Finals, Week 1 - Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

well thats a little harsh

Stop writing us off. 20 points down is a good result because we stopped the blowout & we clawed a little back. Geelong know we can come back.

Even if it's within 20 points going into the final quarter I'd be happy.

yeh wasn't giving you stick, i just think people that have this rock solid belief that umpires go out there and have a bias to a particular team is plain nonsense. they just make awful calls sometimes ie, adam mcphee taking the ball over the boundary line against the swans in 07 - makes me want to vomit. haha.

All good mate. I remember the McPhee play and yeah I understand ya pain.

Stop writing us off. 20 points down is a good result because we stopped the blowout & we clawed a little back. Geelong know we can come back.

Even if it's within 20 points going into the final quarter I'd be happy.

If the umpiring* is anything to go by, you wanna hope the inconsistencies flow your way in the second half, or no matter how hard you try you won't be able to overcome.

Our forward line was woeful second quarter. alwayus outnumbered. Stokes is a small crumbing forward not someone that should be going up for pack marks.

we need to get Hawkins into the goal square

Bulldogs need to stop bombing it in, they have no contested-marking forward targets.

Well done by Geelong, even though they were dominated that quarter their defense kept the pressure up and kept the damage to a minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrating quarter there in regard to the fact our forward delivery was terrible - but considering the Dogs dominated possession, we did very bloody well to restrict them as we did. Backline was bloody fantastic that quarter.
I think that had alot to do with the dogs. The first 15 minutes of the first i noticed Geelong had alot of space inside 50, and we were hittin our targets like you tigh your shoelace. All of a sudden, Bulldogs started to get numbers back, and we havn't had many if any since.

Dogs getting r*ped by some very very ordinary umpiring ...Cats playing much better football ..they don't need charity goals.

Yet half the Bulldogs' score to half time is a direct result of free kicks or 50m penalties. Funny that...

Stick a fork in the dogs they are done. And not just for this game. Will get done next week.

big call, i hope you're right. maybe a bit premature though. there's a lot of game left and if geelong has another quarter like they just did i can't see us getting up...

Our defence was fantastic during the quarter, considering how often the ball went into our defensive 50. But we couldn't seem to get it past the half forward line effectively either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals, Week 1 - Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back