Review First Preliminary Final – Pies vs Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

What does the WEG Premiership poster look like for you guys. The Blues poster is just some fat bloke wearing a Carlton jumper.

This is when there is a drawback of not having an animal as a mascot.

Least of our concerns at the moment.

But this guy don't look like a fat bloke
IMG_20180908_110125.jpeg

Happening now. Processing through from cat 1 on down. AFL Fan Chat saying tickets are coming through.
Credit card has been debited.

Great win guys.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but from where I was sitting in my lounge chair, the small band of Giant supporters at the MCG made more noise for three and a half quarters than the much vaunted Collingwood "army" who seemed to be in a state of sulky shock until their team made a late rally.

Fantastic courage and resolve by your team to hold out against the baying crowd, the total FAIL of the ARC and the umps that got swept up in the momentum, not to mention the appalling TV "commentators" who behaved like members of the Collingwood Cheer squad during the last quarter.

All the best for the GF and go stick it to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit did not look sideways walking from the G back to my hotel. The ferals are not happy, claiming AFL intervention even though the free kick count was never in our favour. The scenes on the ground after the siren was epic, now to go one better.
Never make mind free kick count they got a bolloxed up review goal. Glad it didn’t affect the result

Well I am going to our maiden GF. The credit card has been debited for the ticket.😊

What a privilege to have been at the MCG last night. Will never forget that moment of realisation after the final siren...it sort of hit us all at the same time...we're in the Grand Final! 😁

Just watched the replay.
I got to appreciate the 1% efforts from both teams again. Just a supreme will to win.
Looks like we'll have a lot of the neutrals in our corner.
All the neutrals. I see the Giants on TV cos I'm in NSW. If I didn't barrack for the tigers I'd be cheering for you.

You HAD to be there... it was an incredible game. That 3rd quarter was pure bliss. That final term pure terror! That roar from the Magpie hordes..unbelievable . Hehe These boys never cease to amaze. The toughed it out the defense all stood up Apples, Sam Taylor was bloody fearless, Heater, Nick, Keefe they gave them nothing these Giants boys in the final minutes..and when that siren rang it was the sweetest sound Ive ever heard at a football game. Like i said on Thursday about the Bobby Hill inclusion..I felt totally at ease with that. He did some brilliant 1 % ers big time..chasing..pressure..touches..superb.. The mayhem in the sheds was something to behold... It was pure bliss.. I’m so proud of this team and what they have done to achieve this grand final berth. They were bloody terrible a few weeks ago, especially at the “Snow Bowl” in Canberra...but full credit must go to everyone associated with this club in how they adjusted and responded to the poor footy and key outs they had going. They learnt from their finals losses..that’s all you can ask for...I cannot wait for next week..Bring on Richmond.. Don’t doubt me folks we will beat them C194C1B7-EB21-498D-B66E-810465464CF4.jpeg

682CCF14-74CC-4E5A-B736-87B09675555F.jpeg

Gotta love the front page of this morning's Herald Sun:

"The rampant Tigers carry the hopes of a state in the Grand Final against Greater Western Sydney. OUR 134 YEAR OLD CLUB FROM THE STREETS OF INNER MELBOURNE TAKES ON A TEAM ESTABLISHED BY THE AFL JUST 10 YEARS AGO".

The person who wrote that must be either a whining Bulldogs supporter, or is privately worried that we're going to win. Or both.

What a rollercoaster of emotion that was, I thought it would be an honorable loss with the injuries, playing at the MCG, talent on the park but the 3rd quarter made me believe and then the last 8 minutes with less than a goal in the game and the Pies dominating territory up stood Mumford and competed for the ball to keep it in and create stoppage after stoppage with help from Hopper and others, Mumford selling candy to pendlebury will be on high rotation over the media this week and going forward as well. Haynes was massive throughout the game and staying on his feet on the edge of the fifty at one stage when it was 2 on 1 he came out with the ball and cleared it away. Special praise for Perryman who was immense and for a 3rd year player with 30 odd games to stand up in a prelim showed how tough he is and to blanket Sidebottom but also impact the game was great to see and MDB was key to winning the midfield battle and keeping Pendlebury and Treloar below their usual output went a long way to getting the win

What a game and i was predicting a 4 goal loss even before Toby was suspended and then to lose Whitfield but I will say the whole Toby tribunal thing just gave the club motivation so in a way it backfired although I will say the weather played a big part in the way the game was played

Believe me 90% of the press box was Melbourne / Victorian biased..I even overheard Robbo say something along the lines of what am I going to write about if the Giants win?..aka he was expecting a Pies win.. the room was silent when the boys turned on THAT amazing 3rd quarter..The Giants overcame EVERYTHING yesterday..when the table is being run by Victorians it’s so tough to overcome.. the only place to do so is out on the field..DEEDS not Words!

You HAD to be there... it was an incredible game. That 3rd quarter was pure bliss. That final term pure terror! That roar from the Magpie hordes..unbelievable . Hehe These boys never cease to amaze. The toughed it out the defense all stood up Apples, Sam Taylor was bloody fearless, Heater, Nick, Keefe they gave them nothing these Giants boys in the final minutes..and when that siren rang it was the sweetest sound Ive ever heard at a football game. Like i said on Thursday about the Bobby Hill inclusion..I felt totally at ease with that. He did some brilliant 1 % ers big time..chasing..pressure..touches..superb.. The mayhem in the sheds was something to behold... It was pure bliss.. I’m so proud of this team and what they have done to achieve this grand final berth. They were bloody terrible a few weeks ago, especially at the “Snow Bowl” in Canberra...but full credit must go to everyone associated with this club in how they adjusted and responded to the poor footy and key outs they had going. They learnt from their finals losses..that’s all you can ask for...I cannot wait for next week..Bring on Richmond.. Don’t doubt me folks we will beat them View attachment 750629

View attachment 750630
Who are you tipping for the grannie cowgirl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review First Preliminary Final – Pies vs Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back