, when the D's defenders are starting to feel the pinch a bit, and a fresh Ginni may kick 2 or 3 in 40 minutes of footy.

I feel like that's an argument to start him, since he's more of a game changer, whereas Lipinski lower highs and higher lows, so he'd be solid as a sub.

I mean, 3 have to come out.

So far we only know of one
In the video while Noble was being consoled by Darcy, IQ and Maynard were doing the same for Billy. Think you can safely conclude Fin and Billy out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told last year that only 12 months into the job Fly had done enough to earn my trust to back him in chasing McStay.

Same people now not trusting Fly's judgment in dropping Noble. Odd.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think people are just shocked it's Noble. He has been a staple in the side for over 3 seasons. I'm sure we all trust Fly and the coaching staff, as to the decisions they make. It's been impressive for 2 seasons so far.....

Yeah fly talked about match ups could come to play with selection. This could just be one of them
One thing it does is not give their smalls anyone obvious to try and nullify. I think Fly likes mismatches as much if not more than match ups.
Neal-Bullen, Pickett, Chandler will have to go up against Crisp, WHE, Markov, Quaynor etc with J.Daicos and Sidey dropping back to help out.

Tough for Noble but would be for anyone. With Nick to come back in and barring injuries and loss no one gets back now is very likely. Would be a killer to play every H&A then miss all the finals and a flag. As hard as it would be I hope that's Johnny Nobles fate

The sub should be an impact player or a utility in my opinion

Ginni is definitely an impact player
Guess Ginnivan is more impact. Bring him on midway through the 3rd, when the D's defenders are starting to feel the pinch a bit, and a fresh Ginni may kick 2 or 3 in 40 minutes of footy.

Hope you are both right, Ginni is an impact player, but he’s also a goal kicker and we need that from the opening bounce.

Tough for Noble but would be for anyone. With Nick to come back in and barring injuries and loss no one gets back now is very likely. Would be a killer to play every H&A then miss all the finals and a flag. As hard as it would be I hope that's Johnny Nobles fate

I guess the thing is that Noble has always been just super competitive. I suppose he's dropped off a bit, but I still remember his repeat efforts that have in the past been so important.

In theory Markov of late might be in better form than Noble but without Noble he will also take on greater responsibility as he moves up in the pecking order and how he performs in that position is a wait and see.

Noble often wins or receives the ball from teammates in high pressure situations deep in our defence IMO and some people annoyingly then wonder why he sometimes stuffs up.

Markov will have to absorb more pressure situations than he's been used to this season and how he copes will be interesting.

I was told last year that only 12 months into the job Fly had done enough to earn my trust to back him in chasing McStay.

Same people now not trusting Fly's judgment in dropping Noble. Odd.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I trust Fly's judgement. And I think it's purely based on match ups for this game, not necessarily form.

Doesn't mean I, and many others are still not surprised it was Noble this week ..he has played 84 straight games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back