Finals, Week 1 - Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win for Geelong. They will really benefit from the week off.

Not so bad for Bulldogs. Should be able to win next week and then a big game against Saints or Pies the week after.

Lynch kicked just 3 in 2006 and just 11 possessions.

In 1994 Sumich kicked just 2 goals and only 6 possessions.

Neither hardly dominated those years.

How many they kicked during the year is irrelevant.

Yeah no you are 100% correct.... having a big focal point in attack makes absolutely no difference.... Would have made absolutely no difference to the Bulldogs today had they had a big forward that could take a mark :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the Cats will take the win however I do not believe that they were overly impressive as they do not seem to be as clean or efficient as per previous seasons, however a week off for them will be a blessing

Bullies will be disappointed as they wasted so many opportunities however I do believe that they will bounce back next week against either Carl or Bris

So which one is it? Do they need a big guy to win a flag or not? You keep contradicting yourself every second post. :rolleyes:
What I said right from the start and have repeated...

They obviously are pretty good and do have a reasonable forward line. Most number of goals this year and second last year. They really do need a big forward for September though. Hall is perfect for the next two years.
West Coast has won flags without a dominant big forward in September (as has Adelaide), but I don't think the Bulldogs can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I said right from the start and have repeated...

West Coast has won flags without a dominant big forward in September (as has Adelaide), but I don't think the Bulldogs can.

howeverthe West Coast has anamazing midfield with 2 brownlow medalists and a great ruck division

One of the Bulldogs' biggest problems is they take time to get going, so their first and third quarters are poor. They've won only 20 1st and 3rd quarters, which is only 10th in the comp. But they've won 27 2nd and 4th quarters, which is equal third.

the week of will be a blessing for the Cats Steve Johnson, Chapman and Rooke will all benefit from an extra weeks rest

Great win by Geelong. :) That first quarter really won it for us, Bulldogs really turned up and was threatening to finish us off again in that last quarter.
hey and let's not forget who the "form side was" beat pies cats and bris in 3 weeks. welcome to finals footy bulldogs
Ha go pussies

Great win by Geelong. :) That first quarter really won it for us, Bulldogs really turned up and was threatening to finish us off again in that last quarter.

Agreed, the game would've been much closer if Geelong didn't have that fantastic first quarter, but they did and even though the Dogs finished stronger than they started they just couldn't make up the difference.

I was thinking during the first quarter that it's as we expected, the Cats are playing as good as they can now they actually have something to play for, but they didn't seem to hold on to that intensity for long.

Agreed, the game would've been much closer if Geelong didn't have that fantastic first quarter, but they did and even though the Dogs finished stronger than they started they just couldn't make up the difference.

I was thinking during the first quarter that it's as we expected, the Cats are playing as good as they can now they actually have something to play for, but they didn't seem to hold on to that intensity for long.

ur a little frightened of the Cats my friend. Do we not look for the weakness of our enemy? Cats smacked Bullies and its called TEMPO footy. Thats why it seems to the parochial that one side might waver at stages. Love ya

Bulldogs won't make the Grand Final if they don't work on their intensity.

Cats a possibility, but my Money would be on Saints, Pies and Crows to take home flag this year. Not sure about Saints, just giving them credit for their good season, but they are still a risk of going out in two like the Dogs are (I could well be wrong this year, can only go off the way they have gone to goo in previous finals campaigns).

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals, Week 1 - Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back