First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Agar is the epitome of a good second or third spinner in Asia and that's it. Good white ball player too.
He's a nothing player at test level. Just pick 2 frontline spinners and get a few overs out of Marnus, he's a waste of a spot.

He's a nothing player at test level. Just pick 2 frontline spinners and get a few overs out of Marnus, he's a waste of a spot.
Who are the two though? I would say Swepson is still second to Lyon but traditionally leg spinners have been murdered in India

Murphy looks good but you want a bowler spinning it away from the right hander, plus he's probably a bit raw

Who are the two though? I would say Swepson is still second to Lyon but traditionally leg spinners have been murdered in India

Murphy looks good but you want a bowler spinning it away from the right hander, plus he's probably a bit raw
How long is Kuhnemann injured for? I know he nearly got a game in Sri Lanka

Probably a couple of weeks, he's probably a bit raw as well at 12 first class games

I reckon they'll go with Agar as the second spinner and I won't have a lot of confidence in that selection
It's a shame SOK is such an idiot on the piss. He'd still be playing and would be on the plane over.

I reckon they may call up Jon Holland. Even as a staunch Victorian that makes me wanna spew
Nope. He's not even in our best side anymore honestly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt and Street seem almost cricketers like Cowan just not quite able to step up

Renshaw fills me with more confidence than Warner in Tests

Love to see Handscomb making runs hopefully he gets a gig in India

The main problem with our young batsmen are, they aren’t playing enough first class cricket. Can’t get a solid read on them without continuity.

Another problem is some of the kids are being rushed in due to the overall lack of depth hence affecting there development. Happend to Sangha and he’s seemed to hit a wall.

Need to get the Australian A team playing regularly again. Mix up youth and experience.
This is more or less the Australia A side under a different name, and Australia A play South Africa later in the year. I assume the line up will be about the same

I’m only 22, I recall it only slightly
I'm 29, loved it as a kid. They even showed the 4 day games at one point. Eventually it was just the one dayers. Dennis Cometti commentated a few games which was gold. Recall him saying 'let's review the DNA' when the umpire went upstairs to the 3rd umpire for a run out

Australia A play South Africa
Not heard that our As were also touring Sth Africa. That is good news as our next in liners need as many chances as possible to impress for future spots in this aging side. Hearing they may tour NZ too next year.

Fairly dumb play by Handscomb exposing a fresh man in Josh Inglis to the tricky post dusk period. Looked a reckless shot, not usually associated with arguably our best player of spin after Steve Smith.

Renshaw over Warner

But Warner will score some easy runs and he'll go suck in India and England

I don't mind Inglis batting his keeping is so much better then Carey

Remove this Banner Ad

First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back